The online racing simulator
Super Aguri?
(28 posts, started )
Super Aguri?
I was told that Super Aguri didn't show up to the recent tests (not the first time they missed tests) at Barcelona because they wanted to save money.

This doesn't bode well for the team. Is there any chance they'll defunct before the season start (or during this season)?
I remember that they missed some test because some parts didnt arrived in time, maybe I'm wrong

Hi lizard!
#3 - MR_B
Blame SS United group. Defaulting on payments.
Quote from Blas89 :I remember that they missed some test because some parts didnt arrived in time, maybe I'm wrong

Hi lizard!

I sure hope they dont go defunct. It's the only eastern asian team there is

Hi blas, havent seen you in a long time

Quote from MR_B :Blame SS United group. Defaulting on payments.

Oh? I've always thought it was a sponsorship problem (much like the problem that JV has in NASCAR)
I thought super Aguri was a development team of Red Bull so i would figure money wouldnt be as huge an issue.
But i hope not the more F1 teams the better its so bad seeing such a small field even though theres a few drivers it just seems small because its like the same 4 drivers fighting for the win oh well.
So to answer you question. No Idea
Quote from AstroBoy :I thought super Aguri was a development team of Red Bull [snip]

I thought that's what Torro Rosso was?
Honda -> Super aguri

Red bull -> Torro Rosso
rofl my bad. Atleast i was close i got the development team part right
Maybe Honda don't want that Team B faster than Team A again
It is as someone else posted, SS United didn't pay up. They were primary sponsors of Super Aguri last year.

What Super Aguri needs is more cash input from Honda. But Honda doesn't seem to want their B-team to outperform them, so aren't contributing any more than what they are now.

A bigger problem for Super Aguri is that they are a chassis customer. The FIA will be banning chassis customer teams very soon, and then Super Aguri will be out of the game unless they can design a whole car from scratch. The same problem applies to Toro Rosso.

Personally I think Honda should sponsor Super Aguri entirely this season, followed by a merger for 2009. Or else they can stay separate and sponsor Super Aguri, but put the Acura branding on the Super Aguri car (Acura is the luxury car arm of Honda) and provide Super Aguri with technical support from Acura who are experienced at building sports prototype chassis.
Quote from samjh :It is as someone else posted, SS United didn't pay up. They were primary sponsors of Super Aguri last year.

What Super Aguri needs is more cash input from Honda. But Honda doesn't seem to want their B-team to outperform them, so aren't contributing any more than what they are now.

A bigger problem for Super Aguri is that they are a chassis customer. The FIA will be banning chassis customer teams very soon, and then Super Aguri will be out of the game unless they can design a whole car from scratch. The same problem applies to Toro Rosso.

Personally I think Honda should sponsor Super Aguri entirely this season, followed by a merger for 2009. Or else they can stay separate and sponsor Super Aguri, but put the Acura branding on the Super Aguri car (Acura is the luxury car arm of Honda) and provide Super Aguri with technical support from Acura who are experienced at building sports prototype chassis.

Good explanation thxs for the respond
Quote from lizardfolk :I sure hope they dont go defunct. It's the only eastern asian team there is

Ummm Honda? Toyota?
Quote from samjh :Or else they can stay separate and sponsor Super Aguri, but put the Acura branding on the Super Aguri car (Acura is the luxury car arm of Honda) and provide Super Aguri with technical support from Acura who are experienced at building sports prototype chassis.

Isn't the Acura brand only used in North America? I'm pretty sure that's why Honda's two drivers used helmet visor logos which said "Acura" last year, but only at Montreal and Indianapolis. Expanding that brand to the whole world is a huge undertaking and is not something that would happen overnight.
Quote from Lateralus :Isn't the Acura brand only used in North America? I'm pretty sure that's why Honda's two drivers used helmet visor logos which said "Acura" last year, but only at Montreal and Indianapolis. Expanding that brand to the whole world is a huge undertaking and is not something that would happen overnight.

Yup, Acura is US only.
Quote from RockBottomWalsh :Ummm Honda? Toyota?

How can Super Aguri be 'east Asian' if its HQ is in Leafield, England? Same with Honda in Brackley. And Toyota in Cologne Germany.

There aren't any F1 teams based in Asia.
Force India?
-
(DeKo) DELETED by DeKo
Quote from (-Mark-) :Force India?

That's based across the road from Silverstone. Force India used to be Spyker which used to be Midland which used to be Jordan. Eddie Jordan built the factory there.
God I wish Jordan could come back. Not only does it sound so much better than "Force India" (wtf? What next? GP Team America?), but the first years of the 7-Up green cars and the early years in B&H colours were cool.
Team America... It's a great name. They even have a theme song!

America... F* Yeah! I forget the rest, just go watch Team America World Police
Quote from STROBE :the first years of the 7-Up green cars and the early years in B&H colours were cool.

Totally. The '97 Jordan with the snake theme and the '98 and '99 with the hornet were some of coolest paint jobs I've ever seen on an F1 car.
Quote from Lateralus :Totally. The '97 Jordan with the snake theme

Was that the yellow car? With a few scales at the front and side?
Yep, HERE it is.

EDIT: One thing i didn't remember about that livery, is the snakes tongue going all down the side there.
Back to the topic at hand; let's not forget that Super Aguri barely tested at all last season, turned up at Melbourne and released their car on the Thursday before the race and consequently qualified 10th and 11th on the grid. Whilst they have been stung by the non-payment of SS United, this team are miracle workers and I have no doubt they'll find some cash somewhere.

Quote from samjh :A bigger problem for Super Aguri is that they are a chassis customer. The FIA will be banning chassis customer teams very soon, and then Super Aguri will be out of the game unless they can design a whole car from scratch. The same problem applies to Toro Rosso.

I think you have your wires crossed there, customer cars are already banned and have been for many years. Both Super Aguri and Torro Rosso have got around this ruling by claiming that technically they hold the intellectual design rights for the corresponding chassis.
#24 - MR_B
Quote from samjh :It is as someone else posted, SS United didn't pay up.

"As Kringle posted"

It was in autosport that from 2009 they'll have to make their own chassis from scratch. Which for Torro Rosso, shouldn't be too much of a problem. They had been doing it for years as Minardi

As for Super Aguri, they may have the capacity to construct a chassis. But I doubt they have any equipment to do so. Just empty rooms perhaps? :P
Quote from count.bazley :I think you have your wires crossed there, customer cars are already banned and have been for many years. Both Super Aguri and Torro Rosso have got around this ruling by claiming that technically they hold the intellectual design rights for the corresponding chassis.

I admit I did jump the gun by saying that they will be banned.

However, the issue of customer cars is not resolved. It should have been solved at the beginning of 2007, but there was merely a delay, and still the FIA hasn't settled on the issue, and teams like Williams are grumbling. Until FIA officially legalises customer cars, the issue will continue to cast uncertainty for teams like SA and STR.

Super Aguri?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG