The online racing simulator
How about a MRT week (or two) on the Single Seater 1 server prior to the Cup?
oh yes..great idea if you guys from CTRA make that happen it would be AWESOME !!!
cheers
#103 - Dru
someone else could always just run a server running the combo, after all, it would not really be fair to those not entered to take away their FBM server would it know

I'm sure Sam has got hatfuls of servers to use but if he hasn't we at Concept can always host something in the weeks leading up to the league???
I am also willing to give my server computer for the good cause. I have 100mbps internet connection.
Quote from Dru :

I'm sure Sam has got hatfuls of servers to use but if he hasn't we at Concept can always host something in the weeks leading up to the league???

Oh yeah, he sure does
  • UKCT Canadia
  • UKCT..ORC..Hot Rods
  • UKCT BUMPERZ
  • UKCT eTM Practice
+ All the 'License earning' servers
#106 - Dru
Quote from JO53PHS :Oh yeah, he sure does
  • UKCT Canadia
  • UKCT..ORC..Hot Rods
  • UKCT BUMPERZ
  • UKCT eTM Practice
+ All the 'License earning' servers

No those are UKCT servers which are owned and paid for UKCT people, not neccesarily CTRA.

Also, as the post says, there is no point removing a points scoring server to make practice for a few of the 20K CTRA users to use for an up and coming league

Quote from Dru :No those are UKCT servers which are owned and paid for UKCT people, not neccesarily CTRA.

Do I look like I really care? As far as I'm concerned, CTRA = UKCT.

May I take this opportunity to thoroughly re-enforce that equals sign
lol ctra isnt ukct ctra is something run by ukct, they are different and the same (lol i know it sounds wierd but its true)
UKCT and CTRA are very definitely different organisations historically, although the lines are more blurred these days. However there really is no shortage of servers. CTRA servers are not rented game hosts like many other LFS servers, UKCT have their own box in a datacentre so firing up a new server is as easy as writing a config file.

In fact at one point the X-System could fire up additional servers from an admin control panel and even sort out track rotations and licencing rules and stuff, but a bit of code I never fixed stops it from working -i've no idea if Sam's sorted that since the hand over.
Am I right in saying CTRA is a 'subsection' of UKCT, run by LFS nerds?
yes and no, the ctra is run mainly by certain ukct members, but its not really a subsection
Ok then, Is it a part of UKCT run by UKCT people that by pure coincidence happen to like LFS?
It was and is a seperate organisation, funded by UKCT, that currently all the visible staff of which are members of UKCT.

To my knowledge throughout the history of the CTRA and it's predecessor the race stewards are not all UKCT members. All however have real world race marshalling, clerking or race experience, or are veteran sim racers - but remain friends of the UKCT community.
Joe, put the fail spade away
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001
Quote from J@tko :Joe, put the fail spade away

Lol

I don't know why I bother asking questions like I have up there ^

I usually end up either being wrong and failing or getting totally pwned by tristan
^ Same thing really

I have a question

Who IS the head honcho of the CTRA?
Sam is now the project leader.
It's a great news!!!
do0f and Sam are in charge.

"We" have more than enough power to make servers for every car there is - there just aren't enough racers to fill them.
Some kind of CTRA advertisement campaign wouldn't hurt.

PS. CTRA will have one car "under it's wings" in S2 Voucher Competition. Free-of-charge. I'll pay the sponsor fee (Meaning: I'll have to pay more from my own pouch to buy the voucher).
#121 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :do0f and Sam are in charge.

"We" have more than enough power to make servers for every car there is - there just aren't enough racers to fill them.

put your girlfriend down for a minute then Jack and get back out on the track then
lol dru very true

(im a poet and didnt know it)
I have a huge feeling I'm going to somehow miss sign ups!

BTW, do you need help for the website development? I could help out, free and nothing in return. Maybe a sealed spot in the league me thinks! If not, still like to help, to speed up the process..

just take it easy ,

i have got my exams starting next week , so starting the event over 3 weeks fids fine here

but if you start before i will need to make some choose
When is this challenge started

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG