The online racing simulator
#51 - SamH
Quote from StableX :Firstly, this was not in secret but dealing with matters in the correct way.

There is ONLY ONE way to deal with this in the correct way. Agree to abide by the league's rules.

If you will not do that, you have NO PLACE HERE.
Quote from niall09 :Shut up. I see the HR guys have come out in force..

If he can't abide by the rules, then he can't race. No need to make a big deal over it. Don't mount all the blame on Sam, he is doing his job, It is Andy that has started it. And ye guys aren't doing much good either, just childish comments as far as im concerned.

Grow up.

Um EXCUSE ME?

Niall, you don't know half of the crap that has gone on in the past regarding this. So keep your comments to yourself.
#53 - Jakg
How does him being a mod affect this? Even if he wasn't he'd be made a mod in this section anyway when Vic created it.

If you HR guys think that you will solve this issue after all the correspondance with Sam in relation the the "CTRA thing" I'm afraiad you are mistaken - It's obvious (to me at least) that this issue won't be solved unless one of you back down, and i'm fairly sure that's not gonna happen.
I see you just take the bit of the post that interests you. What a surprise.

So you are now saying that if you do not take part in the league you are not welcome here. I think you are actually quite wrong Sam. Many people, like me, that enjoy watching the eTM league and events, also are welcome here!

Don't do your twisting again!
Quote from teedot :Um EXCUSE ME?

Niall, you don't know half of the crap that has gone on in the past regarding this. So keep your comments to yourself.

Regardless, none of the stuff that happened in the past applies to this particular situation.

All of you guys are coming off as more than a little ridiculous to people who don't know the history between HR and CTRA, which is apparently everyone.

edit: moreover, you're dragging down the discussion of the entire league due to your need to air your petty dispute.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Regardless, none of the stuff that happened in the past applies to this particular situation.

All of you guys are coming off as more than a little ridiculous to people who don't know the history between HR and CTRA, which is apparently everyone.

I agree with you DeadWolfBones. This is why I tried to be reasoned and discuss this by PM's instead of Sam's preferred choice of in the public thread. However, it seems it didn't suit him so he moved the posts that didn't suit him and closed that thread.
#57 - Dru
Quote from StableX :I see you just take the bit of the post that interests you. What a surprise.

So you are now saying that if you do not take part in the league you are not welcome here. I think you are actually quite wrong Sam. Many people, like me, that enjoy watching the eTM league and events, also are welcome here!

Don't do your twisting again!

I think tbh Sam is saying that 'as a driver' you have no place in the eTM ....and you have just mis read it Andy...
minor point compared to abuse of moderator privileges! Point taken though Justin!
#59 - SamH
Quote from StableX :I agree with you DeadWolfBones. This is why I tried to be reasoned and discuss this by PM's instead of Sam's preferred choice of in the public thread. However, it seems it didn't suit him so he moved the posts that didn't suit him and closed that thread.

It was discussed. I made it clear that you would be required to abide by the rules. You refused to abide by the rules, you were removed from the league and the matter was closed.
OK, I know this thread has nothing to do with me and your probley gonna flame me none the less but im getting very annoyed with all this posting and flamming im seeing. All this has started over a stupid name, Im not being funny Sam. Whats the deal? Its not like it translates to **** your mother or ****s face does it? No it does, and it that respect it shold be ignored. I speak to StableX a lot and no im not part of [HR] but im saying what i think.

Im friends with Sam and StableX and i dont wanna fall out with you Sam but im getting pissed off. To me it looks like you are picking on Stable over the slightest little things. Ive seen you let more then this go before and it just pisses me off seeing all this crap.

Think of this, LFS is a game, We are a comunity. Why are we constantly fighting and arguing all the time? I see this crap and other stuff like the GT5 threads, In there people are flamming. Why do you bother SERIOUSLY!

I cannot comment on Sam's moderator privilages as ill most likely be banned, Im sorry if you dont like this post but i speak my mind and this is what im thinking right now....
#61 - SamH
Quote from mcgas001 :OK, I know this thread has nothing to do with me and your probley gonna flame me none the less but im getting very annoyed with all this posting and flamming im seeing. All this has started over a stupid name, Im not being funny Sam. Whats the deal? Its not like it translates to **** your mother or ****s face does it? No it does, and it that respect it shold be ignored. I speak to StableX a lot and no im not part of [HR] but im saying what i think.

Im friends with Sam and StableX and i dont wanna fall out with you Sam but im getting pissed off. To me it looks like you are picking on Stable over the slightest little things. Ive seen you let more then this go before and it just pisses me off seeing all this crap.

Think of this, LFS is a game, We are a comunity. Why are we constantly fighting and arguing all the time? I see this crap and other stuff like the GT5 threads, In there people are flamming. Why do you bother SERIOUSLY!

I cannot comment on Sam's moderator privilages as ill most likely be banned, Im sorry if you dont like this post but i speak my mind and this is what im thinking right now....

Sean, it comes down to the post immediately prior to yours. I don't care about whatever anyone else wants to try to attach to this, we are running a league according to a set of rules. We are keeping to the rules that we have set. Anyone who won't agree to them, or refuses to abide by them, is not allowed to race in the league. That's everything.
#62 - Jakg
Without taking sides, Andy doesn't want to use his real name - Sam has no problem with this, as long as it sounds real. To use a joke name in a serious racing league (or in the CTRA) goes against the professional image.

Imagine watching the eTM and hearing "and Bigus Dickus overtakes Isaac Hunt for the lead!"
Quote from Jakg :Without taking sides, Andy doesn't want to use his real name - Sam has no problem with this, as long as it sounds real. To use a joke name in a serious racing league (or in the CTRA) goes against the professional image.

Imagine watching the eTM and hearing "and Bigus Dickus overtakes Isaac Hunt for the lead!"

If you are seriously putting Kirschetorte in to the same realm as Bick Dick and Isaac or Mike Hunt then I am staggered!
#64 - SamH
Not quite, Jak. In the ETM, you are required to use your real name. These are league rules, which are extended over CTRA public server rules.
Sean, Sam has found the point in the record now. Best to just leave it. He'll act like a vinyl with a scratch from now on!
Quote from SamH :Not quite, Jak. In the ETM, you are required to use your real name. These are league rules, which are extended over CTRA public server rules.

That is blatantly not true Sam. eTM UK, as you have stated, is in breach of the data protection act if it is enforcing the use of REAL NAME which is how you have stated it many times here. CTRA is different in that it allows people to use a "real sounding name" which is very different. Please don't confuse the issue at hand here!
#67 - Jakg
And I'm staggered this issue is still going tbh.

As some people will know, Kirschtorte is a type of cake in German (a yummy Cherry Tart iirc) - for a league with a strong foothold in Germany, to hear "...and Andy Cherrytart crashes out after Bill Banana nudges him" is yet another thing that makes sim-racing seem the realm of "kids" (like my good friend "uberpwnz0r9996664lyfe!111"), rather than a professional league comprised of mature adults.

EDIT - Sam, you have said in the past that you don't have to use your real name, merely a "real sounding" one.
Quote from Jakg :And I'm staggered this issue is still going tbh.

As some people will know, Kirschtorte is a type of cake in German (a yummy Cherry Tart iirc) - for a league with a strong foothold in Germany, to hear "...and Andy Cherrytart crashes out after Bill Banana nudges him" is yet another thing that makes sim-racing seem the realm of "kids" (like my good friend "uberpwnz0r9996664lyfe!111"), rather than a proffesional league.

SO based on this fact Jakg, if the german person who saw my name and accepted my payment by adding my name to the UK eTM had no issue with it.....................................
The thing is that I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for the fact theres theres PROPER sponsors in the eTm Sam wouldn't really care too much. But because of the fact that the name means cherry gateau or whatever in German and the majority of organisation is done in Germany, it becomes an issue. If i was a manager of the sponsorship of a company like l'oreal and the league had people called John fruit cake and peter polo mints i wouldn't bother sponsoring it. The way i see it if Andy changed his name to something reasonable and Sam was still at odds with him it's petty from Sam, but right now HR is being petty. Especially considering the whole thing is over and done with and the majority of drivers in HR are choosing this moment to bring up past differences.
#70 - Jakg
Your directing this at me as if I know - I haven't been particularily active in LFS with UKCT for quite some time due to RL and a GF, and when I AM in contact Sam has disspeared (where ARE you?!).

I'm simply giving my opinion based on the the overview i got from reading correspondance related to HR and Sam about Mr. Cherry Cake.

I do not understand the payment system.

EDIT - Benji - the issue is that Andy had this name on the CTRA system. It got removed. He added it again. It got removed. This repeated a few times. He got banned. Many PM's flew either way and to do0f and from other HR members. Now Sam, involved in a project (i think) linked to CTRA / UKCT, has come up against the same issue and now his reasoning is even stronger. This has made the issue come up again.
Quote from Clownpaint :Sort it out in private, this is farcical.

Some of us just want to race.

totally agree and I tried to do it this way but Sam's choice was to not do it this way.
#72 - Jakg
Quote from SamH :Not quite, Jak. In the ETM, you are required to use your real name. These are league rules, which are extended over CTRA public server rules.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=691193#post691193 says otherwise. I can understand that perhaps CTRA rules would be less strict than eTM ones in this regard, but if so you should change this post.
#73 - SamH
There is no confusion, Andy. Use of real name in the ETM is entirely voluntary. You can opt out by not participating. If you don't want to use your real name, don't sign up. End of story. There is no breach of data protection. I'm very familiar with that law, and if you are as well then stop taking the micky.

@ Benji, you're right. However, at this point I am not willing to have Andy in the league under any guise or name. If this is the level of behaviour over a simple rule as this, and at such an early stage, I cannot imagine what would happen if he were given a DT for crossing a yellow line in a race. I am simply not willing to risk the series by having him in it, now. Not after this ludicrous performance.
Quote from SamH :There is no confusion, Andy. Use of real name in the ETM is entirely voluntary. You can opt out by not participating. If you don't want to use your real name, don't sign up. End of story. There is no breach of data protection. I'm very familiar with that law, and if you are as well then stop taking the micky.

@ Benji, you're right. However, at this point I am not willing to have Andy in the league under any guise or name. If this is the level of behaviour over a simple rule as this, and at such an early stage, I cannot imagine what would happen if he were given a DT for crossing a yellow line in a race. I am simply not willing to risk the series by having him in it, now. Not after this ludicrous performance.

Shame the LFS directors don't think the same after your abuse of moderator powers!
#75 - SamH
Quote from Clownpaint :Sort it out in private, this is farcical.

Some of us just want to race.

It's already been sorted out. I've cleaned this thread before, and I am about to do so again. You wanna race, and we wanna get down to some serious league racing

Thread outtakes - UK
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG