The online racing simulator
Starting a server that can?
(12 posts, started )
Ok so im thinking about starting a server , but ONLY for steering wheels with clutch and manual gear box.

So my question is how do i keep those out that do not have the right equipment if this is possible?

Also where would be the best place to rent a server from. (cheap and good surport) thank's

Thank's

S20LEN
You'd need to get a server, which you can either run yourself if you have a good connection, or a server that you have access to. Or, you could rent one from a server provider, 500servers.com and storm-servers are two good ones, so i've heard.

You would then need to talk to them about running LFSLapper, as this would probably be the easiest way.

I know that LFSLapper can detect this & can output this into the public chat history, so I should imagine that it would be able to restrict such thing.

Only trouble is - you cannot tell the difference between a wheel & a gamepad.... as they are both "controllers" and that is the way that they are publically known.

However you can detect if they're using manual clutch & blip, and what gearing type that they are using.

If LFS Lapper does not permit this kind of usage, then I could create a small insim application that would do this for you.

Let me know either way .

Hope this helped!
- Mark
i dont think lapper does. I use it on my servers and theres no option for that. Mark could you please release a program that would do that?
Yes please if you can make a program to do what i want i would be very happy as i am going to get a server in a week.

Thank's

S20LEN
I'll see what I can throw together.

Gotta fit time in with work, and working on LTC, but, I'm sure I can find some time!
I would recommend storm-servers.net fully. And it isn't just because it is my team. It is only £5pm and is a 47 slot server! The ease of use and speed of setup is amazing too!
In my opinion, 500 servers provide an amazing package but the price is very high.
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis
Quote from shaun463 :I would recommend storm-servers.net fully. And it isn't just because it is my team. It is only £5pm and is a 47 slot server! The ease of use and speed of setup is amazing too!
In my opinion, 500 servers provide an amazing package but the price is very high.

So if i get it from where you recomended £5pm for 47 slots could i make 2 servers out of that for the same price?
Quote from Krammeh :I'll see what I can throw together.

Gotta fit time in with work, and working on LTC, but, I'm sure I can find some time!

Hi i now have my server up and running (PRO Racers) and wondered if you could make that program for me please.

If you do make it and it works let me know if you want anything for doing it and we will sort something out.

Thank's

S20LEN
Quote from S20LEN :Hi i now have my server up and running (PRO Racers) and wondered if you could make that program for me please.

If you do make it and it works let me know if you want anything for doing it and we will sort something out.

Thank's

S20LEN

Okay mate, I will work on it over the weekend. PM me or something to remind me
Mouse also can be detected as wheeeeeeel, if you select mouse axis for steering...
yes but i want it to detect manual gear box and clutch

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG