The online racing simulator
Phones (Buying Advice + Question On LG's)
(51 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Seeing as i'm totally out of the loop with phones (slowly falling in love with my E398, as it's totally indestructible!), i'm asking for your help...

My girlfriends phone became a chew toy for her dog, and it's now totally f*cked (It managed to bite down hard enough to break the LCD and crack the casing in multiple places).

She had a Pink LG Chocolate, and she now needs a new one. It needs Bluetooth, MP3 playing-functionality (preferably with a nice speaker) and a Camera. She would buy another Chocolate, but the touch buttons are a PITA and it was fairly unreliable, and it has put her off slide phones as it's already needed to be repaired once.

I'd like you to recommend me one thats cheap (ie under £50) and that is either on O2 or is unlocked.

As she's female she has an un-natural obsession with the colour Pink, so that would be a bonus but it doesn't matter.

Question 2 - Seeing as the screens all cracked, i can only see the bottom third of the screen. Without using the manual to geuss what i'm doing, is there any way to backup all the songs, pictures and texts (no memory card ) on the phone? It has a USB Data cable, if that helps. I know it's possible with Motorola's, but i'm not sure about LG's...

Thanks,
Jakg.
If we help you, will you show us pics of her?
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer : niall09 is 16 himself lol
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09
I would recommend getti...

Yeah, need some help to get some help.
#5 - Jakg
*sigh*

*IMG GONE*

Image taken on said phone.
I call lies to the whole thread, Jack doesn't have a girlfriend, he just wants a nice pink phone for himself.
#7 - Jakg
Oh damnit you've caught me!

She just texted me to say that she can't live without her phone for long enough to make a decision and is about to buy the exact same phone.

Anyone know anything about the LG software question...?
Jack, just try connecting it to a computer, if it shows up as a removable drive, then it's win, if not, go to the LG site?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Jack, just try connecting it to a computer, if it shows up as a removable drive, then it's win, if not, go to the LG site?

Yep, this is the way to go if it has a USB plug or somekind of connection. Probably need LG software on your computer, but that's what I would do with my Nokia 6500 classic. But then, it's a proper phone not some Korean dog toy.
#10 - Jakg
It does that, but it shows as removable storage.

I had a look and i *think* you can use the software, but she has the disc, and i can't find a download of it.
Quote from Jakg :
I had a look and i *think* you can use the software, but she has the disc, and i can't find a download of it.

Yeah, no software on the LG site. How crappy support. Well, you got to go to her house and computer now.
#12 - Jakg
That would be great if i didn't have 4 1,500 word essays in for Monday, and my only method of transport wasn't a mountain bike.
LGs have fairly crappy build quality lately and are flawed in many ways (touch sensitive buttons are just the most common problem)

I'd recommend the Sony Ericsson k880, nice slim, long lasting battery, nice camera, great sound, can hold up to 2Gb of flash memory, light...
plus it's not exactly new, so the prices should be lowered by quite a bit now...
i reccommend to buy my old mobile from me,samsung sgh-d600,a good phone,it´s like new,it has 2.0 MP camera,60 mb of memory,plays mp3,but its black
Splash out and get an iPhone!
niki, buy me one kthx.
Those Iphones are apperently really expensive when you go to the apple store and get one with everything for it, my aunti went it and in the end it added up to £1,500 just for a phone.

I recommand a sony erricson walkman, the k series has something wrong with the joystick and the w series doesn't seem to have that problem, I have been using sony erricsons for a few years now and they are very good and easy phones to use. I only changed makes this year as I bought a O2 Mini S, XDA. otherwise I stick to sony erricsons.

Get a sony erricson and buy her a pink case for it, the only thing is the new cases for them can be a bit fiddly to get on.
Yes, but all the hell you need is the damn phone, do you need the BT headset? NO! Do you need the Dock? NO! Spending that much money on it is ****ing retarded.
Although your GF doesn't really want a sliding phone, I would greatly recommend a Samsung D500 or D600. I've had my D500 for nearly 3 years and it has never let me down. It plays MP3's, has a half decent camera, aswell as all the usual stuff a mobile should do and best of all you can pick them up for bugger all these days.

As for you lot talking about the iPhone, what's the point in having one? It's just a flashy device which screams 'I've got too much money'.
Fair enough it can do this, that and the other while scratching your back, but it's a phone. A phone only needs to make calls and send/recieve texts. Bring back the old Nokia's! 5110 FTW!
#20 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :She just texted me to say that she can't live without her phone for long enough to make a decision and is about to buy the exact same phone.

Anyone know anything about the LG software question...?

Try the Nokia N9

Well worth the money
Quote from Jakg :...

There's no way to back up the texts. Well I say that, I have a disc with some LG software on it that came with my chocolate when I had it, but it doesn't work - at all. I looked around for quite a while for software to do the job but I couldn't find any (this was about a year ago).

I think though isn't it just mass storage, so you can drag and drop the files off.

Also, don't let her get another chocolate, they are truely awful. For my new phone I picked Nokia as I've never had any problems with them and I love the way they work. Before the LG I had a Sony K750i which was good at the time, never had any problems with the joystick myself.

There isn't much choice with LG, especially not for under £50.
Quote from pb32000 :There's no way to back up the texts. Well I say that, I have a disc with some LG software on it that came with my chocolate when I had it, but it doesn't work - at all. I looked around for quite a while for software to do the job but I couldn't find any (this was about a year ago).

I think though isn't it just mass storage, so you can drag and drop the files off.

Also, don't let her get another chocolate, they are truely awful. For my new phone I picked Nokia as I've never had any problems with them and I love the way they work. Before the LG I had a Sony K750i which was good at the time, never had any problems with the joystick myself.

There isn't much choice with LG, especially not for under £50.

I had a K750i as soon as they came out and after a year the joystick started playing up, it never wanted to go down, if you wanted to go down the joystick will just select instead. I think they have sorted them out now though, because my dad has the new K series phone forgot the name now and he hasn't had one problem with it now, I think they must have updated their joysticks.
Quote from nikimere :Splash out and get an iPhone!

Which is locked to a network, costs two arms, two legs, two testicles and a kidney and had a camera so slow they had to remove the video.
#25 - Jakg
It's on O2, which we are both on and IMO ROCKS anyway.

The iPhone sucks though :P

(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG