The online racing simulator
3 new ideas
(15 posts, started )
3 new ideas
Hi there...

Few things I'd love to see...

Setup filter
I have a lot of setups for one track/car combo, since i'm new to s1 world it's mainly backwood ones, but i can realize what pain it might be to search for specific setup for different track.
It might be simple string filter so by typing in 'SO6' it'd show only setups with SO6 in name or 3rd tab with only setups for selected track i'm on (sure, this way i'd have to be on some server first for this to work.)

User language reporting via Insim
Since devs paid much attention for lfs to become as multilingual as it is possible, why not give similar aid for insim add-ons developers.
Belive or not, not eveybody understand english...

Possibility to load/save full controlers settings for specified track-car combo
Don't know if it's just me, but i can't race with fixed steering settings... rally needs no turn compensation and steer smoothing, while fbm requires both... and for SO tracks i need even more turn compensation... Yes, sure, i can adjust it every time, but doubt if i can remember that settings for all tracks.

Simpliest way how to do that might be by adding '/savecontrols somefile' command and replacing %car %track (or something similar) in '//' starting commands with proper(currently selected) values, so one can then request execution of '//controls_%car_%track' script and load eariler saved settings...

What you think?
Not bad.. +1 to all 3
+3 to every 1
Agreed, all sounds good
First time in a long while some real improvement suggestions have been made.

For the setup filters, maybe a new tab where you can select via tick-boxes all tracks that setup is good for? Then the filters don't limit setups to one specific layout; I know many people use one setup for several different tracks so this would help out in that respect.

Great suggestions.
Quote from MAGGOT :For the setup filters, maybe a new tab where you can select via tick-boxes all tracks that setup is good for? Then the filters don't limit setups to one specific layout; I know many people use one setup for several different tracks so this would help out in that respect.

Better than that would be to have a drop-down that you could select which tracks you wanted to show setups from (the current track being the only one selected by default). Then, if you had no tracks for, say, SO3R, you could check SO3, and grab a setup from there.
i dont really understand the 2nd one, to the first one: u can sort the sets by name, and u cant tell me that u have 10000s of sets, so i dont see the point in this.
To the third: Why not, not really nessesary(i know its spelled wrong), but can be useful for ppl like you, so +1
All of these ideas are great! I have acutally pondered the idea of having a setup sorter once but was too lazy to post on the count that I was lying down to go to sleep . +1 for all three. Please clear up #2 if you can; I believe you mean like report swearing.
#2 means that user's language is sent over InSim, so that the programmer can use each person's native language to communicate with them. Then again, how many programmers are going to write their program for 72-trillion Asian languages?
Maybe not all the asian languages, but some conversions are trivial, such as English to German (replace all occurences of "the" to "ze") or English to Polish (append "ski" to the end of every word).

I like the first two ideas though, original too.
Oh alright Doug. Thanks for clariflying
Quote from JoRuss :Hi there...

Few things I'd love to see...

Setup filter
I have a lot of setups for one track/car combo, since i'm new to s1 world it's mainly backwood ones, but i can realize what pain it might be to search for specific setup for different track.
It might be simple string filter so by typing in 'SO6' it'd show only setups with SO6 in name or 3rd tab with only setups for selected track i'm on (sure, this way i'd have to be on some server first for this to work.)

+1 for a setup filter.

Quote :User language reporting via Insim
Since devs paid much attention for lfs to become as multilingual as it is possible, why not give similar aid for insim add-ons developers.
Belive or not, not eveybody understand english...

Good idea but could be open to abuse.

Quote :Possibility to load/save full controlers settings for specified track-car combo
Don't know if it's just me, but i can't race with fixed steering settings... rally needs no turn compensation and steer smoothing, while fbm requires both... and for SO tracks i need even more turn compensation... Yes, sure, i can adjust it every time, but doubt if i can remember that settings for all tracks.

It might be possible with some scripting ...
First-Yeah,ive thought on it ,too
Second-Maybe,when the Insim guys make it^^
Third-Yeah,should be okay.
Quote from Waffenaffe :Second-Maybe,when the Insim guys make it^^

I've had planned supporting this in DashForCash if this would have been information I could have received.

[offtopic rant]
Boy I hate this improvement section though... I suggest the setup one (which is a great idea) back in August 07 and get 100's of replies with links to where its already been suggest... Great idea and I hope it becomes available.[/offtopic rant]

All three were great ideas!
Great ideas!

3 new ideas
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG