The online racing simulator
Why do people buy rFactor?
(211 posts, started )

Poll : Why do people buy rFactor?

Plain and pure stupidity
Car simulations
Eye candy
tracks
i buy it because of the tracks. the real tracks you can drive around.. i would love lfs to have this.!
Quote from StuntmanMike :i buy it because of the tracks. the real tracks you can drive around.. i would love lfs to have this.!

nice job bumping old thread...

On the topic then i guess..

Probably because of modding ability (most likely)
There is no vote for modding? That is the reason why I bought it. I can't vote on such a limited poll.
It should have 1 more option named like "I dont buy it" or something ...
Voted for stupidity
Quoting myself as a bit of an update here.

Quote from Crashgate3 :One of the major differenced I've found between rFactor and LFS is that in rFactor, I've *never* been able to get in an online game. Well, once for about a minute, but it kicked me out.

Since posting that, almost exactly a year ago, I joined a proper racing community, and have had vastly more fun playing rFactor and assorted Race 07 derivatives than I ever have playing LFS.

If you want to play rFactor online, it seems to be the only way to do it, there is pretty much no pick-up racing in rFactor at all (unless you really, really like Meganes..). I'd say the amount of games you can just jump into and find people to drive against is easily LFS's strongest point, even more so than the physics.
Whats the order of play for installing a new install of rfactor & the historix mod?

Do i have to patch my copy of rfactor up to current before installing historix mod or after?
patch first, historix second. (actually install realfeel before historix would be better)
Quote from BAMBO :I just want to ask why would someone chose rFactor instead of LFS? It's like saying

You buy both!
(ripoff off GTR.... guess who made the engine behind GTR and which has more advanced physics, GTRevo or rFactor, stupid thread)

EDIT: Sorry guys, looked like a nwe thread when I clicked, I'm blaming the irish (Guniess extra stout)
Quote from Crashgate3 :Quoting myself as a bit of an update here.

Since posting that, almost exactly a year ago, I joined a proper racing community, and have had vastly more fun playing rFactor and assorted Race 07 derivatives than I ever have playing LFS.

If you want to play rFactor online, it seems to be the only way to do it, there is pretty much no pick-up racing in rFactor at all (unless you really, really like Meganes..). I'd say the amount of games you can just jump into and find people to drive against is easily LFS's strongest point, even more so than the physics.

I should thank you for that since I had the same problem. Syncro-Racing seems to be pretty organized and since this means that I will finally put my rFactor license to good use, I'm going to register on their forum.
Best decision you'll ever make
I hated rFactor completely, until this mod came along. I love it!:lovies:
I've always thought about getting rFactor, but the only thing that has stopped me is the sheer amount of mod's and never sure which one to het or avoid.

Any help would be grately appricated.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I hated rFactor completely, until this mod came along. I love it!:lovies:

Yeah, I've been playing that recently, it's brilliant.
Quote from JJ72 :patch first, historix second. (actually install realfeel before historix would be better)

Realfeel is included with the HistorX mod complete with configuration guidelines and everything so there's no need to install it first.
well you know all those stories about rf install nightmares & how its such a chore just to get it up & running ... .... ...., they were right.

I would like to recommend the Historix mod to you but i cant . My install failed, i have a game that runs but my steering does not respond?? So despite having GTL & RF & getting a friend to dl the mod for me i still cant play it .

I hope i can get it going. I liked the classic race cars in GTL & the sounds were awesome (compared to lfs) but i hated the physics, so this historix mod should be just the ticket.

Can anyone help with my steering issue?
Quote from Crashgate3 :Yeah, I've been playing that recently, it's brilliant.

About 90% of all rFactor mods and tracks are...ehm...rubbish. But some are really awesome! That Endurance Series mod is fantastic in any way. It feels realistic, it looks great and the car sounds are outstanding! The best rFactor mod ever to exist in my opinion.
Quote :Syncro’s very own Chris Sugg (Aka BattleMetalChris) continues to impress all as his scratch-built Cadwell Park for rFactor rapidly takes shape.

aha your secret is out!
Quote from Deutschland2007 :About 90% of all rFactor mods and tracks are...ehm...rubbish. But some are really awesome! That Endurance Series mod is fantastic in any way. It feels realistic, it looks great and the car sounds are outstanding! The best rFactor mod ever to exist in my opinion.

I couldn agree with you any more its simply fantastic.
The mod is just great on any track but somehow I suck at Mid Ohio.
And im ace at laguna seca I managed to pul Of a P2 win(p2 class).
WIth a full grid of 40 good drivers it was realy good.

But there are few other good mods have some of you ever tried the Shauns racing school not well know but jolly great.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I couldn agree with you any more its simply fantastic.
The mod is just great on any track but somehow I suck at Mid Ohio.
And im ace at laguna seca I managed to pul Of a P2 win(p2 class).
WIth a full grid of 40 good drivers it was realy good.

But there are few other good mods have some of you ever tried the Shauns racing school not well know but jolly great.

Yeah I like that one aswell. I mean the Endurance Series mod is far off being finished. Just imagine what cars alone SP1 will include. But of course there are other good mods like CART Factor, CTDP F1 2006, FSONE 2008 and many others. They are all absolutely astonishing. You can really see and feel how much work has been put into those mods. But ES mod is by far my favourite.
why do people buy rfactor? hmm... modding.
what i would want to know is why do people buy iracing
Quote from mutt107 :why do people buy rfactor? hmm... modding.
what i would want to know is why do people buy iracing

Because there bored and got to much money but don´t know what to spend it on.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Because there bored and got to much money but don´t know what to spend it on.

i have no money and i want to spent it on alot of stuff.
Quote from mutt107 :i have no money and i want to spent it on alot of stuff.

You want to spend nothing on alot of stuff? Hmm, that´s gonna be a mighty difficult thing to do!

Why do people buy rFactor?
(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG