The online racing simulator
It seems like there is no setups for lx4 and fz5 for this combo, anywhere. They just don't exist, and i've got no glue of what do do with the cars. (So how the hell are taylor or juuretis doing so good laptimes.. share share!) Conclusion: RAC. Surprizingly it's very stable if it's set up right.
Quote from hyntty :It seems like there is no setups for lx4 and fz5 for this combo, anywhere. They just don't exist, and i've got no glue of what do do with the cars. (So how the hell are taylor or juuretis doing so good laptimes.. share share!) Conclusion: RAC. Surprizingly it's very stable if it's set up right.

WR setups attached.
Attached files
FZ5_FE4_Fox 2.set - 132 B - 923 views
RAC_FE4_P1lot.set - 132 B - 834 views
LX4_FE4_pecholobo.set - 132 B - 778 views
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
J@tko - could you please post the Free Practice times again please?

I can indeed

FP1: 29 March 2008. 1900 GMT. 60 Minutes.
FP2: 29 March 2008. 2200 GMT. 60 Minutes.
FP3: 30 March 2008. 0100 BST. 60 Minutes.
FP4: 30 March 2008. 1545 BST. 45 Miuntes.

FYI, ATM, GMT=Eastern +4 hours, BST=Eastern +5 hours

Yes - we're into summer time
Quote from J@tko :WR setups attached.

hmmm.. where do you people get these sets?
[DR] Server 1 is set to this combo now. Happy practice everyone. I would also like to wish you nice season ender
Quote from Kdovi :[DR] Server 1 is set to this combo now. Happy practice everyone. I would also like to wish you nice season ender

Thanks Kdovi!

And thanks for your support throughout the season
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Hmm. That's true Tech, good point. But if you're against using them then just don't (I bet you will though?!). You asked so I told you...but now you mention it, it is a little bit bad for the WR holders actually, considering they haven't willingly shared it...

But having said that, I personally don't have any reasons to not share my setup with anyone...even if I spent 3 hours in the FPs tweaking it the best I can, I'd still share it with my competitors.
I'm reasonably confident in my racing ability to compete against anyone with the same (or different) setup.
If people feel that their setup is the main key to their success then perhaps they should focus more on their racing skills rather than the setup

I mean I could try as hard as I can to beat a WR with the same setup from that site, but no matter how hard I try I couldn't do it.
I'd need to adjust that setup to my own preference to have a chance...not adjust my driving for that setup, you see?

That's just my thoughts anyway. I know people will feel differently, but to me it's just a setup, big deal?

I didn't mean any offense After all, it's not your site! To answer your question nope I won't be using them - but for other reasons. I won't be able to make this race! Certain family stuff came up that's more important than this game - so I wish everyone luck in the final round.

Also, to paraphrase a book I'm reading, the difference between 1st place and 3rd place is the amount of work and knowledge spent tuning a car. At our level it really doesn't make much of a difference, but at the WR level I would imagine people might work quite hard working on their setups just to extract a few hundredths of a second. It should really be up to them to decide whether they want to share their hard work. Does that mean I won't use that site? Well I don't know! but I am going to work hard to learn how to setup my car properly... something I'm pretty bad at right now!
Here's some decent setups (although you may have to tweak them for the specific track).

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37043

I was going to use the RAC setup for the final race. I was running ~2:55 with awful 2nd splits so I'm sure it can be pretty fast with a little tweaking.
#60 - Stan
Quote from JO53PHS :Will we be seeing another nice cow car to add to your collection?

Absolutely!

All three cars in this class waiting in my garage have been fully externally upholstered with grade 'A' cowhide. :headbang:
I've been trying to get to grips with setups while this cup has been on, because i've relied too much on saying "hey [fastest driver name here], can I try your setup?" all the time. The best way ive found is to change one component at a time, and go from the maximum setting to the minimum, and learn what it feels like through exageration. So for example, using the MRT which is very responsive to setup changes, whack the anti-roll bars all the way up, and go drive 10 laps of (the awesome ) Sam Speedway, then set them to the minimum, and you'll learn instantly what a change to roll bars feels like. Now set one to max and one to min, and so on. I've played like this in single player mode for ages, it's actually quite a lot of fun . Very time consuming tho.
Just so you all know, since I am at home for the next 36 hours, my life is farked up.

I will be unable to be at FP4, for sure, as I will be en route back to Athens. I will be back in time for the quals. At least I'd better be.

d
Guys, a reminder that Quali starts at 7.00 BST, not 6.40.
Sorry but i wont be able to race this weekend as stuff has come up!

But good luck to you all and i hope to see you again in december
Quote from Velocity. :Sorry but i wont be able to race this weekend as stuff has come up!

But good luck to you all and i hope to see you again in december

Who said the next season would be December........
Is 7.00 BST just 7PM when the clocks go back?

(Which would be 6PM current GMT time)
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Is 7.00 BST just 7PM when the clocks go back?

(Which would be 6PM current GMT time)

Yeah.

P.S Clocks go forward
All Competitors:

Please note that overtaking is strictly prohibited at the following corners:
Turn 2 (the chicane)
Turn 9 (the next chicane)
Turn 12 (that nasty left-right-left onto the back straight - with big kerbs)
The Last Corner.

This is to avoid large pile-ups. There are still plenty of other places to overtake (T1, T7, T8, T10, T14, T20, T21)

Obviously, if there is a car crawling along at 5 mph in front of you when you come to one of these corners, you may still overtake, but with care.

Penalties:
1st time offence: Warning (or if serious enough, DT)
2nd time: DT
3rd time: DQ
@Deko

Me n Joe are using LX4, as is juuretis
Taylor keeps changing, so ive no idea
Hyntty is using RAC.
lol ty for clearing that up

Clocks go forward? Whoops
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Yeah i dunno what to use yet. When is the latest we must confirm our choice?

After FP4. For 'spreadsheet' reasons
I'm going LX4
Changed: im using FZ5 - to avoid going round in circles

Instead, I'll be going in very slow 3.9 mile circles

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG