The online racing simulator
Please show your Big LFS Monitor!
(110 posts, started )
Quote from dougie-lampkin :My graphics card doesn't have HDMI out, but luckily my TV is only 19", so VGA is fine

If it has DVI you can go DVI-->HDMI..

I don't know if you can go VGA-->HDMI.. i've never tried but it may work.. You can go VGA-->DVI and you can go DVI-->HDMI
But using a HDMI converter won't make it any better resolution, which is the problem
Do you need higher resolution than 1920x1080 while playing on a TV?
Quote from Electrik Kar :Hoooo.. You're doing better than this guy

lol, funny vid, but its kind of pointless.. the reason I have 4 xbox's is because you need one per screen for Forza 2... I have none in my bathroom or in my car
Quote from wtf im nameless :lol, funny vid, but its kind of pointless.. the reason I have 4 xbox's is because you need one per screen for Forza 2... I have none in my bathroom or in my car

So it doesn't come with a cake?
Anyways, how much fps do you get on your 1080p DLP and what are your pc specs? I've been wondering a bit because I'm thinking it will take a lot to run at that high of a resolution.
Quote from Scatter :So it doesn't come with a cake?
Anyways, how much fps do you get on your 1080p DLP and what are your pc specs? I've been wondering a bit because I'm thinking it will take a lot to run at that high of a resolution.

I can't give you an exact FPS because honestly I usually play on my triple screen setup now that it's almost done. The media center PC is:

P4 - 3.4GHZ
1GB ram
7800GT
Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

I havent played with a full grid but on hot lapping it runs very smooth.. I'll see if I can find out tomorrow.

Once I upgrade my main PC (the one used in the youtube video) then I can take those parts and upgrade the media center, then it will run smooth as butter.
Just got a new 22" today, it isnt massive but its big enough. Also very impressed with these newish LG TFTs, the colours don't noticeably change until at extreme angles and even then they are still good.

Sorry for the quality of the pic, took it on a phone...so.

Also I have...logitech speakers, headset, wheel and mouse....if they made screens I would have probably got one of them too!
Attached images
IMG_0004.jpg
Bought a G25 and a Samsung 2253LW 21,6'' monitor today.
Attached images
Wheel.jpg
Monitor.jpg
cool, my dad has the same display over at his office. Finally got less bored to take a pic of my desktop sorry its a bit messyand yeah to lazy to take out my digital camera so camera phone pic it is

EDIT: crap forgot to tell the sizes lol. It's a 22"+17" on extended mode
Attached images
DSC00085.JPG
Quote from wtf im nameless :I play on 3 setups.. got picks of two of them right now.

Triple 22 inch screens with car interior. Work in progress.

and on a 71 inch 1080p DLP:

Your nick should be wtf i have great cockpit.
WoHoooo!
Quote from Mrwei :I wanna see your Big monitor,

Biger better!!

Pic Please!

do you really wanna see.
Attached images
image42.png
Nothing special but gets the job done.... Monitor is 22 inch Samsung 223BW

Not as 1337 as most of the monitors,just a 17 icnch LG Flatron but,i have 2 mouses,while you have 1,i bet your having fun with your 1 mouse,but i am having more fun with my 2 mouses
Lol
Attached images
SP_A1783.jpg
SP_A1784.jpg
I have a 19" widescreen TFT and 17" CRT.

Apparently my phone's camera doesn't like CRT monitors, IRL the colors are matching almost perfectly on the two screens.

Dunno about big, but these are mine. 20" LCD (not wide, wanted a "normal" one) with 19" CRT.

Woohoo, finally have a pic of my setup (possibly because I have a PC I'm not highly embarrassed to show!). 19" Widescreen LCD TV for gaming, movies and TV. 17" CRT for normal computer usage, and for my telemetry stuffs while playing LFS. They're the same screen height which is really handy

Unfortunatly dual screen LFS won't work, because the LCD has a max resolution of 1024*768 (don't laugh!) and I use the CRT at 1152*864. I _could_ lower the CRT res, but then it hurts my eyes

(Excuse the highly unorganised worspace, it's one of two desks where everything not in use gets dumped :shrug
Attached images
27082008072.jpg
why does everone have uber nice cases
#74 - Jakg
Because cheap-ass cases suck.

OT - Saw the Cosmos case irl at work the other day. My god that thing is beautiful - if only I had a "surplus" £150

EDIT - And the Thermaltake Soprano looks like a shiny copy of the Coolermaster Wavemaster
The Cosmos looks like a toaster Linky From that angle it even looks like our deep fat frier. /me goes to fetch a pic

The Soprano does look like a Wavemaster, but it is damn sexy It's also the EXACT size of my 9800GTX. I mean exact. I had to remove the tabs for the PCI cards to fit it in, and even now it's up against the HDD cages. And the tabs for holding in the HDDs suck ass. I have one left out of 10 that came with it. The rest all snapped when I tried screwing them in, and now I have two damn ugly screws holding in the second HDD

Playa, there's no point getting a cheap ass €20 super saver case to put €1000 worth of hardware in. You wouldn't keep a brand new Ferrari in a cardboard box, would you

Please show your Big LFS Monitor!
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG