The online racing simulator
Coding Help!
(33 posts, started )
Coding Help!
Ok ive been trying to code my insim for two days now and it stilldoes nothing can someone just show me in like screenshots how to code some buttons/Actually show word on the Ingame Screen!

Thx, i know its alot of work but it will be much appreciated
#2 - Woz
Quote from Eclipse2000 :Ok ive been trying to code my insim for two days now and it stilldoes nothing can someone just show me in like screenshots how to code some buttons/Actually show word on the Ingame Screen!

Thx, i know its alot of work but it will be much appreciated

There are a couple of threads already on buttons etc. Look the recent threads started by Sun.
Quote from Eclipse2000 :Ok ive been trying to code my insim for two days now and it stilldoes nothing can someone just show me in like screenshots how to code some buttons/Actually show word on the Ingame Screen!

What language are you using? What development platform? These are the answers we need to know.

Please bear in mind that the subforum isn't for teaching people how to program. Many people don't mind giving advice or helping out with general problems, as well as ones related to LFS, but teaching people isn't easy, and in doing so we'd be reproducing a lot of content that is already written on other parts of the internet that is actually very, very good.

Providing screenshots for writing code isn't exactly the best way to do it either.

Let us know what you're using and we'll do what we can, or at least point you in the right direction. Also as Woz says, check out the "Button Problems" thread, started by sun.
Quote from the_angry_angel :What language are you using? What development platform? These are the answers we need to know.

Please bear in mind that the subforum isn't for teaching people how to program. Many people don't mind giving advice or helping out with general problems, as well as ones related to LFS, but teaching people isn't easy, and in doing so we'd be reproducing a lot of content that is already written on other parts of the internet that is actually very, very good.

Providing screenshots for writing code isn't exactly the best way to do it either.

Let us know what you're using and we'll do what we can, or at least point you in the right direction. Also as Woz says, check out the "Button Problems" thread, started by sun.

Im using LFS External And Lapper !
I cant really say what i am making (People Steal ideas )but i can say that i have to first make on the top left screen the Name of my server! that would be a start

can it be done with lapper or do i have o use LFS external
Assuming you mean in the "waiting room" or lobby before any race is occuring, then this is set in the dedi server's config file or the options if you're using the full client to try and host games..?
no no no i mean while playing/driving
Coding Help, Proper Post With Image!
Ok The Attached Image It Shows How I Want the Insim To Look, Im using LFS External And Lapper In C# Express 2008

First Off Can Someone Briefly Explain TO Me How I Can Make the Name Of The server appear in the bottom left and also how i can make those buttons!!

Sorry For Posting Another One :

Plz dont refer me to othe posts, if those post's helped i wouldnt be posting this thread!
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Bottom left one would just be a larger button.

Honestly, if you expect help, trying to keep everything a secret really isn't the best way, because ambiguity just causes confusion.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Bottom left one would just be a larger button.

Honestly, if you expect help, trying to keep everything a secret really isn't the best way, because ambiguity just causes confusion.

Yeh but i heard alot of people steal ideas! plus u dont need to know lol i just have to know how to make buttons for ma insim!

Honestly, exactly what you're asking is already in other threads, just look.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Bottom left one would just be a larger button.

can u tell me how to make the bottom left big button please ?
i now they are in other posts but, i dont know where to put the codes ???? in client.cs or program.cs where do i put it?
It depends on what language you're using and what library (if you're using a library) you're using. With LFS_External I'd use
InSim.Send_BTN_CreateButton("Button Text", "Title", Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_DARK | Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_CLICK, 5, 30, 100, 10, 96, 1, UCID, 40, false);

Nobody can help you if you're going to be terribly ambiguous, and ask the same question, where there's many many many times more information.

Honestly, you need a lot more skill than you seem to have. If you're asking where it needs to be thrown, then I think you should learn C# or whichever language before you attempt a project. Trying to wing it like this will only make people annoyed with you and unwilling to help.
Quote from Eclipse2000 :Yeh but i heard alot of people steal ideas!

A lot of people also commit murder. There is an overwhelming number that don't, however this is a different discussion and isn't relevant.

Quote from Eclipse2000 :i just have to know how to make buttons for ma insim!

When a player joins a server the NCN packet is sent over InSim. When you receive this packet you want to send the button packet (BTN) back detailing the size and the text you want on that that persons screen, using their UCID.

From what I've gathered from other people using LFS_External, and inparticular the default example application, this means that you need to call the "InSim.Send_BTN_CreateButton" function, in the NCN function.

However, I do not use LFS_External, or C#, so your mileage may vary.

Edit: Damn I must be slow tonight
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It depends on what language you're using and what library (if you're using a library) you're using. With LFS_External I'd use
InSim.Send_BTN_CreateButton("Button Text", "Title", Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_DARK | Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_CLICK, 5, 30, 100, 10, 96, 1, UCID, 40, false);

Nobody can help you if you're going to be terribly ambiguous, and ask the same question, where there's many many many times more information.

Honestly, you need a lot more skill than you seem to have. If you're asking where it needs to be thrown, then I think you should learn C# or whichever language before you attempt a project. Trying to wing it like this will only make people annoyed with you and unwilling to help.

i understand but i learn more coding stuff through practical work

Ok so where do i put that code?
Quote from Eclipse2000 :Ok so where do i put that code?

Each packet that is sent and received over InSim can be found in X:\path\to\LFS\docs\InSim.txt, with a description of when they occur. Using that you can match up the events you need to use to the functions that LFS_External makes available.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Each packet that is sent and received over InSim can be found in X:\path\to\LFS\docs\InSim.txt, with a description of when they occur. Using that you can match up the events you need to use to the functions that LFS_External makes available.

Hmm Ic Ic Look at the attached image that should make it more easy to understand!
Attached images
untitled.JPG
No. Clients.cs is the code that keeps track of all the players. All your code could go in another insim.cs file, or directly into the Form1.cs file.
OK i put code into form1.resx but it shows errors take a look at the image i attached !
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Form1.cs, not resx or the designer
Quote from Eclipse2000 :i learn more coding stuff through practical work

That doesn't exclude practical tutorials. If you can't paste a piece of code in the right *file*, you need to go thru the basics before jumping into bigger stuff.

In my experience getting copy-pasted code to work is difficult because it is always harder to understand completely than code that you've written yourself.

Sowwy for derailz
Quote from the_angry_angel :Form1.cs, not resx or the designer

OO i understand it all now nut i still have to read more Thanks Guys your awesome

xDxD

Thx for ya help fellas
Quote from Eclipse2000 :OO i understand it all now nut i still have to read more Thanks Guys your awesome

xDxD

Thx for ya help fellas

Someone's been on teh sugar...

Coding Help!
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG