The online racing simulator
Quote from J@tko :Hello

Yep - Season 2 of the LFSBC will start around October-November time, and we'd love to have you compete with us

Before that, around August(ish), we'll be having a Mini-FBM Mini-series, which will be a short series with a 45% restricted FBM around a couple of AX tracks and a couple of the shorter road courses. It will only be a short series, but should be alot of fun.

Hope to see you racing with us soon

sounds great... where do i sign up?
Quote from Dizzydarryn :sounds great... where do i sign up?

Haha - we're not that organized yet

We'll get started on this a bit after the Kyoto 500 has finished.
Quote from J@tko :Haha - we're not that organized yet

We'll get started on this a bit after the Kyoto 500 has finished.

LOL, ok, ill keep checking!
Great

I'll be much more active here once my exams are over (2 down - 20 to go )

I'll (or Joe or Deko will) keep you posted on everything
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by J@tko
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by J@tko
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
I have a question, what defines a beginner? And what would be your restrictions and cut off points?
Just out of curiosity
Quote from AstroBoy :I have a question, what defines a beginner? And what would be your restrictions and cut off points?
Just out of curiosity

As a matter of fact, I'm at this minute writing out the new LFSBC minimum entry requirements. We don't actually have a maximum requirement, it's just that you consider yourself a beginner at racing. FYI, IMO I think that you're too experienced for this League, at over 20,000 miles and Sliver CTRA License.
Nah i wasnt thinking of entering i was just wondering what the requirments were as a general question incase someone else was wondering.
Quote from AstroBoy :Nah i wasnt thinking of entering i was just wondering what the requirments were as a general question incase someone else was wondering.

OK

As I said, we'll have strict minimum (we don't want n00bs ) and vauge maximum requirements. I mean, if you're 2 secs a lap faster than everyone else then its not going to be much fun
?
I've been banned from the Ventrilo server? I connected to see what impact it would have on my framerate. After a minute or so, I heard a 'dingle dingle' noise, so I went to see what was causing it. A box had come up, saying:

17:43:31 You have been banned from the server. Reason:

Yep, that's right, no reason. When I try to connect, it says I am on the banned list. Am I missing something here? Or have I been banned for no reason? BTW - my name on Ventrilo is 'QOTimSA'
Well its not our server, its Fragmaster's (thanks to them :tilt

I'll get deko to contact them and see whats up.

DW - it wasnt us that banned you
I'm sure it's just Failure testing out his new Banhammer
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm sure it's just Failure testing out his new Banhammer

(Now can you see why we've teamed up with them? )
I don't know what the deal is, and haven't been in Ventrilo for the past few days. Been too busy doing Mac things.

It might be that your IP fell under that of a banned spammer or somesuch like that. I'll check tommorow, though.

Best,
d
Sorry for the impatience, but there's a small chance I can attend round 4. If this isn't sorted by then, there's no chance! Even if you haven't made any progress towards getting me unbanned, I'd like a reply, just to reassure me
Quote from Timdpr :I've been banned from the Ventrilo server?

You are unbanned now. Reason for your ban was... well Mr. Failure has recently caught people occupying the server for their own purposes.. so you got confused with someone else or summin
For the FAQ section( cause it's a Faq thread):

You're welcome to use the ventrilo server, but please do go to the 'NDR Racing team room', (this is because many people simply stay in the main channel, when a race is going on). Of course you're welcome to use the other channels, if you contribute to the intelligent conversation going on.

If you do not have a microphone (which I suggest you should buy), do put a 'Beginners cup racer' message (or equivalent) in your comment if you are alone in the channel (=If there's a lot of strange people in the channel). The admins can't knwo who or what you are if you never say anything (and Failure's paranoid about being eavesdropped).

Was that explained confusingly enough?
Okay, thx for that. I wasn't in the NDR Team room. I'll remember the BC racer message, too.

I presume it wasn't directed at me, but I have a great microphone, since I do a lot of guitar stuff, so you'll be able to hear my mumbling nice and clear!
Quote from Timdpr :
I presume it wasn't directed at me, but I have a great microphone, since I do a lot of guitar stuff, so you'll be able to hear my mumbling nice and clear!

Quite right, it's a general tip for those without one (=microphone). As I said there are people who do scans (?) and sort of steal ventrilo servers... So to not make people think you're one of them...those... whatever
Epic bumpage. I haz question though. On the FBM, can the driver number be put on the front wing instead of the bonnet? As long as it's just as visible as it would on the cockpit? Ta!
Just a few question about Round 7 :

1) What is the track? In one thread I read as5, on an other one I read as4.
2) What about the restrictions? The GT2 aren't an universal class in LFS, so you have to precise it.
A small question regarding Round 7:

How is the pitstop defined? Is it enough if we just enter the pitlane, stop at a pit for 1 second and then continue?

Or are we required to change tyres and/or add fuel?
The pitstop isn't defined any further than what lfs consideres as one. Of course a drive thru or stop 'n go won't count as one. So for the lenght there's no restriction - last season I did just that: Just pull in for 1% of fuel, 1sec and go.
Cheers for clearing it up

Quote : last season I did just that: Just pull in for 1% of fuel, 1sec and go.

I should've done just that yesterday - I would've ended up being 5th instead of 7th

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG