The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustafur :But the same thing happened to coulthard and everyone blamed him for beging a noob but when Mr world champion does it, its a different story.

No they call Coulthard a noob because he is a noob.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think it's ridiculous to blame Kimi for that crash.

who else would be to blame then? the car was obviously running just fine before and after
Quote from Shotglass :who else would be to blame then? the car was obviously running just fine before and after

Sometimes there is nobody to blame, sometimes motorsport comes down to luck, and Sutil's just ran out.
Quote from Shotglass :who else would be to blame then? the car was obviously running just fine before and after

I think he will blame the track(even though the track is what you race on, and can never be at fualt).
Sense has prevailed, and Kimi has no penalty.

Sutil has been warned about his safety car actions.
Quote from Mustafur :But the same thing happened to coulthard and everyone blamed him for beging a noob but when Mr world champion does it, its a different story.

Coulthard did it on a dry track with fresh quali boots on, Kimi did it on a dry-ing track after a safety car period, bit different. And Kimi managed to keep it out of the wall too. I've always liked Coulthard but judging by his season so far it's one season too many.

Quote from Mustafur :It was Kimis fualt as if it wasn't it would of happened to alot of drivers but it didn't.

They were going off everywhere else, or did you only see one lap of the race?
What's with the debris this year? The slightest knock seems to send shards of carbon fibre all over the place, almost looks like polystyrene the way it blows around.

Has there been a change in this design?
Quote from petercollins :What's with the debris this year? The slightest knock seems to send shards of carbon fibre all over the place, almost looks like polystyrene the way it blows around.

Has there been a change in this design?

Thats what carbon fibre does, infact Hamilton had a puncture from the debris and they say he was lucky to win the race. Very unlucky for Sutil, but you can't blame Kimi, he did his best to save it and apologised to Sutil afterwards. Great drives by Kubica and Rosberg, but Hamiltons recovery after hitting the wall, and the teams brilliant strategy just stole the show. I have a feeling that this race is the turning point for the season.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I have a feeling that this race is the turning point for the season.

I have a feeling it will be remembered as a fluke result on a novelty circuit in the wet, and once we get back to proper racing circuits the Ferraris will resume their dominance and forget it ever happened.
This was a pretty boring race, even in the rain. It was more like a flip of a coin than a race that needs skill to win. Everything seemed to come down to luck with the weather and when you switched tyres.
Rappa Z hates racing, everybody.
Quote from Rappa Z :This was a pretty boring race, even in the rain. It was more like a flip of a coin than a race that needs skill to win. Everything seemed to come down to luck with the weather and when you switched tyres.

Yeh I mean unpredictable races, that level the play field a bit and allow the drivers from so called lesser teams prove their true talent, are so boring compared to races like Spain, where the best cars win and nobody overtakes.
That Sutil crash sure it was Kimi's fault but it could have been alot worse if he hadnt have brought it back under control, for all you know if he hadnt of kept it under control he may have slid through the chicane into Hamilton or anyone else ahead of him, then what would have happened?
Hamilton was enough ahead. After watching it though, sure it's too bad that Sutil got hit, but realistically it was unavoidable.
Vote 1 to ban James Allen.
1 x 100000000000 times
we need to start a petition to get him out before the end of the season.

Vote NO to Bias commentry!
I hate how people compare or talk about Hammilton like Senna, its really annoying, especially from James Allen. All i heard him talk about was Lewis and Senna.

And his quotes to talk about the conditions.

James: "Its very hard out there. It looks like the drivers gave their cars to their grandmas."

?? What a nut. The race was good, but he kills it!
Quote from thisnameistaken :I have a feeling it will be remembered as a fluke result on a novelty circuit in the wet, and once we get back to proper racing circuits the Ferraris will resume their dominance and forget it ever happened.

My thoughts exactly
Yeah well Hamilton _did_ model his helmet after Senna so it's natural to constantly praise him for being as good as Senna was......despite him being a prick....and nowhere near the man or driver that Senna was.....

The Hamilton bit:

- Here's a link to the official FIA Lap charts (PDF) and as you can see, Hamilton started third, gained one position thanks to Raikkonen's poor start, went as low as 5th after his solo into the wall accident and subsequent pit in and each position he gained thereafter was due to the car in front pitting in.

How exactly is that Senna-esque?!

- I acknowledge that he's a particularly competent driver, especially so given his relative lack of experience but there are plenty of other drivers who, if given his car, would be doing just as well.

Random thoughts:
- Mark Webber is 4th in the championship on his own with 15 points.
- That really says something about both DC (time to retire methinks).
- That REALLY says something about the factory Renault car/driver packages.
- Yes DC lost it stupidly but in his defence, there was no way in hell he (or anyone else) could have recovered it once the rear broke away at that point of the track at that speed in those conditions.
- It looks like Sutil may have picked up three places under a full course yellow.
- The only way Webber will ever win a GP is if he races for one of the big three. F1 rules governing engine and gearbox replacement are leading to an (intended) increase in reliability and with the kind of dollars the big three have to throw at their "second" drivers it means you're just not likely to see a win from one of the midfield teams. There's always going to be a Mclaren, Ferrari or BMW finishing and they're always going to be faster than Red Bull Renault.
- F1 cars are just too fast and the tracks they race on just aren't designed in a way to promote interesting racing.
- Either the cars or the tracks need to change dramatically if we want to see interesting racing.
- F1 management couldn't give a rats arse' about interesting racing.
- I would happily stab James Allen in the face with a plastic fork (or indeed any piece of cutlery) given half a chance.

Controversy:
- As soon as Kimi locked up, the best he could hope for was to rear end Sutil (cars are a lot softer than the armco).
- Say what you will about him, Kimi _does_ have very good car control and he's known for having a very analytical mind.
- He certainly did a good job keeping that thing straight....

Make of the above what you will and I don't really blame him in the slightest as any professional driver in his position would have been aiming to reduce damage and keep his own car in the race but as far as I'm concerned, Kimi _was_ targetting the back of Sutil's car....
I think he was just avoiding the 2 other possible outcomes, one of which was spinning sideways into the end of that very nasty wall, or dissapearing up the escape road and maybe not being able to rejoin. The best option was to aim for Sutil and hope he got round the turn before he got hit.
I am so happy for Webber. Shame on the other hand for Coulthard. First the Qualy incident, then the penalty and the last blow was the crash on lap 8.

[F1] Monaco GP 2008 *SPOILERS*
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG