The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y31 - Updates
(108 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :Sorry, that was my fault, I typed something wrongly on the master server.

You should find it will work now if you try again. No need to reinstall, just unlock.

Thanks Scawen for the quick answer and resolution
Quote from wien :Define "crashes". Does it just disappear? Blue screen? Do you get a crash report?

black screen and it says lfs.exe has stop working..
Quote from Jokin46(EUK) :Well I found something that isn't a "bug" but it's a problem in XFG

Actually, that has something to do with the FOV settings, you get the same in an open wheeler when looking left or right.
Quote from Scawen :Are you sure you used the correct patch?

If you did not have Y30 already installed, then you must use the Y_TO_Y31 patch, not the Y30_TO_Y31 patch.

I started with Y24 and used the Y_TO_Y31 patch. The problem only applies to some of the tracks (see first picture). Another problem is that I can not select a non-demo car and use it (see second picture).

Attached images
error.JPG
error 2.JPG
Yeah but that's a problem because that happens with the default 90degrees of FOV with XFG
Hi Scawen, a couple of things with the dedi server.

1. If you have an AI in the game and you join useing the same name, it causes the server to crash. It stops people joining the room, they get caught in an endless loop of join .. get joos error .. disconect .. try joining again.
This is the same pronlem as before when the game added more than 1 AI with the same name, but you can still join with the same name as your AI, and that's what's the problem.

2. Not so much a bug but the server starts with the lfs user names now insteed of the player names as it used to, is that intentional ?

And keep up the great work m8
i guess i cant play cuz i dont have unlocks but funny thing is it says its unlocked its in s2 mode but i cant join any games or load tracks of s2 or any s1 s2 cars or it will crash or either say car could not be loaded!!

wat do i do?
hi, is it comming new interiors for FZR and FXR too ? ? :P
i have 0 unlocks left
Quote from MrPDR :i have 0 unlocks left

me 2 so i guess we gotta wait till friday =/
-
(MrPDR) DELETED by the_angry_angel : There's no need for that.
Hi Scawen! I have a question:
What is the best FOV for a regular 4:3 screen to feel the right sens of speed? For you, the best setting is X, Y, Z at 0 m, and 0°, with 90° FOV?

Thanks
Small bug (I think) which I didn't spot in Y30.

When changing the colour of the rollcage, it changes the colour of the top part of the XFR interior.

Attached a screenshot.
Attached images
lfs_00000006.jpg
Quote from alexcand :Hi Scawen! I have a question:
What is the best FOV for a regular 4:3 screen to feel the right sens of speed? For you, the best setting is X, Y, Z at 0 m, and 0°, with 90° FOV?

Thanks

off topic, try 70° (on 4:3 its a good compromiss) and change your seat position to your favour position.... its driver dependant, you will have to find your own settings
Quote from ninja469 :Hi Scawen, a couple of things with the dedi server.

1. If you have an AI in the game and you join useing the same name, it causes the server to crash. It stops people joining the room, they get caught in an endless loop of join .. get joos error .. disconect .. try joining again.
This is the same pronlem as before when the game added more than 1 AI with the same name, but you can still join with the same name as your AI, and that's what's the problem.

That sounds very bad but I can't seem to reproduce it. Can you explain step by step how to cause this bug?

I see that if I add an AI driver who has my player name (which I have already selected) then I can join with the same name. But then another guest can still join the host.

I don't know how to get it into the bad state... what exactly are the conditions for this - is it an internet host or a local network host?

I was just thinking... have you definitely reproduced that JOOS in the new patches? I've got feeling I fixed that JOOS problem.

Quote from ninja469 :2. Not so much a bug but the server starts with the lfs user names now insteed of the player names as it used to, is that intentional ?

And keep up the great work m8

Yes that is intentional. At least the user names are always unique and in Latin code page so they can all be read on the dedicated server screen.
Really sorry if this was fixed, but I don't have any Y31 server admin password to try it with. But in Y24 I had this trouble twice at 22 pm:

I wanted to change weather (/weather 3) and I lost connection with the server 2 times and 2 different servers

Please, could someone try this now with Y31 installed?
#41 - wark
Quote from beefyman666 :Small bug (I think) which I didn't spot in Y30.

When changing the colour of the rollcage, it changes the colour of the top part of the XFR interior.

Attached a screenshot.

That's not a bug--it's a feature!
Quote from wark :That's not a bug--it's a feature!

I wouldn't call it a feature.

I'd rather not have say red bits of interior. I'd say it's kind of acceptable if it matches the paintjob, but otherwise it looks horrible.

Please fix this Scawen. A seperate file for that interior part would make things hunky dorey.
Quote from Bonzo :I started with Y24 and used the Y_TO_Y31 patch. The problem only applies to some of the tracks (see first picture). Another problem is that I can not select a non-demo car and use it (see second picture).

1) did you reunlock y31?
2) on the main menu screen where it says "s2 licence" is your licence name missing?
Hi Scawen, it seems that Y31 doesn't crash the server like previous versions did. Sorry when i saw that the AI could still have the same name, i thought the joos error was from it.
But still the AI shouldn't be able to have the same name.
#45 - arco
Quick question about hotlapping:

Will hotlaps made in Y30-> be valid for upload when patch Z is released?
Quote from TripleX322 :i guess i cant play cuz i dont have unlocks but funny thing is it says its unlocked its in s2 mode but i cant join any games or load tracks of s2 or any s1 s2 cars or it will crash or either say car could not be loaded!!

wat do i do?

I think something I did with the unlocks was not done the best way. I'll look at it in the morning. For now, I'm sure you can fix it by clicking "Lock LFS" in the unlocking screen then unlock again. I've added two unlocks to your account.
Quote from arco :Quick question about hotlapping:

Will hotlaps made in Y30-> be valid for upload when patch Z is released?

There was a small change to the XF cars that affected physics in Y31 compared with Y30, so the short answer is no.

I don't know what we will do, it'll probably be best to just say you can only upload hotlaps made in version Z (very soon).
Scawen, and if we dont download patch Z, but a before test patch can we upload those hotlaps?... i have a crappy internet (52kps) and i wont download Z until like 3 weeks from now
Is that working well with vista?
I installed Y31 based on the common Y version.
Unlocked it but it didn't work at the first time.
Then restarted the lfs again, finally it shows me a S2 racer.
However, any car or any track of S1 and S2 can't be used,
In single player and hotlap mode, it just says no track.
In multiplayer mode, there appears a system error to exit the lfs.
I believe I will need to reinstall it to try again.

Still, Nice job Scawen.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y31 - Updates
(108 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG