on the PS3, as the motion sensors dont work yet on the pc drivers. Dont know if that is true though just read it somewhere.

CSU1 I remember a while ago did a bit of BF1 and LX racing, think the main problem was the spinning due to the sudden acceleration but changing the button control to a much lower number seemed to help loads. But still the sudden twitch's of the anolog sticks can still cause spins
#77 - BYN
I've finally got a PS3 DUALSHOCK 3!
The stick feels better than the one on Xbox.

The big problem is: I've tried two drivers I found:
1) sixaxisdriver.exe
2) libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe + ps3sixaxis_en.exe

and both of them assigned the triggers to buttons...... And axes and buttons can't be remapped like the Xbox drivers...... In fact, it only has 4 axes for the two sticks only. The rest are all buttons......

Are there any drivers that assign the triggers as axes or have remapping function? Help!!
Hmm, well this sounds weird iv'e got an Xbox 360 controller which im actualy using to play LFS my Break and throttle works on the both, he must of not set it up right in controls it atleast took me 1hour and 30 minutes to suss it out my self...
what driver did you use?
I using a wired one i just plugged it in boxes come up clicked " Yes, Yes, Yes" and then i went in-game and it started all the pwnage i guess, took me a while to suss tho..
Quote from ToXiC10 :I using a wired one i just plugged it in boxes come up clicked " Yes, Yes, Yes" and then i went in-game and it started all the pwnage i guess, took me a while to suss tho..

lolz... can you share it? sounds awsome
Hmm, do you have a wired usb one??? or a wireless one... reply soon as..
I think you should buy a wheel, you can get decent wheels for £20-£30 and any wheel is better than a gamepad. I used to use a gamepad and It sucked, bought a Saitek R440 - Which is £60, not that dear compared to the G25 but the Saitek R440 is a nice wheel and I think it rules so, yeah get a wheel.
#84 - BYN
Yeah I know how good wheels are. I've used G25.

My Xbox pads work perfectly on PC. I was asking about the PS3 pad.
Mine is the DUALSHOCK 3 and it's got rumble.
I don't expect the motion sensor and rumble to work at this stage but having analogue triggers is a must......
btw, the wheels are not good unless it's the best of the best...
What basis do you say that on?

A black momo is still a decent wheel, and it's far from being the best
a DFP is a decent wheel, and it's far from being the best
G25, decent wheel, and the best consumer wheel, but far from the best best

Best of the best isn't always needed, you just need to find something that fits your needs and expect that if you pay 10$ for some shit Madcatz wheel, that it'll be shit, and games will struggle with it, etcera.
i need something that i can practice driving in...
preferably the force dynamic 401 kit, with the g25...

but i am considering what to get... the G25(tried and true) or the new porsche wheel(there are said to be very poor in quality, but it has a thicker wheel and better modeling of pedal depression)
Well, speaking as someone that's only started to drive a car, after many years of sim racing. Don't try. There are some ways that a wheel could have helped, but there's so many situations where you should forget all simracing experience.
Iv'e got a decent wheel down stairs with pedals, im gonna start using that soon..
Quote from atlantian :btw, the wheels are not good unless it's the best of the best...

No wheels are ever best of the best, I've got a Saitek R440 and its not the best, and the G25 is not the best of the best either, no wheels are the best of the best..
Thats, a true story tbh
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, speaking as someone that's only started to drive a car, after many years of sim racing. Don't try. There are some ways that a wheel could have helped, but there's so many situations where you should forget all simracing experience.

i started driving at about...12...

and btw, the best of the best is a replicated cabin on hydrualics like the force dynamic
Quote from atlantian :i need something that i can practice driving in...
)

You should get guitar hero too. That way you can practice playing guitar .......It's not the same, and never will be.
yeah... okey... but what about the cost of tires... the cost of fuel... and parts?
Quote from atlantian :yeah... okey... but what about the cost of tires... the cost of fuel... and parts?

what about it? Having the "best of the best" wheel won't make you a better driver in real life..... Just like driving an F1 car won't make you a better driver, on the road or the track.

to say that you need the "best of the best" to drive better is ignorant.
won't i learn about braking points and traction, and also throttle response if i drive/drift/race in LFS?
Thats only assuming that the physics are 100% Real Life. They aren't.

Plus your missing out on other factors that affect the way you drive IRL. G-forces, the feel of proper driving/racing speeds. The proper sounds of other cars driving near you.

I don't quite see how learning braking points on fictional tracks will be terribly beneficial in a real life racing on real life tracks.
meh, it's not like memorizing tracks... it's more like learning to corner or perfecting cornering... and i thought that the physics on LFS is pretty acurate, more so then GT
Quote from atlantian :meh, it's not like memorizing tracks... it's more like learning to corner or perfecting cornering... and i thought that the physics on LFS is pretty acurate, more so then GT

It is alot better than GT. But I'd hazard a guess that every corner on every track everywhere is different. Track temperatures, track CoF, dirt on the track are all going to effect the way you take a corner. It will help you in a sim enviorment, but not in a RL situation.

The feel of going into a corner at top speed with real repurcussions (see: bodily injury) is too frightening for most individuals. You have to learn to trust your car and not your instincts. Instincts make you cautious. Thats a good thing.

If you ignored instinct and drove into the first corner the way you do in sim racing games, you would go into the wall, or you wouldn't make it around the a whole lap.
Quote from The Radness :It is alot better than GT. But I'd hazard a guess that every corner on every track everywhere is different. Track temperatures, track CoF, dirt on the track are all going to effect the way you take a corner. It will help you in a sim enviorment, but not in a RL situation.

The feel of going into a corner at top speed with real repurcussions (see: bodily injury) is too frightening for most individuals. You have to learn to trust your car and not your instincts. Instincts make you cautious. Thats a good thing.

If you ignored instinct and drove into the first corner the way you do in sim racing games, you would go into the wall, or you wouldn't make it around the a whole lap.

that's why you would have to start slow on RL racing, warm-up laps FTW...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG