Why do people buy rFactor?
(211 posts, started )

Poll : Why do people buy rFactor?

Plain and pure stupidity
Car simulations
Eye candy
#1 - BAMBO
This thread is old and it doesn't depict in any way my opinion towards rFactor.
Even though I'm a Die Hard LFSer, I have to say that RFactor has the eye candy factor much more than LFS, and that's what the average gamer want. The guy that plays one hour a month dont necessary want to play a simulator...
Not everyone likes the same sim. rfactor got some cool mods like F1 '79
rFactor is good in the aspect it's very moddable, but then that also has it's downsides. You need to keep up with all the latest cars and tracks if you want to play online.

Like Riders said, it's got the looks. The physics aren't brilliant but it's acceptable enough to play. Especially when you can take your favourite car round your favourite track (if one or both of those have been made that is).
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#5 - BAMBO
Quote from speedway :edit: I see you just added a poll to the thread, which is about as objective as all the other ones you made so far. (which you were told not to do)
Will you even accept answers and opinions which dont match your own?

Yes I added a poll and yes I accept answers and opinions that don't mach my own, .Sorry mate can't be bothered right now to make an account just to ask them basically why they're paying for a GTR rip off.
I bought it because it has Lime Rock, pure and simple. It was my dad's home track when I was growing up. Despite the games many flaws, and my affinity towards LFS, I still enjoy ripping around there once in a while. The new Mid-Ohio in the 'Vette isn't too bad either.
I got it because I had the G25, I figured I spent so much on the wheel yet only had 2 games.

rFactor is not that bad anyway, just isn't as good as LFS. Its quite fun actually, main downside apart from its feedback and not as good physics is that the sheer amount of mods has diluted rfactor online.
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
#8 - BAMBO
So from what I can see people buy it because you can go around real tracks with a more arcade feeling but real car and because of it's more arcade feeling, people can have more fun.Got it, thanks!
Oh yay, a copy of the Hummer vs. Jeep thread from yesterday. :rolleyes:

Oh, on-topic: People buy rFactor because they like it.
go create stupid threads somewhere else.
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
Quote from Biohazard :go create stupid threads somewhere else.

If you don't like it then don't post on it. Is it that complicated to understand?
Rf*cktor itself is crap,but with mods it fun to play for like 30 mins.
They buy it cause of the corvette.

Completely agree can we get rid of this idiot? He keeps wasting forum space with stupid threads
#15 - Mc21
I bought mine because it was so moddable.. Going around loads of different tracks with different cars.
BAMBO you and all your retarded threads
Quote from ajp71 :Completely agree can we get rid of this idiot? He keeps wasting forum space with stupid threads

If you don't like my threads, then don't enter them but from what I can see you're too much of an idiot to understand that.
Quote from G!NhO :BAMBO you and all your retarded threads

I guess you are really a bloody idiot. What did I say?If you don't like them, then don't post on them.Can't a man ask a question without being called a retard or an idiot? Aparentely not.
#19 - 5haz
I bet most of the people who bash rFactor haven't played it, or played the demo for a few minutes and didn't bother to set it up properly.

I don't understand all this rFactor bashing really, yes the physics are mostly poor, however if you took time to check out the new HistoriX mod then you would find that the physics can be excellent if done correctly.

HistoriX is one of the first mods that finally make rFactor worth buying, hats off to the HistoriX mod team.

At least in the rFactor community you can post your opinion without being flamed, here it's like theres only a few ringleaders who are allowed to start threads, and if anyone else starts one, people spam the thread with 'OMG this thread is stupid' spam.

It seems that its against the rules of this forum to post a thread.
Quote from BAMBO :I guess you are really a bloody idiot. What did I say?If you don't like them, then don't post on them.Can't a man ask a question without being called a retard or an idiot? Aparentely not.

Mate I totally agree, a fella should be allowed to ask a question without fear of reprisal or name calling.

However, if you ask stupid questions, like the one you did at the start of the poll with the bit
Quote :I'm not even going to bother adding a poll because I already know who will win

Then you do bring it on you're self.
I was refeering to a poll between LFS and rFactor wich would have been useless because this is after all the LFS forum.

Quote from G!NhO :BAMBO you and all your retarded threads

+1.

For example we could talk about Alina Vacariu, but nooo you want to talk about rTractor...
Quote from BAMBO :I was refeering to a poll between LFS and rFactor wich would have been useless because this is after all the LFS forum.

Ok so you ask a question "why do people buy rFactor" then instead of putting in a poll of potential reasons why they purchased it...

....you were going to put a poll betweem LFS and rFactor.
Quote from 5haz :I bet most of the people who bash rFactor haven't played it, or played the demo for a few minutes and didn't bother to set it up properly.

I don't understand all this rFactor bashing really, yes the physics are mostly poor, however if you took time to check out the new HistoriX mod then you would find that the physics can be excellent if done correctly.

HistoriX is one of the first mods that finally make rFactor worth buying, hats off to the HistoriX mod team.

At least in the rFactor community you can post your opinion without being flamed, here it's like theres only a few ringleaders who are allowed to start threads, and if anyone else starts one, people spam the thread with 'OMG this thread is stupid' spam.

It seems that its against the rules of this forum to post a thread.

Well to be sincere, rFactor is better then any GTR.Why? Because first of all, it's cheaper then any GTR and because of all the mods you basicaly get 20 games in one if not more, it's a great alternative to GTR and maybe even LFS if it's to hard for you and you're looking for good ol' fun.
#25 - 5haz
Quote from ajp71 :Completely agree can we get rid of this idiot? He keeps wasting forum space with stupid threads

If you don't like a thread, don't post in it you fool, if you don't post in it it will swiftly fall off the first page in the forum, however, because you decide to crap on the thread like a demented seagull with your 'close this thread!' posts, this causes the thread to stay on the front page of the forum, and so wasting space, so basically you sir, are a hypocrite along with all the other people who see fit to crap on threads and make no positive contribution to the forum.

(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG