The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 8 Pre-Race Discussion
Final Round of Season 1
Thoughts/comments

It'll be a hard race

FP1: 29 March 2008. 1900 GMT. 60 Minutes.
FP2: 29 March 2008. 2200 GMT. 60 Minutes.
FP3: 30 March 2008. 0100 BST. 60 Minutes.
FP4: 30 March 2008. 1545 BST. 45 Miuntes.

FYI, ATM, GMT=Eastern +4 hours, BST=Eastern +5 hours

Yes - we're into summer time
Indeed this is going to be very interusting
#3 - J@tko
I'm fastest so far with a 3.04.66

That won't last long
Lol, I got a 3:10 and spun during that lap and took my time :P
Nuh uh wont last long :P
that race is gonna be worse then round 7
WEll, here's the championship deal.

Hyntty's win pulled him within ten of Taylor...Taylor is on 204, Hyntty, 194. Kab is not mathematically out yet, but is realistically out.

For Kab to win the cup, There need to be at least 14 racers in the classified results for there to be enough of a points spread avaialble. If kab gets pole and fast lap, there is one less finisher to worry about. Taylor effectively needs to earn less than 6 points, and hyntty less than 16, and kab MUST win in that case.

For Hyntty to win the cup, he must get pole and fast lap and finish first with Taylor finishing 9th or worse. hyntty will not win a tie between he and Taylor even if hyntty wins, as taylor and hyntty will both have 2 wins, but taylor will have 1 2nd and hyntty none (as it stands right now)

All Taylor has to do to win the title is finish 8th or higher.

d
xD Taylor, good luck. If you need help during the race ill be helping you :P

Make sure you dnt drop to lower then 8th! and dont disconnect!
Quote from dekojester : as taylor and hyntty will both have 2 wins, but taylor will have 1 2nd and hyntty none (as it stands right now)

Wtf? Don't get it.
His had one second while his had none whats there not to know. To my knowledge its just saying his finishing up there while the other is not.

Btw sorry for not knowing the names was just browsing.
Quote from AstroBoy :His had one second while his had none whats there not to know. To my knowledge its just saying his finishing up there while the other is not.

Btw sorry for not knowing the names was just browsing.

You mean he's (he has).

Hynnty - if you and Taylor finish equal on points, deko looks at the number of wins to decide who wins the cup. If those are equal then he looks at the number of 2nd positions you have scored. Taylor has one 2nd position, you have none, so Taylor would win the cup. I think this method for deciding a winner is called "countback".
Quote from TomMK :Y Taylor has one 2nd position, you have none, so Taylor would win the cup.

Didn't I finish 2nd two weeks ago? Or arent you counting r6 coz it was two seperate races?
this will be a bit boring race... a very long track... in R7 for me was boring too, because after 4 laps till finish i was driving all alone, so i think it will be the same in R8...
Quote from kABLiuks :this will be a bit boring race... a very long track... in R7 for me was boring too, because after 4 laps till finish i was driving all alone, so i think it will be the same in R8...

Agreed. I'm looking forward to this combo because I like the cars, but I'm pretty sure it will be boring after the first 1-2 laps.
Quote from Technique :Agreed. I'm looking forward to this combo because I like the cars, but I'm pretty sure it will be boring after the first 1-2 laps.

/me hadn't thought of that until I changed server combo last night

What will make it interesting, is that the cars are so different to each other. The FZ5 is like a tank, the LX4 like a mosquito and the RAC is like, um, I don't know. Hopefully, everyone will have someone to race against.

Due to the fact that this is a really long track, there will be NO SAFETY CAR. It'll just ruin the race and make it take soooo long!
Quote from J@tko :NO SAFETY CAR.

I was already planning on this from the preplanning stages of the season. I will just convert the SC to a 3rd Rescue Car (still called Safety Car) to divide the track up beter to give people shoves out of gravel pits and such.

d
Incidentally, when the points were redid, Taylor now has to only finish 9th to win the cup.
hyntty, I got your PM. You don't have to worry about your friend Taylor. I'll make sure he's nowhere near the top 10. I'll make it look like an accident by choosing the RAC, muwhahah! Just focus on getting that 1st place. I accept paypal for services rendered.
Quote from Technique :hyntty, I got your PM. You don't have to worry about your friend Taylor. I'll make sure he's nowhere near the top 10. I'll make it look like an accident by choosing the RAC, muwhahah! Just focus on getting that 1st place. I accept paypal for services rendered.

Oh dear. I've just got one from Taylor-Mania

Don't worry Taylor. As long as I take him out, you've won it. ;-)
Bisquits for everyone who finish behind me and above Taylor...
I'll be helping my fellow alien. So watch out hyntty in lap 1 T1. I might get a little loose because of the tires and fishtail you in my tank. xD
Taylor, nice job. Even if you only dropped a second off of your time, that would put you about midfield in the Road Sport Cup league. Pretty impressive
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
But I'll use the LX4. Nice & nimble, but it has a low top speed in comparison & is very light...so the slightest touch could end in disaster!

I'm gonna go out of my way to avoid all possible contact with the RAC & FZ5!

So I'll have the FZ5 then... Nothing's gonna happen of cource:tempted:
Yup, I reckon I'll use the FZ5 too, I will probably need TC
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS : I made myself look like a dick.
After the completion of the Kyoto 250, the server will be set to the LFSBC final round combo. After this is when I will post the official informations a la the other races.

d
ill take RAC. i cant win BC, so atleast i will enjoy the final race with a very challenging car

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG