The online racing simulator
yup, I know a few players, fully sponsored, and the sponsors for a gaming event are fine with that.
The fact that the (likely automated) system accepted his bogus name doesn't mean that he gets to bypass the rule.

It's a thing of principle. If you give one person a special exemption for one rule, you open yourself to an avalanche.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The fact that the (likely automated) system accepted his bogus name doesn't mean that he gets to bypass the rule.

It's a thing of principle. If you give one person a special exemption for one rule, you open yourself to an avalanche.

it wasn't automated!
#29 - SamH
If we let this slide, then anyone can challenge any rule in the series and say "well you let THAT rule slide, so let this one go!" That's a situation that no league organizer should find themselves in, and I'm not volunteering the series for that level of dispute.

We're running a league, and some people just simply aren't compatible with leagues because they don't understand that rules that are set by the league are non-negotiable. This is such a situation, and so a refund will be forthcoming.
I for one am getting fed up with this 'name' thing. Enough was enough with all the CTRA stuff a while back. Andy pretty please with a kirschte on top change your name, no need to be embarrassed that your real surname is higginbuttocks .

LOL Moose, even with no arms and blind you'd still be faster than me....so no!
This whole deal leaves me with a sauer taste in my mouth.

But if Fatal1ty wants to join, under that name you will tell him he has to change his name ?? No way !!
Quote from niels1 :This whole deal leaves me with a sauer taste in my mouth.

But if Fatal1ty wants to join, under that name you will tell him he has to change his name ?? No way !!

Who is that? Sorry I don't know a racer by that username.

And yes we will, Just because a person has 'special' status doesn't mean they are above the regulations and they get to decide which rules they do, and don't follow.
Quote from niels1 :But if Fatal1ty wants to join, under that name you will tell him he has to change his name ?? No way !!

yeah, mate, they wouldn't. Might stop them getting sponsors if it goes Pro!
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Who is that? Sorry I don't know a racer by that username.

And yes we will, Just because a person has 'special' status doesn't mean they are above the regulations and they get to decide which rules they do, and don't follow.

So you dont know him, he has a big sponsor and they use that name on there brand aswell.

But what I dont get the guy who added Andy to the league is a german. He didnt make a fuzz about it. Only you and Sam do. Is this nitpicking ???
Quote from niels1 :So you dont know him, he has a big sponsor and they use that name on there brand aswell.

But what I dont get the guy who added Andy to the league is a german. He didnt make a fuzz about it. Only you and Sam do. Is this nitpicking ???

He did make a fuss it's something I shouldn't have done and didn't realize until after I had already hit accept. No excusses, I should have verified license names to the CTRA database and it would have solved the issue right then and there, but I was at work and didn't...
#37 - SamH
The matter is closed. Why are we even still talking about it? Whether or not there was an error accepting his application in the first place, when he was asked if he would comply with the regulations before racing he said he would NOT. Therefore, accepted or not, he's in breach of the regulations and he is OUT.

Now, let's move on and stop dirtying up this thread with COMPLETE irrelevences.
irrelevances to you Sam maybe. not to others. Why don't you just use your moderator powers to close another thread that doesn't fall under your own view point!
#39 - SamH
#40 - SamH
Quote from StableX :irrelevances to you Sam maybe. not to others. Why don't you just use your moderator powers to close another thread that doesn't fall under your own view point!

No, you're not trashing our thread into closure.

YOU won't accept the series regulations, so YOU cannot participate. End of.
I thought you went to watch the stream already. !

and I am not trashing "your" thread. Don't start your nonsense again! I tried to deal with this in a professional manner and deal with this between ourselves but you said it had to be on the forum.
Really sorry to hear this. That you both take his mistakes up even in a league. You trully made me loose the faith in the rules you have set. Only for a silly name. Unbelievable. Now regarding about dirtying up this thread, you both didnt want anything in PM. You both asked if Andy could post in the thread.

I am very dissapointed in both of you.
I wish you all the best but this wasnt necesarry and it blown totaly outta proportion.
What it comes down to is someone not complying with a clearly stated rule. If he doesn't comply, he can't race.

No big deal.
So Sam, let me get this straight. YOu tell me in a PM you are not going to deal with this through the PM system and I must post in the public readable thread. I do post and deal with this in the thread where you start talking about name issues. You then move all the posts and lock the thread.

That in my view is not right!
I agree
This name is not an issue! You guys are making an issue of it AGAIN!!! No one else cares. Until you got pissed at Andy about a totally separate issue, which was well deserved and he admitted it. (ISSUE CLOSED!!!) There was no "name rule" in your rules until after the fact.

I am ****ing pissed at your twisting of your moderator powers on this form!!!!!!! You are the one that wanted it in a public forum and then closed it. UNFAIR DEALINGS!!

OH, and Dru you are a cocksucker stirring the pot again!!!!!!!!! Sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong. Or maybe it does belong up Sams ass. Are you sure your on the right team?
Maybe you should try to get on the CTRA instead of CR.

I am disgusted with the CTRA right now and am starting to see that Redline might have had a point with some of their comments about moderator abuse.
****in shocking
#46 - SamH
The matter is closed. The name rule is very clear in the ETM regulations, and only people who accept the rules and abide by them are permitted to race. If you don't get that, then you're just not league racing material.

Todd, you have a well-earned infraction for absolutely unacceptable language and abuse of another member.
So this is how you guys run things on behalf of a league eh? You tell someone to post their issues in a public thread after refusing to deal with it via PM, then you just delete the posts and never address the PERFECTLY VALID ARGUMENT? Are we playing some sort of childish playground game here? Why must you constantly dig up crap from the past Sam? This has already been long dealt with, so WHY DO YOU START UP AGAIN? UNBELIEVABLE!
Shut up. I see the HR guys have come out in force..

If he can't abide by the rules, then he can't race. No need to make a big deal over it. Don't mount all the blame on Sam, he is doing his job, It is Andy that has started it. And ye guys aren't doing much good either, just childish comments as far as im concerned.

Grow up.
seems to me that someone who is acting as a moderator of the forums is abusing their admin powers. Again, I am staggered you make a PM to me stating:

Quote from SamH :I'm not discussing this in secret, by PM.

Firstly, this was not in secret but dealing with matters in the correct way. I have seen you use your moderator powers to stop posts/threads because things were in public and not closed!

I think if anything, your moderator powers should be revoked!
#50 - SamH
We have not brought this up. We are running a league. One of the league rules is that you have to use your real name. If you do not accept the league rules, then you may not enter the league.

That is the situation. If anyone thinks that they can join the league and dictate which rules we are allowed to apply and which we are not, they are mistaken.

This matter is STILL closed, and it will not be re-opened.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG