The online racing simulator
InSim: MSO Idea
Before the message from a client is sent to the clients connected to the server, send it via the InSim app, then the app has to send back a "ok, send it" or a "ok, dont send it".

Or the ability to edit the text first.

Reason is, imagine "what the f**k do you think you're doing?" could be the output - rather than... well the obvious.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
+1 .... but , it may be slow...
Sorry if i sound completely dumb, but don't the !commands get hidden by your app. now? I mean, can't you just apply the same principle and parse all chat the same way and choose to hide or unhide them ?

In our system any user chat that begins with a "!" is hidden and never makes it to the server ingame chat. Can't all chat be blocked and processed?

And again sorry if I sound dumb.
I think such a thing should be in default lfs and not put in 3rd party apps to maintain some integrity (because not all programmers have integrity) with such a system.
@ JJ: The character to hide is sent when connecting InSim. It's part of the line with admin password, IP and port. You can only send one per connection, and it only blocks it if it's at the start of every message.

I think a better (and less laggy) solution is that if there is an InSim connection present, every message is sent to the InSim app, and not displayed on screen. Then the app can send it as a message (edited or non-edited), or just do nothing. If there's no InSim connection present, then it stays as it is now

BTW, I think this is the first thread I've seen that actually falls into the correct category of "InSim requests"
Quote from JasonJ :Sorry if i sound completely dumb, but don't the !commands get hidden by your app. now? I mean, can't you just apply the same principle and parse all chat the same way and choose to hide or unhide them ?

In our system any user chat that begins with a "!" is hidden and never makes it to the server ingame chat. Can't all chat be blocked and processed?

And again sorry if I sound dumb.

It's not possible to make all messages not shown, the way that the "!" commands are. That is part of the InSim init packet.
@JJ: Are you using your own base, or LFS External, LFSLib etc?
Quote from shaun463 :@JJ: Are you using your own base, or LFS External, LFSLib etc?

Talk about going off topic..

He is using a base that Monk created.

Back OT please...
Ma bad.

I guess our base is just so good, I never had to understand inSim. So I was unaware of an only-one-hidden-char-definition for the init. Sorry 'boot that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG