The online racing simulator
Climate
(25 posts, started )
Climate
what do ppl think about different climate options? like, dry spring, hot and damp summer, rainy fall, and icy/snowy winter as options for each track? would require a winter type tire though, but I think it could be fun...
I think this is already suggested a lot of times, maybe not with all those details, but the same ideas
Yes, suggested before.

However, this is different than "dynamic weather", and imho this would be better (Much simpler). Generally, it just changes grip, visibility, etc (Like weather currently changes lighting).
Problem is I cant find tarmac races held in winter conditions And there are (were) mods for autumn and winter conditions.
Quote from AndRand :Problem is I cant find tarmac races held in winter conditions And there are (were) mods for autumn and winter conditions.

"Condition", or "graphical look"?

Well, maybe not "tarmac-races" on winter, but how about some form of rally?
Why wouldn't there be races in the winter? Not when it's icy of course, but snow... Why not? The day it turned spring over here in Belgium we had snow..

And I think the mods AndRand is talking about are graphical mods.
this suggestion comes from the experience I had this winter when I went to a ice track (ealoken was there too). Me in my 130hp Miata caught up with 350hp Audi Quattros
I just thought it would be a good addition, as very slippery conditions relies alot more on driver skills on minimizing slip angles in order to get good lap times
#8 - wien
It may be a good suggestion, but if you look at the Suggested Improvements Log stickied at the very top of this forum (which you obviously know since you read it before posting like you're supposed to) you'll see that Dynamic Weather is the first suggestion listed. The devs know, it'll happen eventually, no need for more threads on the topic.
it isn't dynamic weather I'm after (in dynamic weather I see weather changes during the race), it's the possibility to completely change the climate in which the race is held (det hadde du forstått hvis du ville)
#10 - wien
Different temperatures, show, ice and rain would be a pretty fundamental part of a dynamic weather implementation don't you think? How could it not include those?

But by all means. Have this discussion all over again for the hundred and umpteenth time. I'm sure this time it'll be new and exciting.
Quote from sgt.flippy :
And I think the mods AndRand is talking about are graphical mods.

fcourse - with no snow or ice what difference does it make? bigger difference is between 10 and 50 deg of Celcius of tarmac that 10 and -10 - due to operational temperature of tyres.

Quote from TurboLag :this suggestion comes from the experience I had this winter when I went to a ice track (ealoken was there too). Me in my 130hp Miata caught up with 350hp Audi Quattros

watch this when Clarkson met with iceskater ... and was outlapped twice
Just rain would be nice, im not sure there are races when it's snowing!
...Or fog... Or thunder... Or anything else...

Already suggested. It will be included, if devs decides to include them. We can't do much about it...
Snow would only be for rally races.. I guess, or it should be rainy snow for track racing.
Quote from Gekkibi :"Condition", or "graphical look"?

There were some online races with an XFR tweaked in Mechanik and running knobbly tires that was great fun and felt uncannily like ice racing, but no proper simulation of winter conditions has been done.
Quote from AndRand :Problem is I cant find tarmac races held in winter conditions And there are (were) mods for autumn and winter conditions.

There ARE snow rallies. For example, WRC - Sweden...
And of course some "club"-races and "jokamiesluokka" (Don't know the exact translation, but the point is that anyone can participate with any car).
^ Run what you brung events Gekkibi?
It could be like this...

Theres some animal crossing game for the gamecube that if its raining at your house while your playing..its raining on the game..

So..the people thats hosting the server..if its raining/storm or something like that when your driving it would rain/storm?
Quote from scoobyrbac :It could be like this...

Theres some animal crossing game for the gamecube that if its raining at your house while your playing..its raining on the game..

So..the people thats hosting the server..if its raining/storm or something like that when your driving it would rain/storm?

How could the game know when its raining at your house when Gamecubes can't even connect to the internet?
Quote from h3adbang3r :How could the game know when its raining at your house when Gamecubes can't even connect to the internet?

I have no idea but I played it at my cousin's house and it was storming and it was doing the exact same thing on there...I thought it was just maby a coincidence..but we had a tornado...there was a tornado on there too..the exact same day and time.
lol I saw climate in the title and thought can we implement global warming into lfs? lol we should focus less on lap times and more on conserving fuel guys. I'm super cereal manbearpig is real
damn I thought we'd be dodging global warmings in S3. Im not sure yet what a global warming looks like, but it'd be hard to dodge
Quote from flymike91 :damn I thought we'd be dodging global warmings in S3. Im not sure yet what a global warming looks like, but it'd be hard to dodge

You can't dodge it, you can only act like it's real!

Climate
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG