The online racing simulator
Why do people buy rFactor?
(211 posts, started )

Poll : Why do people buy rFactor?

Plain and pure stupidity
Car simulations
Eye candy
When rFactor is mentioned in relation to LFS, I'm usually involved as I think most of my cars work fairly well and you can get sideways on the power as you can in LFS, though, might I say so, a bit more realistic..

But LFSers playing the Enduracers mod I don't understand. It is about as far removed from LFS physics as you can get with silly tires that really just don't exist.

When you go from 0 to -2.5 degrees camber, a real tire does NOT gain 20% in cornering grip. When you go a few degrees beyond peak slip angle, cornering grip does NOT plummet.. However, in Enduracers, these two things happen.

IMO it is exactly mods like these that keep LFS players playing LFS, and rightly so. BTW, i'm only on the physics here, the models and sounds are aparantly great, which is also rare in rFactor, so thats very good. They're also NOT converted from F1c which was converted from SCGT which was converted from REVS.. So many good things about the mod, but the physics aren't even remotely realistic.
Quote from mutt107 :why do people buy rfactor? hmm... modding.
what i would want to know is why do people buy iracing

Because iRacing offers good racing with a variety of real life cars and tracks with physics that feel real (maybe they fudge a bit, but they feel as the real car should).

Why do people play rFactor?
Why do people play LFS?
Why do people play NKP?
Why do people play GPL?

Because they have freedom of choice in what they drive. Every sim has its physics flaws or deficiencies, but each are fun in their own regard (except rFactor... it's always given me a massive headache because everything is like you've OD'd on acid.)
Mods, plain and simple, the mods MAKE rFactor, as a standalone game, rFactor is crap, with the mods, you always get some of your favourite cars and it makes the game so much more enjoyable, such as me, I love Porsches, so to hear that Flat6 singing away whilst I rape Lime Rock park to an inch of its life is great to me.
Can anyone help with my broken steering? (historix with rf)
Quote from anttt69 :Can anyone help with my broken steering? (historix with rf)

What exactly is the problem? And what steering wheel do you have? Have you got the HistorX mod installed then? I seem to remember you saying that you couldn't get it to install properly.
The game does not recognise the steering input. Everything is installed i was just asking about the order which to do the install.

I have a g25.
i think you just missed an option of
''mods/mod-ability
Quote from anttt69 :The game does not recognise the steering input. Everything is installed i was just asking about the order which to do the install.

I have a g25.

Does it recognize the pedal inputs? Have you made sure you've assigned the right axis to the controls in the controls screen by clicking eg. steering and then moving your steering wheel etc.?
Have you got any other controllers plugged in? My rFactor install doesn't like my 360 pad being plugged in at the same time as the wheel.
Quote from obsolum :Does it recognize the pedal inputs? Have you made sure you've assigned the right axis to the controls in the controls screen by clicking eg. steering and then moving your steering wheel etc.?

Yes thats where it failed, i tried to assign steering & nothing?
Yes it recognises the pedal inputs.
No other controllers apart from a mouse which is necessary.
are you steering enough? You need to do a fair bit of wheel turning before the controller assignment picks it up.
ah ha im getting somewhere now (loving the engine sounds btw). I have some steering, but it is very unresponsive how do i adjust the steering rate or sensitivity?
Quote from anttt69 :ah ha im getting somewhere now (loving the engine sounds btw). I have some steering, but it is very unresponsive how do i adjust the steering rate or sensitivity?

You have to buy the "adjustable steering ratio" upgrade for your car. Then just go in the garage where you setup your car and set the steering lock to 24°-26°, that seems to work best for nearly every car. Also don't forget to set your G25 to 900°.

Also, if you want to make the in-game steering wheel's movement match your physical wheel's, do this:

Quote :To make the in-game wheel rotate the same amount as the wheel in front of you, go to UserData\"your username in rf"\ folder, open the Controller.ini find this line

Code:
Steering Wheel Range="xxx"
Change xxx for whatever the steering wheel rotation you are using.

Quote from obsolum :You have to buy the "adjustable steering ratio" upgrade for your car. Then just go in the garage where you setup your car and set the steering lock to 24°-26°, that seems to work best for nearly every car. Also don't forget to set your G25 to 900°.

Also, if you want to make the in-game steering wheel's movement match your physical wheel's, do this:

Thx for the info .
Ok i bought the upgrade but in my garage i have sesitivity @ 100% & digital something @ 63% i cant see the option for steering lock & nor can i find the page to set the g25 to 900deg?

aarghh this is messy to say the least, although i have it almost drivable. just need a bit more steering lock.
I gots a question for YOU!

WHY DO YOU POST ALL OF THESE THREADS??

Hehe, i'm messing about.. i'm kinda.. hi-erm, HYPER, at the moment.. I like the way most people chose the last option.. the people that don't really care
erm this is a thread about rfactor.
If you having nothing to add (apart from incomprehensible rubbish) then just dont post.
Quote from anttt69 :erm this is a thread about rfactor.
If you having nothing to add (apart from incomprehensible rubbish) then just dont post.

+1..
Quote from anttt69 :Thx for the info .
Ok i bought the upgrade but in my garage i have sesitivity @ 100% & digital something @ 63% i cant see the option for steering lock & nor can i find the page to set the g25 to 900deg?

aarghh this is messy to say the least, although i have it almost drivable. just need a bit more steering lock.

You set your G25 to 900° in Windows. Not in the game.

As for the steering lock and other setup options, when you're in a race weekend or track day or whatever and you're in the main screen (ie. you haven't exited the pits yet) there should be a tab Garage. You should go there. I'm guessing you went to the Settings tab. I'll try to add some screenshots of the screens to my post, to clarify.

EDIT: the settings in the last screenshot GRAB_027 are mostly down to personal preference. I don't think I have touched anything there.
Attached images
GRAB_023.JPG
GRAB_024.JPG
GRAB_025.JPG
GRAB_026.JPG
GRAB_027.JPG
Speed sensitivity is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really it should NEVERNEVER be used in simracing. Its just a way to make people with analog gamepads stand a chance. Its not a matter of personal preference either, it is simply evil and wrong.

I'm not a fan of 'exaggerate yaw' either as that throws me off much more than it (tries to) help but let me say it again:

Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Speed sensitivity is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really it should NEVERNEVER be used in simracing. Its just a way to make people with analog gamepads stand a chance. Its not a matter of personal preference either, it is simply evil and wrong.

I'm not a fan of 'exaggerate yaw' either as that throws me off much more than it (tries to) help but let me say it again:

Niels baby! Calm down before you have an aneurism!

Yes All these assists are insane, and are only useful to gamepad users (which I am on a rare occasion). Just be thankful that you know better than these wheel idiots that use speed sensitivity and exaggerate yaw.

Hehe sorry! Perhaps Obsolum doesn't even use this but everytime I see it, I sort of black out and go nuts for a few minutes.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Speed sensitivity is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, I never touched anything in that screen as I have no idea what any of that stuff does so yes, that's what I have it set at I'll turn the speed sensitivity off and see if I notice a difference.

EDIT: you're right, it does feel better

Why do people buy rFactor?
(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG