The online racing simulator
Visual Studio Debugger.
(21 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Visual Studio Debugger.
ever since I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 on my pc I keep getting a debugger coming up everytime is doesn't like a certain program or website, how can I disable the debugger because it is doing my head in and I don't want to uninstall visual studio 2005
I wish I knew, but even if you uninstall VS it doesn't get rid of the debugger. I had to format to get rid of it last time as it kept on preventing me from playing ArmA.
iirc the debugger is part of the .Net framework although i could be wrong..

Saying that, i code in C# with the .Net 3.5 and ive never had it interupt me if something goes wrong?

Did you install the .Net SDK?
#4 - sam93
Don't think so, how would I find out?
It would have said on installation of VS but you can also check add/remove programs and see if its in there.
#6 - sam93
don't have any SDK's in my add or remove programs. Isn't there a way of disabling it, or putting something in the code what will make it not able to work?

It is getting annoying now,I don't want to format my pc because I have alot of stuff on it and I haven't got my external hard drive yet, so I will need to get rid off it without a format.
#8 - sam93
Forgot to add, what is the debugger used on default because I have never installed a debugger on my pc, apart from the visual studio debugger what the software installed for me, been trying to delete in for ages
Dr Watson is the one that comes with Windows but it's not on by default.
I want to turn off the debugger all together really, because I don't really want to be on a website then I have to close it because of the debugger, debuggers are only for people who know what they are doing aren't they because, they bring up code and then you have to change it.

Just found the .net SDK, what should I do with it.
Find the registry key called...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug

... and delete it. Says as much in the links I mentioned above.
yes, but someone on the early posts said have you got the SDK, if I can do something with that it would be better then messing with the registry.
You want to start programming and you're not comfortable editing a registry key?
Quote from Bob Smith :You want to start programming and you're not comfortable editing a registry key?

I am comfortable about editing the registry done it plenty of times, but if there is something to learn with the SDK why not do that, oh well I will just do the registry.

How would I find out if my pc is 32-bit or 64-bit because I have forgot what one it is.

I have got 32 I think, I have a win32 folder so is that basically saying I have 32bit?
do you have a "program files (x86)" folder? otherwise it tells you in the system properties dialog
I don't have a x86 folder in program files, but it says my processor it part of the x86 family
Quote from xaotik :Find the registry key called...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug

... and delete it. Says as much in the links I mentioned above.

Do you mean delete the file or re activate the debugger because if so I don't know what Debugger Parameters to put in it, also if you mean delete the file, where would it be?
Quote from sam93 :Do you mean delete the file or re activate the debugger because if so I don't know what Debugger Parameters to put in it, also if you mean delete the file, where would it be?

I mentioned no files. Just delete the registry key I posted above and you're done - you won't have any debugger popping up whenever something crashes.
Quote from xaotik :I mentioned no files. Just delete the registry key I posted above and you're done - you won't have any debugger popping up whenever something crashes.

Ok, so how do I get the Debugger Parameters?
Quote from sam93 :Ok, so how do I get the Debugger Parameters?

The VS debugger, like most debuggers, basically just takes two parameters which are mutually exclusive - either which existing process to attach to or what app to launch and attach to. You can find them both by running "%WINDIR%\system32\vsjitdebugger.exe -?".

The simplest way to re-enable though it is via Visual Studio's options. Quite appropriately so, you'll find it all under the section called "Debugging".

I think you shouldn't complicate it any more for yourself - at least not until you learn what a debugger is. Just delete the registry key and your initial query of "how do I turn off the debugger?" will be answered.
Quote from xaotik :The VS debugger, like most debuggers, basically just takes two parameters which are mutually exclusive - either which existing process to attach to or what app to launch and attach to. You can find them both by running "%WINDIR%\system32\vsjitdebugger.exe -?".

The simplest way to re-enable though it is via Visual Studio's options. Quite appropriately so, you'll find it all under the section called "Debugging".

I think you shouldn't complicate it any more for yourself - at least not until you learn what a debugger is. Just delete the registry key and your initial query of "how do I turn off the debugger?" will be answered.

Ok, Cheers bud

Visual Studio Debugger.
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG