The online racing simulator
#1 - Joe_R
Is this laptop good enough to play LFS?
ok i know this is a stupid question to ask even though the specs are good BUT...i just wanna make sure if this laptop can withstand LFS for long periods of time cuz my other laptop cant soo ya

Specs:
  • AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core TK-57
  • 15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView widescreen display
  • NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M
  • 2GB DDR2 system memory
  • 160GB hard drive (SATA)
  • 802.11b/g WLAN
  • LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD R/RW with double layer support
  • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
plz let me know if this is good enough...thnx
It is good enough, I have a very similar configuration on my laptop, and LFS works fine. It's not spectacular, but it's ok.
u can most liky run with no prob. with a dual core, and a 7000 series, and 2 g ram, should be good to go.
#4 - Joe_R
hmmm well ight but yes the laptop im on now....everytime i get on lfs and play the blue screen comes up and restarts the system...does anyone have suggestions? btw here are the specs

Processor: Intel Celeron M 380 / 1.6 GHz

Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

RAM:
2GB DDR2 SDRAM

Windows XP Home Edition
Have you tried simply reinstalling LFS? It sounds like something is corrupt somewhere, either with the game, or with Windows.
Quote from Joe_R :Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

There's your problm, I have the same exact card but its the 200 Series in my PC now and its onboard and I only get about 15 FPS max and all my grafix's settings are set as low as they can get. Anything with the name ATi is a crash waiting to happen....
Quote from scoobyrbac :There's your problm, I have the same exact card but its the 200 Series in my PC now and its onboard and I only get about 15 FPS max and all my grafix's settings are set as low as they can get. Anything with the name ATi is a crash waiting to happen....

Isn't (my ATi card works perfectly).
It's just that that isn't a decent graphic chip, it's only for office work and little more.
#8 - Joe_R

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG