The online racing simulator
Thread outtakes - UK
woohoo! I better get some practise in.... See you on your server tonight Struan?
#2 - Dru
Quote from StableX :woohoo! I better get some practise in.... See you on your server tonight Struan?

but your from Yeman Andy? ...
Quote from Dru :but your from Yeman Andy? ...

from Yemen yes, but residing in the UK!
#4 - Dru
Quote from StableX :from Yemen yes, but residing in the UK!

has eSports-Racing not got a Yemanese LEague for you to win and qualify for the internationals then
I tried to get a Yemen domain together for LFS but at about $400 for a domain, I haven't!
#6 - Dru
lol i just seen that you are using that silly name again Andy.... WHY... don't you know it just makes you and the league a laughing stock..
Quote from Dru :lol i just seen that you are using that silly name again Andy.... WHY... don't you know it just makes you and the league a laughing stock..

Why don't you keep your butt out
#8 - Dru
#9 - Bean0
Quote from StableX :Why don't you keep your butt out

Quote from THE RULES :7. Carlivery and Drivernames

On the server drivers have to use their real name either this way:

Forename Surname
Or
F. Surename if it would be too long the other way

Colour codes in names are allowed

No stupid names
To me it's not stupid. Have used this surname for years online. If it's an issue for eTm they are welcome to refund my money but I hope this won't be the case.
The only silly name I see in the entrance list is 'Struan' unfortunately that is my real name .
Lets close this name thing please?
Rules is rules.

Can I get a waiver on the FCV then ?
#13 - SamH
Andy, I'm very concerned that there's already a direct disregard for the series rules at such an early stage, before we've even started. The rules state that you must use your real name for the series.

I want to be clear about this: you definitely cannot meet this series regulation?
Quote from SamH :Andy, I'm very concerned that there's already a direct disregard for the series rules at such an early stage, before we've even started. The rules state that you must use your real name for the series.

I want to be clear about this: you definitely cannot meet this series regulation?

StableX... we went through this on the CTRA and you know what happened. Please change your name
My money has been accepted. and with the name used, my account has had its acceptance to this series by the organiser. If this was a mistake and the organiser did not want to do this, they are welcome to refund me the money and I will not take part.
#16 - SamH
I just want to establish some things, so nobody is under the wrong impressions about anything here and so that nobody just thinks our rules and regulations are a bunch of tossers with a bit of power, ready to throw it around. That's not the situation here.

All participants are required to abide by all of the league's regulations. If you are not willing to abide by the series rules then you shouldn't sign up. If we don't apply our rules evenly, to everyone equally, then the series is worthless. This goes for all of our rules, whether name conventions or blue flag/lapping rules. The naming rule will be enforced.

This is a feeder to a pro league. The sponsors for the pro league are real companies bringing real money to the series, for real prizes. We will not undermine or risk that relationship by taking the micky at national level.
Who is running this league now?
#18 - SamH
UKCT is running the UK Nationals for eSport. CTRA is the regulations governing body.
so who in the UKCT is in charge of the UK event please? I will PM them and discuss this.
If his name isn't offensive i dont see the REAL issue here. Some people like to protect their identity over the net and would rather not use their real name. I know one person in IGTC at least did so.

Edit: i suggest someone fix the fact that i STILL cannot access the forums rather than hounding someone about a fake surname.
#21 - SamH
Benji, most of the sponsors for eTM are dealing with Joe in German. The name Andy wants to use is "Cherry Gateaux". I'm not offended by it, even remotely, but it's in breach of the series regulations.

[edit] Trying to figure the access issues now, Benji
Quote from BenjiMC :If his name isn't offensive i dont see the REAL issue here. Some people like to protect their identity over the net and would rather not use their real name. I know one person in IGTC at least did so.

Edit: i suggest someone fix the fact that i STILL cannot access the forums rather than hounding someone about a fake surname.

The problem is not the 'fake' last name, the problem is the meaning behind the name and the translation of it in other languages... namely German, which is where eSport is located and a good majority of it's users are from.

benjiMC I will ask for someone to sort it out again, I don't have access.
Quote from SamH :Benji, most of the sponsors for eTM are dealing with Joe in German. The name Andy wants to use is "Cherry Gateaux". I'm not offended by it, even remotely, but it's in breach of the series regulations.

[edit] Trying to figure the access issues now, Benji

no Sam, if I wanted to use the word Gateaux, I would! This is not the case. I am using the word Kirschetorte, in its wording as is!

I do believe the person that accepted my money and names to then be able to add the event to my site details could see all my details before accepting.
#24 - SamH
We will organize a refund, Andy. The matter is closed.
Hmmm here we go again. What i really dont get is why Andy has to be picked on every time. Sure he did something stupid in the past and feels shit about it. He paid the penalty aswell. But now he paid to join something. Money has been accepted, when they accepted that they also accepted the name that comes with it and all other things.

You cant just say bcus the name doesnt look real just kick pepople out. They had to make sure the name was real for entering. This name thing is really annoying. Forget it like we all did and let the guy have his pleasure at racing in this league.

Do you really think that sponsor have a look at the list of entrys. Look at proffesionel gamers. Do they use a real name ?. No, even better they use the names to promote there products. Those players even get payed to join.

Quote :We will organize a refund, Andy. The matter is closed.

Sam you must be joking. You really cant be serious about this.

Thread outtakes - UK
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG