The online racing simulator
Flight Simulator X
(190 posts, started )
Just in case someone wants to know what´s going on at the virtual Sky. Visit vataware for some colourful pictures and statistics

@mrodgers: You are right with what you say. It´s strange talking to the computer. But if you look from another perspective: You are not talking to your Computer, you are actually talking to someone else sitting on his Computer. It´s like what real Pilots do too. They talk into a Microphone to someone sitting in front of a Computer / Radar screen. The people at Vatsim (or IVAO) do the same like real Pilots and Controllers. And this is why it´s taken so seriously. They all try to do it 100% like in reality, maybe that feels strange too because we are not used to it.
how will the gold pack run with the Following:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
1916MB RAM (not 2gb )
DirectX 9 Nvidia 7100/630i
i know i'll run it but how good?
Not very well. You'd be better off getting hold of a cheap copy of FS2004 instead, as it'll probably look better than FSX with the detail turned down enough so you can run it.
bought it! so, for me, the land is a little worse than fs2004, but the traffic and the water totaly make up the that!!!!!
If you want some better traffic, have a look at World Of AI.

There's an installer you need first, then you can download and plug in as many packages as you like.

http://www.world-of-ai.com/
I was thinking he meant traffic on the ground. FSX does have animated traffic on the roads, doesn't it (I use FS9)?

Anyways, that sounds pretty cool. I'll have to look at it, though I don't fly offline much. I'm mostly on WSPilots' servers when I fly.
*2 month bump*
i just got this game, whats the best website for addons (aircraft), i have searched google but most of them you have to pay for membership and the other ones have such bad website design i cant find the downloads :P

any help? thanks
www.simviation.com and www.flightsimx.co.uk are good websites for downloads and reviews ... Avsim would have been one had someone not hacked the damn site

@ rogers - ditto on wspilots ... when do you fly there?

Edit: As we're on the subject of FSX.... I'm having a problem when I'm running this for more than say half an hour to an hour, where my computer BSOD's due to over heating no doubt.... I'm not sure whether it's my CPU or GPU which is causing the problem, but how do I get better cooling for it?... I don't really have the money to spend £100s to get a cooling system

CPU runs 45c at idle and GPU last I checked was near 60c....
Does anyone else have the Airwolf Project X mod?
#85 - senn
Quote from Jakg :How "hard" is it? I've got a fairly crappy M$ one of these...

Even worth trying to play with one of these? My "experience" includes BF2 and the good old Combat Flight Sim (1 & 2), so perhaps i'll crash and burn but meh.

If thats an MS FFB2, it's hardly crappy. I regret giving mine away (had a dead cord, cousin took it and fixed it)
They are still bang for buck the best FFB stick (that actually has all the features you want for playing simulators) I just got an x52, and its a good stick......but tbh i'd still rather my FFB2 for flight sims

Only one i have atm is DCS: Black Shark, but i wouldn't mind find a good ww2 (ALA janes ww2 fighters ~1998 i think, or Pacific air war 1942 ~1994)
Black shark is pretty challenging, but sometimes i'm not in the mood for all the switches etc, i just want to dogfight
Quote from Xaid0n :www.simviation.com and www.flightsimx.co.uk are good websites for downloads and reviews ... Avsim would have been one had someone not hacked the damn site

They never got it back up? I thought they were close to redoing everything and having it available again. Though I haven't done much of anything on the computer lately, including LFS and flying.

Quote :@ rogers - ditto on wspilots ... when do you fly there?

My GFX card crapped out (overheated). I'm back on the stock onboard chip, so there's not much other than web browsing going on with the computer. Thus, as I said above, I'm not doing much including racing and flying. When I did fly, I flew on WSP World Tour server and flew in the evenings eastern US time. I used Nighthawk as my server name and flew a lot with a guy named Satellite (WSP user name).
I recommend Flightsim.com for you to get the best freeware addons around.
Quote from mrodgers :My GFX card crapped out (overheated). I'm back on the stock onboard chip, so there's not much other than web browsing going on with the computer. Thus, as I said above, I'm not doing much including racing and flying. When I did fly, I flew on WSP World Tour server and flew in the evenings eastern US time. I used Nighthawk as my server name and flew a lot with a guy named Satellite (WSP user name).

Hehe ye I know Tim he's one cool fellow, Lives in Missouri iirc... Haven't been on FS much due to being busy (or not being bothered )... just need to get myself some cooling for my comp and a new joystick... using a Logitech Attack 3 at the moment, wanna get a Saitek X52 Pro which Satellite has
two screenies from Milford Sound, NZ:

-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S
-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S
Some images of the lady.

Attached images
airwolf 1.jpg
airwolf 2.jpg
airwolf 3.jpg
airwolf 4.jpg
2009-7-4_19-36-21-128.jpg
Quote from Luke.S :Some images of the lady.

And now you have to tell me: Where do I have to look for that Airwulf for FSX?
Installing FSX Deluxe Edition again
Quote from Scrabby :Installing FSX Deluxe Edition again

I did the same last night as I now have a 500 GB hard disk in my laptop. Tonnes of room (even in Windows) to isntall every game I can imagine... then still 300 or so GB in MacOS.
nah, just wanna do some online take-off's landings with huge planes on small airfield
It's more fun online going supersonic past someone in a helicopter :P
Is Flight Simulator X optimized for quadcores? Or is the graphics card more important? (8800 GT) I have upgraded to Phemon II 940 recently and am thinking about giving Microsoft another chance
Upgrade to FSX Service Pack 2, and it takes advantage of Multi-core machines by buffering in upcoming scenery into memory with the unused cores.

Also, does anyone know of some good sites with freeware aircraft for FSX. I've found some but they're like "OMG PAY TO REGISTER" or "OH WE HAVE NO FILES KTHX".
Quote from Luke.S :Airwolf mod here
you have to register and get privillages for it though.

Thanks for the Link. I have visited the site and decided to wait until the Final version is released.

@Dawes: Visit avsim.net. Their library is online again and there´s plenty to download (much crap as always on big sites, but always some really fine machinery).

Flight Simulator X
(190 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG