The online racing simulator
define reset area on autocross pad: abuse lottery system?
ok here is a question and i am not sure if its possible:

on the Autocross Arena: define some areas on which a car is allowed to do a reset (space-bar). if someone does not reset his car in that areas, a message is displayed: car reset out of allowed area.

i think this could be handled like the lottery ticket system but i am not sure if "car reset information" is sent through insim.

what do you think guys? and one more thing: who is willing to make that tool for me if its not a big thing? maybe someone can implement this into lfslapper?
When someone resets their car, a CRS packet is sent.

struct IS_CRS // Car ReSet
{
byte Size; // 4
byte Type; // ISP_CRS
byte ReqI; // 0
byte PLID; // player's unique id
};

AFAIK though, there's no way to stop someone resetting, it just tells you when they do
It would be nice if you could though.
yea i mean its okay if you cannot force them "not" to reset but at least an admin can get a message: car reset not in reseting area
Thats only possible if the csr package sends coordiantes with it iirc, so the insim can check teh coordinates, sometinhg like: IF CSR not in X xxx Y xxx then send "A Car reset in a area wich isnt meant for"
#6 - nikka
Quote from Stefani24 :Thats only possible if the csr package sends coordiantes with it iirc, so the insim can check teh coordinates, sometinhg like: IF CSR not in X xxx Y xxx then send "A Car reset in a area wich isnt meant for"

Just use the coordinates from MCI packets to check if the PLID is in a aproved area when a CSR is recieved. If he's not, you can just kick, ban or spectate him or whatever you desire.
well, now you just need someone who translates that into a program *g* or even into lfs-lapper

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG