The online racing simulator
Epic bug this is awsome
(46 posts, started )
Epic bug this is awsome
i was just on ws.c aston cruise when something epic happened. I was getting some admins to ram me. Then i decided to change my name and the damage on the car started changing. The more i changed my name the more deformed the car became. look at the replay sry for the length but it is a funny bug. Scawen i blame you :P
jokes
Just i was doing it again and i went into the pits and it flew off. Then it started saying finished refueling tons of times and then it said this SIZE : OVERFLOW - WS.T • Luke
No one else on the server has ever seen it before
http://www.mediafire.com/?mve1f9hdo2g

It works with ufr too so may be all cars
yes i was there lol that was funny.
I wish i could of done it
But it is soo funny well worth the replay length
haha worth watching gonna try this out soon :P
Yeah i think it's just a tiny bug with the physics.
Houston, we have a problem. Transformers invaded.

at about 59:00 mins
(on work PC)

You should have mentioned you were using an extreme 'wheelie' setup where the suspension is at unusual etxremes to begin with.
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000005.jpg
lfs_00000006.jpg
lfs_00000007.jpg
lfs_00000008.jpg
lfs_00000009.jpg
:jawdrop:
JasonJ : lol good
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from JasonJ : Houston, we have a problem. Transformers invaded.

at about 59:00 mins
(on work PC)

You should have mentioned you were using an extreme 'wheelie' setup where the suspension is at unusual etxremes to begin with.

I tried again on single player with an fxo and hard track and the same thing happened. It seems to be worst with the xrt. It was epic though.
incredibly strong on the single seaters, heres how to reproduce it:

Get in a car
Damage the BODYWORK of the car.
Change drivers (not the name, create a new driver and change to it)

Everytime you change the driver, the damage you did on the bodywork gets worse. And the more damage there was in the beggining, the more radical the change is gonna be!
Shots:
I caved in the front (white skin to show off damage more easily than my black/yellow team skin)
1st shot is with the front damaged by a colission with a wall.
2nd is after the first driver change.
Then another series after, I damaged the front AND the rear (by backing up into a wall)

Then yet another small series, where I just caved in the BACK - you can see the nose "shortening", too.

Seems like on driver change, the bodywork damage values arent being correctly passed - seem like to be incrementing somewhere (from the looks of it, seems like theres a parameter i that is multiplyed by deformation to give the AMOUNT of deformation. That i is not being reset, and seems to bee adding to itself on each driver change.
Hopefully its just a matter of something like this:

this.deformationModifier += deformationModifier;
rather than this:
this.deformationModifier = deformationModifier;

In the constructor for the new driver
Quite a easy to make and common mistake
Attached images
first.jpg
second.jpg
rear.jpg
rear1.jpg
rear2.jpg
rear3.jpg
before.jpg
after1.jpg
after2.jpg
after3.jpg
after4.jpg
after5.jpg
rofl nice bug

edit: lol @ the screenshot
Attached images
bug1.jpg
Simply ... damage the car, create another player and choose it OR choose another player already created and the damage will be bigger.

So do it again and again...
huh? doesnt work for me as i talked to luke yesterday i can't reproduce this one online. going to try it offline now :=)
can't reproduce it offline aswell I WANT TO HAVE THIS BUG ^^
Quote from Flame CZE :rofl nice bug

edit: lol @ the screenshot

That looks more like an overheating graphics card than a game bug. Artifacting like that is usually a sign of gfx card issues.
Hmm, could it be that the damage storage is internally encoded/encrypted with the current player as key, and if you change the player then you suddenly get weird results because the key for the damage encoding is wrong
Quote from Dajmin :That looks more like an overheating graphics card than a game bug. Artifacting like that is usually a sign of gfx card issues.

except it isnt... i got similar results with this bugs... as far as bugs go this one is the funniest ive seen in lfs yet
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
was also able to reproduce that.
That can keep me amused for hours!
The funniest examples from what I tried are the MRT and the LX6
CLICKY

I was doing this on CLC with about 8 other people. Was hilarious!
Quote from Dajmin :That looks more like an overheating graphics card than a game bug. Artifacting like that is usually a sign of gfx card issues.

It was like that on every ones screen.
I tried doing it on [TC] but they kicked me.
Quote from mcgas001 :[OT] I thought Moo was dead? [OT]

It is, but i still wear the tag. Its what everyone i play with knows me as now.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :It is, but i still wear the tag. Its what everyone i play with knows me as now.

aah OK.

BTW, this bug really sucks.
Attached images
bug.PNG

Epic bug this is awsome
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG