My current specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5B, socket 775 ATX 965X DDR2 GLAN SATA
Processor: Intel Core Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz
RAM: Corsair 2048 MB
GFX: Sapphire ATI X1950XT, 256MB
HDD: WD 250GB
Cooler: Coolermaster Cenurion 5 Tower case & Zalman CNPS7700

Budget: 600 euro's

is it usefull to upgrade this? or will it just be a waste of money?
I hope someone can help me out...

-Bose
#2 - Jakg
What's wrong with what you already have?
well, i want 2(3) screens(maybe), do i need some upgrades then?
#4 - Jakg
Will you be using SoftTH or TH2Go for 3 screens?

If the former (SoftTH) then you'd need an extra second GFX card (a cheapy crappy one).

TBH your better off upgrading to more screens and then upgrading your actual PC if required.
allright, is the budget enough for 2 more screens and a crappy gfx card?

i already have 1 19'' screen
the war between nvidia and amd(ati) hasnt settled down yet, so better prices and better hardware will continue for a bit more before settling down.
nvidia just announced they'll be releasing the 9800GTx+ 55nm cards soon for around 220 and those'll probably drop in price.

I dont know how expensive stuff is in the NL, but you should be able to get 2 19inch monitors and have enough left over for a better videocard than the one you currently have. or maybe crossfire? i dunno if ur mobo has 2 pcie 16x slots.
I agree with jack. Try and see how well it runs with 2 extra screens and a card. I've seen some pictures from LFS, and your quality looks nice, but if your not happy with the FPS then it might be worth updating the CPU.
GET A CORE 2 QUAD
What do you know of PC's mogey?

Anyways, i'll search around for some more info.

So.. crossfire, is it good?
600 euro's?

Your starting from scratch or are you going to update this one?
"upgrading current system"...

@ bose, i have no experience with crossfire, but i do with ATi...they suck. Really, if you want good graphics power for less money, then go with nvidia on SLi.
#12 - Jakg
Crossfire is a hell of a lot better than SLi, and ATi are good except for driver support.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :"upgrading current system"...

@ bose, i have no experience with crossfire, but i do with ATi...they suck. Really, if you want good graphics power for less money, then go with nvidia on SLi.

Less money? I'm sorry but the nvidia series are a bit expensiver than the Ati series.
#14 - Jakg
Price (on it's own) means nothing - just because nVidia sell a GFX card for £400 and the top-end ATi one is £200 means nothing...

ATM, nVidia are behind as the new 4850 card can be had for £125-ish and is considerable faster than the 8800GT. As always, though, expect nVidia to come back with something and vice versa (a 9800GTX for £125-ish is rumoured).
So the Crossfire is better?
#16 - Jakg
Crossfire is better than SLi, but i'd still prefer a single-card solution where possible.
so, wich stuff should i buy? (matching my budget, max is 700)
#18 - Jakg
I will help you upgrade a PC to suit your PC. I will not help you blow 700€ simply because you have the money.
cool, im glad to hear that
i still prefer mycom
Quote from Bose321 :i still prefer mycom

Dont, It's alot expensiver than other shops.

Voor €700 koop je niet alleen goedkopere spullen bij alternate of komplett maar ook misschien meer. Owjah, Mycom heeft ook mindere onderdelen op voorraad.

E: also they only have 3 brand's of gfx cards there.

www.mycom.nl
There are only 2 brands of graphics cards that are even feasible to buy (ATI and nVidia), and Matrox is shit and so overpriced even Bill Gates would crap himself if he saw the price.
No, I mean like Asus, XFX MSI etc.

Oh, Matrox isnt shit
but i think i should go for ATI?

Upgrading current system
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG