The online racing simulator
silencing the DFP
(12 posts, started )
silencing the DFP
is there anyway to make the DFP quieter becuase i love my DFP except for the fact the wheel is so loud! anyone know how to fix this?
Make a sound proof box, put the wheel inside, seal it up, after taking the wheel off and extending the little bit of shaft it was attached to, cut a whole in the box where the axel/shaft is and stick (with super glue) the wheel back on.

Don't try this at home! LOL
Dunno, i've tried covering the internal gears in lots of grease, but that didnt silence it too well..

I've heard something about using graphite grease for the gears, but I never tried.
#4 - Dru
Quote from darkinertia :is there anyway to make the DFP quieter becuase i love my DFP except for the fact the wheel is so loud! anyone know how to fix this?

Invest in a more epensive, better built (and quiter) G25

or

Turn up your speakers

I would not bother with opening up the wheel to try and scilence it - all you will do is invalidate your warrenty if or when it goes wrong due too too much LFS
#5 - DrDNA
Digging this up a bit, but I've found that folding a couple of heavy sweatshirts/hoodies over the main casing can really help to dampen a lot of the gear noise. You can still hear it, of course, but the difference is very noticeable, especially since the sound is no longer reverberating around the room to the same extent. I'm not sure how much the unit relies on ventilation to keep the internals cool, but I thought I'd mention the possibility of overheating to cover my ass .
Operate in vacuum. Foolproof.
The DFGT is supposed to be a lot quiter than the DFP, but the Wingman drivers don't fully support the DFGT yet. So it's either quiet (With lack of controls until a driver update) or the trick you did with your DFP.
Wear headphones.
Quote from Bob Smith :Operate in vacuum. Foolproof.

Buying DFP - 100$
Investing wool to absorb noise - 20$
Duct Tape - 5$

Getting this answer - Priceless!
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Wear headphones.

I share a bedroom wall with the neighbours, otherwise I wouldn't care less.
#11 - MR_B
Quote from DrDNA :I share a bedroom wall with the neighbours, otherwise I wouldn't care less.

For me that isn't a problem. But that depends on what your walls are made out of
Good old 100+ year old brick for me!
#12 - robt
you back hoem then mr_b?

silencing the DFP
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG