The online racing simulator
2007 games likes and dislikes, and dissapointments
worst game for me was

[SIZE=7]NEED FOR SPEED
PRO STREET[SIZE=2] wost game ive ever played to demanding on pc and just not worth the hassle and who wants to buy a game that if on easy brakes and almost will steer for you????? drifting on train rails whats up with that ill pay somone to take my NSPS off me
0/10 for the whole game no actualy 1 for the drag it was ok
most disappointing game
[SIZE=6]CRYSIS
[SIZE=2]found that near the end it dint matter how many rounds u emptied into the aliens they dint die, the rail gun doesn't work with moving objects, try shooting one of them moving alien things on the boat like you would with any other game always seem to miss.
and the lack of ammo in hard parts
Graphics 10/10
game play 7/10
storyline 4/10 seems that all fps games are the same now days
controls 10/10 dint have to set up my keys for this game was happy for that
computer demands not high i can play it on all medium on 4gb ram 256gfx 2.33ghz processor (dual core)

best game i play this year. and im gonna be fully honest, DIRT i thought was good but i have only played it 4 times so it was good till ive played carer for a bit it just got worse worse and worse its very nice on the eyes at first and gets you going but i spose i was wrong so best for me

AGE OF THE EMPIRES- Asian dynasty's
i love long games that can get u stuck into them

and crysis critics again ive now played it on hard and can finish it in a night now i know what to do it took 2 nights on normal the only bit that gets you is being stuck in the alien plant where you need to find a way out and go though them tunnel things and choke aliens because theres like 2 rounds of ammo and i wasted all mine shooting the floor after becoming weightless
Biggest disappointment: Unreal Tournament 3 and TDU..both beta (alpha???) versions released full of bugs, rendering gameplay more of a pain than a pleasure.

Most enjoyable? PORTAL...clear winner.

Personal favourite for 2007 is Call of Duty 4...somehow always got to have 'just another game' to try and get the b*st*rd who dropped me with a headshot..[rant]bloody snipers..its just legitimised camping! [/rant]
My...

Best game of 2007:

Hands down COD4.

Nothing else comes close to it IMO, Find a packed MP server, get a group of friends together, get on it, work as a team...it is pretty damn close to war.

Worst game of 2007:

CMR: Dirt

Why? Well, 1) Starforce, 3) BAD physics, 4) High system requirements and 5) a waste of a license

I know I missed something...:P

DK
Quote from Dooonster :collin mcraes DIRT
prob spelt that wrong

You spelt almost everything else wrong too, so I wouldn't get too hung up on that. While we're on the subject: The occasional punctuation mark wouldn't hurt.
Since DK already said CoD4, I'm gonna go with both Mass Effect and Mario Galaxy as my 2007 picks.

ME's story was just too short, but it's very well told. There's more info about things than you could shake a stick at and a lot of options for your character. And on higher difficulty levels it's madness. It does suffer from slowdown when there's a lot of creatures trying to kill you at the same time, and it has slow texture-loading issues, but I can forgive them when the rest of the game is so engrossing.

And what can I say about Galaxy that the reviews don't? Nothing, it's great. Camera angles sometimes switch at the most inopportune time, but that's not a big deal.

I don't have a worst game because I actually do research before buying things. I read reviews and use demos and past experience to judge games before I hand over my readies.
Biggest disappointment
Crysis for me as Farcry was my favorite game. And I thought Crysis was going to be Farcry 2 Then they us the marking to make a demo that has one map that looks to be just like farcry would be. But quickly turns into some space crap. Yeah I dont like star trac ether
Original poster somehow dislikes the PS while loving the primitive arcadeness of Dirt...
beats me...

The best game...
well...this year was GREAT for really GREAT GAMES

I'd say the winner is HL2: Episode 2 (not only I waited for it, but it also turned out to be better then I expected)

second place easily goes to Call Of Duty 4,even though the story is stupid, the gameplay is awesome

Portal at nubmer 3... well...ehm...you will be baked and there will be cake GLaDos is my favourite PC game character

Hitman : blood money is at number 4

Dissapointments

1) CMR Dirt, eye candy graphics that don't really matter and primitive physics
2) Kane and Lynch for changing the last level's atmoshpere from the great urban chaos to boring jungle... (otherwise - great game)
3) NFS Pro Street, even though it's a major improvement overall, they still allow us to bodykit supercars...
Quote from Dajmin :ME's story was just too short

did you skip all the side quests? i haven't played ME yet, but from what i've heard about it, if you do the side quests, it is a very long game...or are you considering those as no part of the story?
Hahahahaha, high system requirements? HAHAHAHAHA what do you guys EXPECT? Its 2008.
No problems with starforce for me, as long you have purchased copy.
Crysis has best graphics, extreme physics and ok storyline, just finished it yesterday.
Also if you say you cant shoot down moving aliens, thats because you cant aim, never blame it on a weapon, weapon dont fire itself and always the problem is human in this case. I can shoot down moving aliens very fine with gauss gun.

Also, DK, if you want real war, try Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. It will turn vanilla BF2 into THE most realistic war experiences today, i always feel like im really in the war!
Quote from glyphon :did you skip all the side quests? i haven't played ME yet, but from what i've heard about it, if you do the side quests, it is a very long game...or are you considering those as no part of the story?

No, I didn't skip them but I didn't get to do all the ones I wanted. I didn't realise that after I completed the story it wouldn't let me go back. And even worse, it deletes your saved games so you can't go back that way either! But even on that playthrough it recorded just over 20 hours and about 55 saves (not including auto-saves). But that time doesn't include all the attempts I made where I died. Note - you want to use any cover you can find!

I'm on my 2nd playthrough now and I'm taking my time. In fact, this time I'm going galaxy to galaxy, visiting every planet I can find. I expect this one to last about 40 hours. And when I'm done with that I'll start over again to prepare for the DLC
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Hahahahaha, high system requirements? HAHAHAHAHA what do you guys EXPECT? Its 2008.
No problems with starforce for me, as long you have purchased copy.
Crysis has best graphics, extreme physics and ok storyline, just finished it yesterday.
Also if you say you cant shoot down moving aliens, thats because you cant aim, never blame it on a weapon, weapon dont fire itself and always the problem is human in this case. I can shoot down moving aliens very fine with gauss gun.

Also, DK, if you want real war, try Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. It will turn vanilla BF2 into THE most realistic war experiences today, i always feel like im really in the war!

Got a link? And what patch do I need?
Sure, here you go, download this 0.7 client (you have to download both core and level files) , but before that you have to have battlefield 2 with latest patch 1.41 and after patched, install this mod.
I just warn you that every server may not be perfect, but once you find good server with good squads and teamwork, I can assure you love it if you are into realistic gaming.

http://www.realitymod.com/filelinks.html

And there is forum too, i would advise to check tutorials and tips there, also one very important thing I didnt mention, that please read the manual before playing, it can save you ALOT of trouble! There is even settings for filters for servers. So i strongly advise you to read it.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/

I mostly play in T&T Tactics and Teamwork server, there are mostly english people, as far as I have experienced. Devs also play too and its common to see dev's playing, mostly they play too on that server. Since it is quite popular server, it may be often full.
You guys need a MMORPG side to it

Best MMORPG of 2007:

Perfect World. The equivalent of World of Warcraft for Chinese/Japanese mythology. Client is still a bit unstable but it's only in public beta. Great novelty features and great territorial PVP system. Not to mention great graphics for a free game

Worst MMORPG of 2007:

Age of Armor. This game is very uninspired. Almost a carbon copy of Zero Online, Exteel, and Space Cowboys Online content wise. If you want a Science fiction MMORPGs: Just play EVE Online or the free RF Online.
Quote from Dooonster :
collin mcraes DIRT
i loved this game great graphics physics were spot on

You fail.
Did Stalker come out last year? If so, then that would be a highlight for me. It wasn't perfect but you could tell a lot of work went into the design and the atmospherics were always impressive. I liked the alternative endings as well, but I never got the proper 'good' ending because I didn't do something I was supposed to. Might replay through it sometime though. Good to see it's still receiving the odd patch now and then.

I missed most of the big games this (edit: last) year because I don't want to play them until I upgrade my system. I'm still looking forwards to playing Bioshock and Supreme Commander. I got FSX for XMAS but I realise thats a 2006 release...

Other games of interest that I'll get around to playing hopefully...

The Witcher
COD4
Viva Pinata
Crysis
Overlord

Worst game... No comment. If I don't like something I usually get rid of it fairly quick.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Sure, here you go, download this 0.7 client (you have to download both core and level files) , but before that you have to have battlefield 2 with latest patch 1.41 and after patched, install this mod.
I just warn you that every server may not be perfect, but once you find good server with good squads and teamwork, I can assure you love it if you are into realistic gaming.

http://www.realitymod.com/filelinks.html

And there is forum too, i would advise to check tutorials and tips there, also one very important thing I didnt mention, that please read the manual before playing, it can save you ALOT of trouble! There is even settings for filters for servers. So i strongly advise you to read it.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/

I mostly play in T&T Tactics and Teamwork server, there are mostly english people, as far as I have experienced. Devs also play too and its common to see dev's playing, mostly they play too on that server. Since it is quite popular server, it may be often full.

Thanks, I need to re-install BF2 now

/me hunts through his pile of CDs

Ironic that I know a lot of soldiers

DK
Best game of the year for me was Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Original idea, cool looking maps, great atmosphere few bugs but the greatness of the game out ways the bugs.

Worst games of the year, ermm

Clive Barker's Jericho - seriously, it had to be some sort of a piss take or something....
Quote from Madman_CZ :Best game of the year for me was Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Original idea, cool looking maps, great atmosphere few bugs but the greatness of the game out ways the bugs.

Out of the FPS games I've played lately, Stalker may have been the best. There were some... budget issues, I think - things that didn't seem like they were finished and things that hadn't been thought about for long enough - but some of the environments were awe-inspiring.

My favourite game last year was easily Portal. It doesn't matter that it was small because it was perfectly formed.
Quote from Madman_CZ :
Clive Barker's Jericho - seriously, it had to be some sort of a piss take or something....

Agreed...was a blatant joke!
I agree with the guys voting for STALKER.
It was the first shooter for quite a while that had some original elements going for it.
It was certainly a bit rough around the edges but it made up for it with originality and a unique style.
I'm certainly going to give it another run through as there is so much i missed.
It's been a very long time since i played an FPS that made me go back to it after completion.

The Half-Life 2 episodes, whilst mildly entertaining, are far to short with such a big gap between them.
Valve really should have just put the time and effort into Half-Life 3 rather that silly 2 hour episodes.
Quote from The Moose :The Half-Life 2 episodes, whilst mildly entertaining, are far to short with such a big gap between them.

And they're too blatantly on rails. One of my favourite bits of Stalker was infiltrating that huge old factory and trying to always minimise the number of people I was facing, remember where I'd spotted others, and still sneak in to pick up more ammo regularly. Not scripted at all but it was more intense than anything I remember from Half-Life. Not to mention the bit around Prypiat - that was really creepy.
Quote :Not scripted at all but it was more intense than anything I remember from Half-Life.

That last scene in EP2 where you had to blow up the walkers with the sticky bombs, that was pretty intense. That was actually probably the funnest time I've had in gaming for years. My last savegame there made victory almost impossibly difficult, 3 giant walkers about to bust the barricade. But I replayed it about 15 times and finally got there, dodging in and out of the giant legs, taking down stray hunters with my palty ammo. Intense I tellsya!

But yeah Stalker was way better
Dwarf Fortress. This game gets about 80% of my gaming time. Its amazing.
And the official results are in!
Most disappointing new game of 2007: Bioshock
Best new first person shooter of 2007: Arma Armed Assault
Worst game ending in 2007 or in gaming history overall: Crysis
Most overrated sequel/game serie of 2007: Half-Life 2 incl. Episodes, Orange Box, Portal, Team Fortress 2

And that's it.
Quote from spankmeyer :Most disappointing new game of 2007: Bioshock
Best new first person shooter of 2007: Arma Armed Assault
Worst game ending in 2007 or in gaming history overall: Crysis
Most overrated sequel/game serie of 2007: Half-Life 2 incl. Episodes, Orange Box, Portal, Team Fortress 2

And that's it.

Portal?? Overrated????

Spanky...what ARE you saying??????

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG