The online racing simulator
The new impreza
(33 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
The new impreza
What do you guys think of the new impreza? My self, I think it is horrible, the impreza has lost it's normal look, of look at me, you know I'm fast, now it looks horrible, it seems that all new cars are hatchbacks, hopefully subaru's next impreza will go back to it's normal look.
The new STi Hatch looks awesome, especially in person, the photos don't do it in so well, but seeing it in person is totally different.

The new imprezas however are HIDEOUS and I hate them.
#3 - sam93
in the pics it has seem to lost it's bad boy look, and they also look a bit heavier then the old models, just seems to look really big just like the new civic, the old look is the best.
Woof Woof.

They should of just updated the P1 with new parts, tweaked it a bit every year and not touch the exterior.
Well it depends what you want really.

The WRX with out the wide arches and running about 230 bhp - is not a bad car - but as you say it hasnt got the looks of the Newage.

The STI tho - different matter, I would certainly consider trading in my Hawkeye for one. 300 BHP - 0 - 60 in 5.4 - its gonna be a fair mover and a little uner 24K - means its well cheap.

It took a long time for people to get used to the evolving look of the Newage - first the bugeye - then the blobeye.

Its poularity will hang on how well it does in the WRC. If it wins races - people will love it. With Marko Martin as the official WRC test Driver, it will cerainly get puts through its paces.

Theres many more changes in the car this year - not just the looks. New suspension set up for the rear, diferent engine config (electronic Map) and diff set up (ECCD).

I didnt like it at first - but seeing the STI changed my mind. I do like it.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Woof Woof.

They should of just updated the P1 with new parts, tweaked it a bit every year and not touch the exterior.

Id prefer the 22b (type UK) to a P1 anyday - although the P1 did get Super Car classification.
I like it, however the model Solberg has now is the No.1
I dont like the new look of it either. To me, the first shape was the best. I love the look of my brothers prodrive WRX. It looks understated, yet it's damn fast.

The first shape looks even better with the STi kit too in 99-00 shape.
Attached images
DSCF0006.JPG
DSCF0007.JPG
I like the one that looks like this:

All the other ones are teh suck.
/me likes, that's my wallpaper atm.
Dunno why don't you like this one, it looks so sexy and modern
Attached images
Subaru41_NE1AC5J.jpg
ok, I know you are going to look at me like at an idiot, but hear this out...
the new impreza is the logical (well...not very much of a LOGICAL) evolution of the old impreza (see Toki's pic in the prev. post.)
it's just squished from the top on the front end and someone smashed a truck into the back end...
the grille in the centre is gone from the front though which spoils the car massively...
so I kinda see where the Subarus were going with the new design...more importantly I see where they have come from...

anyways, it's ugly now, long live 22B
I hate the new sti, but i agree with the reasoning behind the new football mom car(refuse to say soccer...wait sh..). Im inexperianced and would probably get flamed if i tried to explain to detail why its so ugly now...but, in simple terms Marcus G.(i can't spell it sorry) drives a 4WD superfast hatchback & Sabastien Loeb drives a citron (not too sure about spelling here either, but therefore hatchback = better than what subaru once was?

EDIT: probably also the same reason why the evo's are running with their wings closer to the roof/glass area, something to do with aerodynamics?, only thing is the evo didn't go as far as to switch to a hatchback.
well the new sti has been (in the test's ive seen atleast) proved to be a very fast car by all acounts, much better than the new evo x
it is very ugly,imperza sti shouldnt be a hatchback.. it dont even look like a subaru,more like a renault.
HEY! it's a very nice cars, since when have you guys bought the impreza for looks? i got it and it's good, it's actually the best choice if you only have a 20k budget and can only buy brand new. it's awd and that's expensive. besides the boxer engine is my favorite piston setup.

It's basically a race car stripped down, i'd rather have this then a boosted road car, like a special edition focus or the evo.

It's nice because of the shortened and widened body, it's like the s14 in the Silvia series. It may be ugly but it's an acquired taste. I personally love everything about the old corolla(question my taste) even the styling. although i am still trying to get used to the grill. Is that what Europeans think are stylish???
All of Subaru's new lineup, 2007 and 2008+, are horrible. They all have sort of a 'Camry' cheapish style to them, big plastic pieces which supossedly try to emulate metal and nice materials. The interiors of all the new Subarus are also horrible as well. I was shopping around with cars with my friend, and they are by far the cheapest interiors I've been in, EVEN for their nice Legacy model, which is the only design I like on the outside. The buttons and knobs are all cheap feeling, and very lame in my opinion. When testing the feel of the interiors as a passenger, I already opened a broken/flimsy glovebox in the Impreza, and the knobs on the radio felt loose and not very 'solid'.

It's a shame because even though Subarus are in no way 'luxury', these new models just strike me as being very poor. It is also said that they are not doing very well in sales, despite getting 'good reviews' for some specific models. These new models have made it clear that they cannot make their cars any more premium... I always thought Subaru was going to get better in the future... but they've gone backwards. For example, look at Saturn how they used to be uber shitty, and now they've grown up to make some pretty nice looking vehicles.

As for the WRX STi Impreza... still lame, no matter what version it is. The interior is not like the old STi was, and it doesn't strike me as anything with performance.
that's why there's a thing called an "interior strip"

jk, but the interior is flimsy, isn't all japanese cars stereotyped to have cheap plastic interiors?
but it has by far the best performance out of car's in it's class. ff's don't count
there are barely no fr cars on the market that i can squeeze under 20k, and the smart is rr but sucks huge dick. and the suzki sx4 is an impreza ripoff, and it has an inline 4
You really know your cars :rolleyes:
hey! no need to mock, i was looking for a car that's more performance then amenities at 20k. this is what i came up with. It just gets better everyday. if you can wake up to a boxer engine everyday, wouldn't you love that car? and it feels incredibly stable at highway speeds. next mod: carbon steel (or whatever is a more durable material) turbo, and an old school anti-lag system!

....when the warranty expires in 3 years or so....
Quote from atlantian :
but it has by far the best performance out of car's in it's class. ff's don't count

something rather evolution [insert number here] FQ>320
^i don't get it...
Quote from andybarsblade :well the new sti has been (in the test's ive seen atleast) proved to be a very fast car by all acounts, much better than the new evo x

The impreza has always been faster then the evo, the evo has better looks though.

Also the Solberg Car is the look they should still have, it says don't even try, I will leave you standing at the traffic lights, the new one looks like it has been built so old people will like it aswell.
Quote from sam93 :The impreza has always been faster then the evo, the evo has better looks though.

Also the Solberg Car is the look they should still have, it says don't even try, I will leave you standing at the traffic lights, the new one looks like it has been built so old people will like it aswell.

sorry mate thats not true, the evo has been faster than the impreza round the track since it was first made (apart from the odd spec c or s204 specials) and im not including the uk fq range just the jdm 280s.

but they should be to, uk sti's could be had for around £24500 but the evo's have always been closer to £30000 (until the 260 came out) the impreza is bulit as more of a fast every day car but the evo isnt 4500mile service intervals for a start and in standard form the impreza is a more reilable car, evo's have had a host of silly little faults like crank walk, ayc problems, warping discs ect, not uncommon to see a impreza for sale over the 100,000 mile mark but very rare to see an evo with that mileage.
Impreza = Understeer
Evo = Boy Racer Driver Aids machine

Neither are very good cars (in my opinion).

Also, the Subaru have never looked as good as it did in 1995. Every subsequent style has raped it more and more. Only a moron would buy a post 2000 Impreza or any Evo.
Quote from tristancliffe :Impreza = Understeer
Evo = Boy Racer Driver Aids machine

Neither are very good cars (in my opinion).

Also, the Subaru have never looked as good as it did in 1995. Every subsequent style has raped it more and more. Only a moron would buy a post 2000 Impreza or any Evo.

not again tristian plssssss impreza's or any awd car is going to understeer by design but with the right setup can be made awesome, and to call an evo a boy racer driver aids machine is silly to all it has is active yaw control, if you buy an RS version it has neither. all new cars now have some form of "aids" look at bmw's and their sold as the ultimate drivers cars i agree with you about the later style cars looking lame, but you cant slag off evos calling them boy racer cars and then say only a moron would buy a post 2000 (not so boy racer) evo

The new impreza
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG