The online racing simulator
do you own a gun?
(159 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :A fair number of serial killers start by killing animals for pleasure...

I think you need help - seriously.

so, tell my what is wrong with me? if you have a good reason i will dissappear and go to mental hospital dying for nothing...
Quote from batteryy :so, tell my what is wrong with me?

Read the quotes in posts #142 and #144.

Especially "living without guns is depressing, you can't kill/destroy anything so easily".

You are depressed when you can't kill or destroy anything easily? I think this is very wrong.
Quote from batteryy :so, tell my what is wrong with me? if you have a good reason i will dissappear and go to mental hospital dying for nothing...

You are addicted to the control and empowerment that a device designed to hurt, injure and kill provides. You are depressed when you no longer have an implement of pain and destruction.

Thats PERFECTLY normal.

</sarcasm>
C'mon guys, the chap has a hobby he is hooked at. Well, it happens to involve killing animals but clearly the killing is not the point. Personally I wouldn't get excited of killing a moose, but some people do and if they do it causing no unnecessary pain for the animals, why can't we let them have the fun? Killing licenses are given (sold) out in relation to a specie's population, and when mooses and deers cause thousands of car accidents every year and destroy planted woods by eating them (and my hemps ffs), I'd say it's pretty important to keep them in control. I also love eating moose soup, that my granny used to cook.

edit: A lot of this hassle towards batteryy have been lingual misunderstandings if you ask me.
Hell, I'd shoot my own dog if it ate my hemp crop
Two.

-Smith & Wesson Model 41 -- .22LR caliber (~5.5mm), 5.5" barrel, blued finish, completely stock except Nil-Griffe anatomical one-handed grips and Ultra-Dot Match Dot scope (non-magnifying electronic red dot). Used for one-handed target competition.

-Les Baer 1911-style "custom" -- .45ACP caliber (~11.4mm), 5" barrel, blued finish, fitted slide/barrel/barrel bushing (meaning tightened for accuracy, from the factory), match-grade trigger, and the same grips and scope as the Model 41. This one shoots reduced-power 185-grain* semi-wadcutter rounds that I load myself with 4.1 grains of Bullseye powder. I make about 200 rounds an hour and spend 3 hours shooting them. Used for one-handed target competition.

*230-grain FMJ (aka "ball", due to its round, non-hollowpoint nose) is the standard .45ACP round that the US military used when the 1911 was standard-issue. Besides making a cleaner hole in the paper, 185-grain semi-wadcutters are lighter (~12g vs. ~15g) and thus require less energy to achieve the same muzzle velocity. Less energy = less recoil = easier to focus on a smooth trigger pull (for me, anyway, especially being a small-ish guy at 5'8" and 140 lbs).
Quote from Jakg :You are addicted to the control and empowerment that a device designed to hurt, injure and kill provides. You are depressed when you no longer have an implement of pain and destruction.

Thats PERFECTLY normal.

</sarcasm>

Nope, im not going to dissappear for that. i know lot people like me, many íve seen many many hunters who are same kind of me. And why do you keep complaining? If i do some reqluar sports a lot it doesnt mean that im crazy. The thing in hunting is that you have to raw for the animal and give no mercy. ive given mercy few times and quess what, after it you thing ''now, why the hell i didnt kill that animal when i had change''. I gotta take it seriously and not start saying ''oh, i cant shoot that its so cute''. liking guns/killing is part of my sport and it doesnt hurt you( unless you come and protect finnish animals) I think most of you think that hunting is that you walk to the forest with a rifle and boom, suddenly you see a animal and shotted it. it isnt that easy, Usually if you start being on one place(usual on bird hutning) you might sit about 6 hours without any birds. So, you start liking it pecause when you get animals you know that you have skill. Now, what if we wouldnt talk about this anymore?
EDIT: and Frokki, thanks for first positive comment in this ''battery is psycho'' thing
Calling 112 is completely worthless, in good luck they arrive in 30mins, but it can take good hour too, sometimes they don't bother at all as there are more important issues on hand, like speed traps for example.

One have to protect himself, running for help means running at least 3 kilometres when taking direct route trough forest.

And after a month I'm in a place where closest police/first aid/fire department is over 150km away, it is a place where mobile phones don't work in every place and specially not every operator, if someone likes to do something bad he will and there is nothing else stopping it than a gun as most likely one with bad thoughts has one too (or claws and many sharp teeth), you can't outrun a bullet or bear/wolf.

Maybe it is that some people have lived in cities too long and they forget world outside?
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, a school with a rifle range (and very strict usage policies) but live ammo and various types of weapon from SA-80 to sniper rifles I can't remember the numbers of. It means that we respect guns a bit more, know how to use them, and learn how to use them in controlled environments. I think that's vastly safer than letting people get their experience (if they want any) 'underground'.

I doubt it's that very one, but we did have one here once. Very pretty. Makes a change from Healeys

One of my house mates at uni went to a school with a shooting range, she used to brag how she was "the best shot ever" to go to that school, then we went to a shooting range and she got her ass handed to her.

I don't own any guns in the legal sense of the word, but my brother used to own several on the farm he lived on for a few years, and when he popped his clogs I acquired his guns, though as I have no gun locker or licence to own them, I left them down there.

do you own a gun?
(159 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG