The online racing simulator
lol I don't know about modeled Physical damage, but a couple a weeks ago,
I nailed a wall in game and the wheel jerked my arm just right and threw my left shoulder outta whack for a couple of days IRL. the other day I screwed my finger up because of the wheel spinning. Note these are real life injuries
as the result of playing LFS. (should I consult an attorney about this?)
Nothing serious (well the shoulder hurt pretty good) but enough to whine about when discussing physical damage. I don't see where I need modeled damage when I get the real thing

I dunno if this is ontopic or not, but as far as interior effects from accidents,
what about airbag deployment in the road cars?

I like Bob's idea for blackouts. I played a flight game years ago that did that
when you hit too many Gs in tight turns.
why do we even need a driver? we, sitting at our desks are the drivers.
Quote from Racer Y :lol I don't know about modeled Physical damage, but a couple a weeks ago, I nailed a wall in game and the wheel jerked my arm just right and threw my left shoulder outta whack for a couple of days IRL. the other day I screwed my finger up because of the wheel spinning. Note these are real life injuries as the result of playing LFS.

ROFL how about we have not just FFB but also IFB? If you have a head on a hammer springs out and wacks you on the forehead
Quote from Racer Y :I dunno if this is ontopic or not, but as far as interior effects from accidents,
what about airbag deployment in the road cars?

IRL your not allowed race with a car that has airbags. what happens if you bump someone? airbag goes off.... not a great idea!
I think its good, to happen something with the driver.
BUT, these just simply by the G force. (as I know people die if about 50G effects his body) After that, you couldnt control your car. If you pressed the throttle before the crash, the car will be accelerate after your death ... And so on
Dont need broken, legs, and calculations with the body parts ...

Or, just simply after the crash the driver could be senseless for a gew seconds (for example you can see everything in red), or in really fast curves, with the V8, FOX and GTRs, the driver could loose his perspective (the picture's border could be blurred)
And of course i think not the same driving with 50km/h as making an oval race with 300km/h. There could be few effects, to feel that, the driver is just a human
Quote from Racer Y :I like Bob's idea for blackouts. I played a flight game years ago that did that
when you hit too many Gs in tight turns.

That reminds me of some WWII game (russian v germany, forget it's name) where you get black out and red out, but also if your plane is on fire and you don't eject or dive to put it out in time you burn to death. That should be added =D
Quote from Clownpaint :As I said earlier I think some Ragdoll Physics wouldn't do any harm provided the driver is strapped in by belts etc. and doesn't come flying out of the screen like in the game Flatout.

wouldn't do any harm? do you have any idea how complex ragdoll physics are?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That reminds me of some WWII game (russian v germany, forget it's name) where you get black out and red out, but also if your plane is on fire and you don't eject or dive to put it out in time you burn to death. That should be added =D

IL 2 ...

My suggestions is based on this game
yeah a few flight sims emulate blackouts and redouts quite cool really because in sims we obviosly go alot futher over the line than we would in real life I often think an adrenalin meter would be good LOL it would be telling you "you stupid fool in RL you'd be shittin your pants right about now"
Quote from Clownpaint :As I said earlier I think some Ragdoll Physics wouldn't do any harm provided the driver is strapped in by belts etc. and doesn't come flying out of the screen like in the game Flatout.

I agree like if u hit the wall or something the driver wouldnt move as he/she is strapped in but arms / legs would as they are not straped in so would b good
for example if hit wall side on hard enugh on oval for example the drivers outside hands lets go of wheel for a second or two and maybe u wuldnt hav as much control of car as normal or summit
This tho wuld take alot of work for the devs i fear
Sound idea tho
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That reminds me of some WWII game (russian v germany, forget it's name) where you get black out and red out, but also if your plane is on fire and you don't eject or dive to put it out in time you burn to death. That should be added =D

F14 Tomcat did this too... god, this game is really old, from times when Soundblaster was really new
Most flight sims do that ^^. I even blackout in Microsoft Flight Simulator, though it's when I'm using a military aircraft. I don't think I can pull enough G's in th Cessna.
I vote no for this and also this could cause problems with age restrictions depending on how it worked.

Keiran
Quote from der butz :AAAAAAAAARGH! GIMME THAT CHAINSAAW!
No really, it WOULD be a more realistic kind of sim with injuries, but I think at some point we have to see that this whole sim thing is NOT reality.
IMO a more realistic damage model would be enough.

Maybe a simulated walk to the pit might be enough to bully the ones who can't drive :-)

btw: some F1-racers walked away after a crash that caused like 50g or more!

walk to the pit or something.. Sounds a wonderful idea
NO BLACKOUTS.Just death.
In fact i think that LFS is more than the game - i'm sure its setups and lap records will be sold to VAG or Mitsubishi finally for good money. I used autocross editor to emulate real rallisprint tracks - it works and significantly helps to prepare to real race. If the injuruy simulation together with more realistic damge will be done it is possible new concept of rollcages or other car safety will be found. BUT at a current stage i only wanted a simplified drivers death emulator based on g calculation at the drivers position - to train correct instincts. Now it is not important if you hit tires or brick wall-the result is damaged but usually drivable car. But in a reality if you'll hit a wall above 60 km/h in golf style car you are in 90% dead. I think it will be good for children ,who are not drivers yet ,but start playing LFS ,to clearly understand it. And for us, who drivereal cars, to have instinct if we are off the track to save our virual life. BTW - the death stats can help track architectors -if u're planning to bild a real track($$$$$$$$$ projects) u can make its model in lfs and see the most dangerous places...Anyway it can be easylly done -just one line in the code- smth like if ( G_DRIVER>GMAX) message "U are dead".A short info message will be enough. Even without any effects and gameplay action.
I was thinking about this too.
No.

Pointlessly difficult to implement (esp. ragdoll physics) and I reckon the novelty and initial coolness of being able to kill your driver would wear off very quickly - and this is assuming the OP was serious to begin with

I'll say "nuh" to pretty much anything that doesn't directly improve gameplay. Just because something may be possible in the realm of gaming it doesn't mean it's good for the game. I guess I'm old fashioned when it comes to racing games - just make the racing fun, the physics dynamic and everything else is secondary! No unnecessary coding - it just makes the download bigger

Ragdoll physics are best employed in shooting games - who hasn't laughed with maniacal glee as they've blown a hapless Max Payne 2 enemy (or innocent bystander) into the air with a grenade and then pinned his flapping corpse to the wall with an assault rifle? Muaahaha!
Who want ragdolls?
Just a simple G meter. 50G, heavy injury, 75 death ...

I think a primitive G meter az already in the game
Xpand Rally has this, If you hit something hard enough, you can break your legs or arms or other body parts, or knock your driver out, or totally kill him.

I don't like it because it takes the fun out of totally trashing your car.
Quote from Roadie :Xpand Rally has this, If you hit something hard enough, you can break your legs or arms or other body parts, or knock your driver out, or totally kill him.

I don't like it because it takes the fun out of totally trashing your car.

Really? Damn, how did I not know about this. I so have to get that game now :P
Quote from Hankstar :blah blah blah talk talk talk... Max Payne 2... blah blah blah talk talk talk

BULLET TIME!!!

Press a button on your wheel as you dive for the inside line and watch as the time on the server slows down (for everyone else too), allowing you to perfect the pass and have enough time to glance at your opponent and make rude gestures.

Would be bizarre for the other drivers (especially those in a tricky part of the lap), but they can extract their revenge by using their bullet time. Everyone has 3 seconds of bullet time per lap. Sorted. Boyakasha (or however you spell that chavvy word).
Sorry if I was boring you TC

Blah
H
This can be taken into a whole new level. You know, sometimes on some servers you see some drivers (like me today, for example) with horrible driving that makes you sh*t in your pants. Well, you get the idea...

4:40AM, probably better to go sleeping before "they" put a straitjacket on me. Again...

I still can't find a good reason to have death/dying/body damage in LFS. Only thing that comes to my mind is that wreckers would probably get called murderes too...
How about we just leave the game as it is and for those that want a more realistic driver damage experience, you can just jump out the window of your 2nd story bedroom after you crash or just get your dog pissed off and attack you?
Quote from bez_bashni :In fact i think that LFS is more than the game - i'm sure its setups and lap records will be sold to VAG or Mitsubishi finally for good money. I used autocross editor to emulate real rallisprint tracks - it works and significantly helps to prepare to real race. If the injuruy simulation together with more realistic damge will be done it is possible new concept of rollcages or other car safety will be found. BUT at a current stage i only wanted a simplified drivers death emulator based on g calculation at the drivers position - to train correct instincts. Now it is not important if you hit tires or brick wall-the result is damaged but usually drivable car. But in a reality if you'll hit a wall above 60 km/h in golf style car you are in 90% dead. I think it will be good for children ,who are not drivers yet ,but start playing LFS ,to clearly understand it. And for us, who drivereal cars, to have instinct if we are off the track to save our virual life. BTW - the death stats can help track architectors -if u're planning to bild a real track($$$$$$$$$ projects) u can make its model in lfs and see the most dangerous places...Anyway it can be easylly done -just one line in the code- smth like if ( G_DRIVER>GMAX) message "U are dead".A short info message will be enough. Even without any effects and gameplay action.

This is actually a good idea.. I was going to post a HUGE NO to this thread, but then, your post kinda makes sense..
If you can "die" in other types of games, why not here... It would bring even more adrenaline to the game(there is plenty of it now).. I feel really scared when i drive on the limit in LFS, and RBR.. BUT that's good, that's how you feel in real life.. It's all about adrenalin, and testing your limits..
It would scare the shi$ out of people, but it would teach you what could happen in real life..
I don't consider LFS your ordinary game.. i like the idea, of more real the better.. So, like, no ESC to the pits, your car stay rolled on the track, for example..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG