The online racing simulator
Suggestion:Players DEATH & Injuries.
It would be great to have a switchable option of turning on realistic players injuries after the collision.(turned on in the training) We know how many G we have on players body during collision - we can compare it to the Fia stats on 4 point belt safety stats and report it as "Broken chest" or "players death"....After your death your...have to restart the race.

The Idea - i am using LFS as a sim - to get some scillls in real life (Sometemes I race my Evo8) - and it will be useful not to relax and always remember that mistakes in the coners are not only "funny flying cars".
LOL, give LFS some Blood & Gore The bad thing about your idea is that it needs a lot of work to be realistic. Yo have to make a very detailed driver, and calculate were you hit and what consecuences it has... I think the todo list is big enough, but cool idea
I think it would be enough to take a certain G value as limit, and if you ever cross it that means you're "out of race".

I wouldn't take random "you have hurt this and that" messages, because knowing Scawen that would result in a accurate and highly complex ragdollesque damage calculation... which is actually completely irrelevant to racing.
irrelevant??

hum, want to see you trying to go on after a broken thumb for example after someone made you hit a wall and the steering wheel spinned your thumb with it...

see unofficial crashcar race tips...
would just encourage wreckers, not a good idea
I think it is a good idea because it would encourage safer and more realistic driving... but perhaps not good for demo or public servers, only for private servers and league races and not at the moment as we tend to fly off into space with very little help
Once proper car damage is developed, surely that will deal with the issues of having to drive with more care, I see personal injuries as irrelevant. If you hit a wall, your front wheel breaks off, it doesn't matter if you have a virtual broken leg or not, the race will be over for you.
#8 - ajp71
LOL guessing this was a joke. IRL (and hopefully some day in LFS) it takes a larger smash to injure the driver than it does to force a car into retiring.
Thats a good point Al
Quote from micha1980de :irrelevant??

hum, want to see you trying to go on after a broken thumb for example after someone made you hit a wall and the steering wheel spinned your thumb with it...

see unofficial crashcar race tips...

It is irrelevant if you have broken your thumb, twisted your toe or smashed in your nose. You are "out of race".

What i mean is that it would be a complete waste of CPU power to calculate exactly what happend when the result (race end) is the same.
If the 'injury' just means you have to sit out that race, then whats the point - car damage will do that.

If the 'injury' means you have to sit out, say, a week whilst you recover (or worse, 6 months to a year), then whats the point. People would buy LFS, injure themselves, and never bother to play it ever again.

So, on both counts, I vote a strong and unflinching no.
so then the point is not to beam back to pits and return on racing after instant repair...
-
(Breizh) DELETED by Breizh
functional rollcage
Attached images
flat.jpg
Quote from micha1980de :irrelevant??

hum, want to see you trying to go on after a broken thumb ...

Are you sitting down? It's NOT real! No, honest. It's a PC sim.
Thats why virtual injuries are not relevant. It doesn't really hurt you. I reckon getting the car smashed up is enough when proper damage hampers mechanical stuff, like good old GPL when you damage the suspension or the toe-in, you can really feel it. You can also, if you're lucky, limp back to the pits with one wheel busted off. But your race will be over.
If this was put into the game it'd be a perfect game. I've wanted a racing game that had player damage for years, but no devs ever make it
Err, a no from here too. Car damage - so you're out of the current race is enough...
Quote from tristancliffe :If the 'injury' just means you have to sit out that race, then whats the point - car damage will do that.

If the 'injury' means you have to sit out, say, a week whilst you recover (or worse, 6 months to a year), then whats the point. People would buy LFS, injure themselves, and never bother to play it ever again.

So, on both counts, I vote a strong and unflinching no.

Right now the problem is that car damage does not do that. There are often crashes with insane amounts of G forces involved, yet the car is still drivable because all those forces got absorbed by the invunerable car body. And even if we finally have a more sophisticated damage model, there could still be crash situations where the driver would've been the weak link.

Injury would of course only last for the current race - anything longer would be stupid.
AAAAAAAAARGH! GIMME THAT CHAINSAAW!
No really, it WOULD be a more realistic kind of sim with injuries, but I think at some point we have to see that this whole sim thing is NOT reality.
IMO a more realistic damage model would be enough.

Maybe a simulated walk to the pit might be enough to bully the ones who can't drive :-)

btw: some F1-racers walked away after a crash that caused like 50g or more!
Oh finally, something sensible at last. :|

If we really must, a quick blackout from collisions above 6g or so could be a nice effect.
Visions of a James Bond style, blood flowing down the screen effect.

I think this idea is quite morbid actually, it serves no purpose other than to give those that would find it amusing the chance to say "hehe look, I died from internal bleeding".

Quote from bez_bashni :"After your death...... your have to restart the race"

lol, just to emphasise the dangers of real motorsport.

As has been said, if you get injured in a race then the accident that caused you that injury would have disabled your car to such an extent that, even if you had not been injured, you would be out of the race.
Injuries only have a potential effect on drivers' abilities to start the next race(s), but I'm sure nooone wants to simulate long term injuries and/or permanent death.

Would be funny if your driver was a character that had a potentially dangerous life away from the track whenever you weren't playing.
LFS World: "Your driver has suffered ligament damage caused by a fall whilst playing tennis, you are unable to participate in today's races. Please consult the LFS World physiotherapist."
If you died in LFS you would have to buy a new license. Or you had only one and when you die...

Not sure about how related this is but as someone said earlier about ragdoll effects...When you hit something the driver could "twich" a little, like he/she does in when you turn the wheel...

But no driver damage, I see no point. More car damage
I just think it would be cool if you fly around a bend and hit a tree and you black out.

And then on the LFSW stats page it shows how many times you got a DNA from blacking out =D
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
^ LoL. I addition to that we also need a short 'honk' when we smash the horn with our forehead.
i want to have a puke-button or an auto-puke function, if you spin to much :sick: :drunk:

seriously: death or injury would be fine for me, it would could stop some reckless drivers. maybe as an option, so we can still have silly races illepall
Sorry, but I don't like this idea.... LFS is about racing, not about complex simulation of human body. I admit that some injuries and deaths can occur in races, but why the world we need this in games? What will be next? Racing ban for 4 weeks with message YOU HAVE BROKEN LEG, WAIT FOR RECOVERY? No, I think the best way how to realize "race-KO" is complete damage model of car. Human body can take up to 60G for a short time(0.1 sec). When there'll be a 60G force pressing the car, I am sure it won't be able to continue racing no matter if the driver is dead ir alive....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG