The online racing simulator
Will LFS run on eee-PC ?
(47 posts, started )
Quote from rediske :you can use any wxp-bluetooth-usb-sticks you like!

But, assuming it doesn't have some kind of internal usb connector, that will make the shape of it rather inconvenient to use with that thing sticking out of it. I have a pcmcia wlan card on my current (old) laptop which has a part sticking out of it and even that is rather annoying.
#27 - Jakg
Quote from Kegetys :But, assuming it doesn't have some kind of internal usb connector, that will make the shape of it rather inconvenient to use with that thing sticking out of it. I have a pcmcia wlan card on my current (old) laptop which has a part sticking out of it and even that is rather annoying.

Can't find a link atm, but for £11 i've seen a bluetooth dongle thats VERY small (ie extends about 5mm from the side of the laptop, almost flush with the case).

Can't find a link though

EDIT - http://www.microdirect.co.uk/P ... Info.aspx?ProductID=30433

Quote from Kegetys :But, assuming it doesn't have some kind of internal usb connector, that will make the shape of it rather inconvenient to use with that thing sticking out of it. I have a pcmcia wlan card on my current (old) laptop which has a part sticking out of it and even that is rather annoying.

it has a internal small usb connector for web cam inside. you can wire an usb hub from it or just a stripped bluetooth dongle.
Quote from rediske :what's wrong with the resolution?

that most websites are designed for a horizontal res of at least 1024
youll run into a whole bunch of horizontal scrollbars with that monitor

plus imho 1024 is the absolute minimum to fit anything worthwhile on screen
Quote from Shotglass :...youll run into a whole bunch of horizontal scrollbars with that monitor

not if you use opera... (It uses +/- keys to scale any page)
There are hacky drivers available to get 1024 wide resolutions on the eeePC, but I can only find videos of it being demonstrated in XP.

I keep humming and harring over whether to get one just to play around with, it would be great for surfing in the sunshine (if we get any) in the summer.
Bumpity Bump.

I caved and bought a 'Netbook' at the weekend. Not the Asus EeePC, but an Advent 4211 which is a MSI Wind rebadged for a UK retailer.

Has the 1.6GHz Atom CPU, 1GB RAM and some sort of onboard GPU, and XP.
Bluetooth comes as standard, and it has a proper HDD as well.

And the moment we've all been waiting for...does it play LFS ???
(Excuse the quality, filmed with phone in one hand and driving with the other).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTrDO-wfCa4

All options turned to minimum, although I left it in 32bit by mistake.
20fps with one car, drops to about 15 with 1 AI.

Certainly good enough for a bit of fun if you're bored
IMO is better to not play than playing in such crappy conditions
It will run on it. It boots up xp in less then 30 sec. And it runs world of warcraft on high graphics so i would say yes.
Uhm...
I am playing LFS in school in my Asus EEEPc 9**.
All graphics (not all, tires are with rims) turned to min., 25fps when i am one and 15-20 fps with 2 AIs.
It IS playable.
Has anyone overclocked the 901 to 1.8ghz? I have read that it is possible may kill battery by 45 mins or so.
Harjun might
#40 - Jakg
Quote from OmniMoAK :Has anyone overclocked the 901 to 1.8ghz? I have read that it is possible may kill battery by 45 mins or so.

I think the max i've seen an eee at is around 1 GHz stably.
Quote from Jakg :I think the max i've seen an eee at is around 1 GHz stably.

Different processor.

The new ones use the 1.6Ghz Atom, old ones some 900MHz thing.
#42 - Jakg
oooooooh.

ignore me then.
Okay guys, but would LFS run on a 600 mhz processor?
Quote from hyntty :Okay guys, but would LFS run on a 600 mhz processor?

Depends what you define as run. It would functionally work. I highly doubt it would visually be suitable to actually play LFS though.
Hmm... I guess I'll have to move the video card to an anoter machine (It's the video card in my house that has a "working" 4-pin (or is it 5?) s-video output)

Kinda knew that before even asking
I am thinking about getting the Asus EEE 701 when i have the money in the next couple of weeks.

I dont want it for gaming - i want it because it is ideal for taking on journeys, using in the garden etc.

It is so small and practical, i had a go on one today in Currys.

Has everything i need, Messenger, Internet, Email, Music/Video player etc.

Will LFS run on eee-PC ?
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG