The online racing simulator
The easiest car for drifters?
(29 posts, started )

Poll : What to drift?

Switch to the XRT
Switch to something else (for drifting)
Stick to the FZ5
Though I race most of the time, sometimes I go on the drift servers after a day of banging doors and losing a bumper or two (clipping the kerbs at FE, mind you). Currently, I'm trying to find a car that I can easily handle in a drift yet be very dynamic in the way it changes direction.

My current weapon of choice? The FZ5.
xrt.
XRT. very forgiving car even when driving the hell out of it.
the rb4 on a 30/70 torque split is verrryy forgiving and the tires stay drivable for longer. I use 50/50 but thats a different story.
XRT but i prefer the FZ5!
The FXO
Well when i beggin to drift (before 2 months) i start with XRT and it was very hard for me becouse i am a keyboard Drifter but today i make cool smoke drifts and i am soo happy.So my oppinion is that:Fz5 is more hard for drift than Xrt
Look yesterday i made a drift bible for begginers(sorry but i make it on my national language(bulgarian) )
http://vbox7.com/play:cd8cb92e
XRG obviously.
#9 - J@tko
I can drift my RB4 for ever, and I'm not a drifter. Although my drifting comes from the fact that I'm trying to race, but failing.
In order... XRG - XRT - FZ5
The GTT is by far, the easiest to drift. I can't race that thing at all because every corner is a drift even when I'm desperately trying not to.
the bf1
nolol fz5 is funny to drift xrt is only a bit easier
The XRT is the only proper car that is made for drifting i surpose FZ5 is more of a racing car.. tbh
#14 - Waz
As many people said XRT or FZ25 is best car for drifting.
With FZ25 you can pull out longer drifts more easily, but with XRT controlling line/angle is little bit easier.
I suggest you to try RAC too, because it's hard to control but most fun to drift.
a proper drift car is suppsoed to be light and FR layout

so i would say the XRT or the XRG

a porsche with RR is not an ideal drift car, it's harder to initiate a drift in and also very polar when you start to slide, so you will just end up trying to control yourself and end up backwards coming out of the corner(this is from actually driving a porsche...)

i would pick the XRG because it's moderatly powered and it's FR and light
XRG ftw !!1oneone
the UF100 !!!!!
^maybe... but i would think that the XRG is the EASIEST to control sliding...
#19 - Jakg
XRG is easy to "drift" but as it has so little power it's really hard to keep it going (although it's possible to drift on the entry just using the gears and brakes). The LX6 is probably the easiest to properly drift because all you do is punch the throttle and deal with the oversteer. For a proper drifter (aka one who doesn't suck like i do) the best would probably be an XRT or an FZ5.
Quote from Jakg :The LX6 is probably the easiest to properly drift because all you do is punch the throttle and deal with the oversteer.

I have yet to see a proper LX6 drifting from anyone, I only have seen 2 people doing it right...
#21 - Jakg
Like I said - i suck. I don't do it "right", but the tail comes out. If you want to drift in the easiest way possible then I doubt you really care about doing it properly, more about getting the tail out.
Quote from Jakg :Like I said - i suck. I don't do it "right", but the tail comes out. If you want to drift in the easiest way possible then I doubt you really care about doing it properly, more about getting the tail out.

getting the tail out counts as "drifting" for people who don't know what drifting is about actually, like racers or "yooo, i made teh milliun point driftzorz, lookiez at me FnF EVO SKINSZORZ" crowd...

proper drifting involves following the correct lines, and not letting the car's rear end wobble from side to side while drifting...
#23 - Jakg
I have no idea if you judge my opinion on drifting based on the drift vid I made - if you do i'd like to point out that while I suck I am still a little bit better that that vid shows.

As I said - The easiest car for drifting is personal preference (within reason).
Quote from Jakg :I have no idea if you judge my opinion on drifting based on the drift vid I made

no no no no... I judge your opinion on the basis that I actually was drifting before I went to movie making only, and I have tried to tame the LX6 after driving the XRT... the lightness of LX, and it's lack of decent torque makes a very nervous car, which calls for a massive amount of input to keep it nice and smooth through the corners, while XRT can forgive and hide most of the mistakes, and gives you time to think
#25 - Jakg
Ok - Another question. As I suck the LX is the "car for me" because it's easy enough to get the tail out (although there is no way I can be ultra smooth and properly drift it). I tried the XRT and it feels really heavy, is this a setup issue or have I just got used to trying to slide a car which weighs the same as a soiled teabag?

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG