The online racing simulator
Quote from juurme :O and i saw that im going to race at Round 3.5 and 8 and is Round 3.5 same as 3 ?

Ah - sorry, I forgot that you continentals have , instead of . in numbers.

In English, it means 3 and 5 and 8.

Sorry for confusion!

Quote from juurme :And there is UF-BR/XF-JR and the XF-JR is much much faster than UF...Or what

The UF-BR is UFR w/ 45%
The XF-JR is XFR w/ 43%.
They are as fast as each other.
I have 13 now. Can I use my NTCC skin?

P.S. I was 12 two days ago! (11 Jan 2008)
Can i join ? Is there a free place for me I wonder to make a number on my skin but i don't know my number
Wait.. do we need to make our own skin with our number on it??? I can't make skins.
Quote from Fredthebest :Wait.. do we need to make our own skin with our number on it??? I can't make skins.

Just get any skin and plonk a number on it - its what I did.

I've just looked in my extensive skin collection - I have almost every number apart from 36. sorry
Quote from Fredthebest :Wait.. do we need to make our own skin with our number on it??? I can't make skins.

Theres no such word as Can't

If you really cant be bothered to make a good skin, grab a default skin, whack some random colours on it with MS Paint, put your number on it and there you go.
Quote from JO53PHS :Theres no such word as Can't

If you really cant be bothered to make a good skin, grab a default skin, whack some random colours on it with MS Paint, put your number on it and there you go.

"Can't" is a legitimate contraction of cannot.
"cant" is completely out of context here, being the phraseology peculiar to a particular class, party, profession, etc.: the cant of the fashion industry.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Can you just clarify this for me please...

After the safety car is in the pits & the Green Flag message appears when exactly is overtaking permitted?

Is it as soon as the Green Flag RCM is displayed?
Is it the moment when the leader crosses the start/finish line?
Or are you allowed to overtake the car infront as soon as it has crossed the line?

It would appear that it is the first one...infact I'm almost positive it is, but I just want to check...

As soon as the Green Flag RCM is displayed, yes.

d
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Can you just clarify this for me please...

After the safety car is in the pits & the Green Flag message appears when exactly is overtaking permitted?

Is it as soon as the Green Flag RCM is displayed?
Is it the moment when the leader crosses the start/finish line?
Or are you allowed to overtake the car infront as soon as it has crossed the line?

It would appear that it is the first one...infact I'm almost positive it is, but I just want to check...

From the rules:
8. When the SC enters the pitlane, Race Control will display a message saying, “Safety Car In Pits” to indicate that it is off the track. At this point, the RCM will change to “GREEN FLAG” and the leader is free to restart. Once the RCM message changes and the leader begins to accelerate, overtaking is permitted. Until then, it is forbidden.

So as soon the leader puts its foot down you are cleared to pass.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Yeah I thought as much. Just checking because what confused me is that I don't how the guys far behind the leader know exactly when he accelerates. Sure they see the green flag but they can't tell when to step on it. Heh, well I can't!

Its a bit confusing for the ones at the end of the field and i have never seen a rule like this in real racing
Normally you cleared to pass as soon the leader crosses the start/finsish line. So its absolute clear when to overtake.
Quote from EveningStar :Its a bit confusing for the ones at the end of the field and i have never seen a rule like this in real racing
Normally you cleared to pass as soon the leader crosses the start/finsish line. So its absolute clear when to overtake.

Normally you can only pass or be passed once YOU have passed the start finish line...
Quote from Marlbro :Normally you can only pass or be passed once YOU have passed the start finish line...

Marlbro is correct here - the rule in real racing is that overtaking may only take place once YOU have passed the start line. The GREEN FLAG message is only an indicator that racing shall start again when you pass the start line.

If you decide to make the rules concerning this different (say, you may pass as soon as GREEN FLAG is displayed on screen), you must make this absolutely clear, as it is not the usual way of restarting in real life.
2 questions: 1, do i have to paste my number on my skin?€: made a fast skin
2, whats the pass to server 1?
is this ok?:
Quote from Stefani24 :2 questions: 1, do i have to paste my number on my skin?€: made a fast skin
2, whats the pass to server 1?
is this ok?:

Skin is fine

Pass is '*****'
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by J@tko
-
(dougie-lampkin) DELETED by J@tko
Posts moved to here, in case you were wondering.
-
(kABLiuks) DELETED by JO53PHS
-
(J@tko) DELETED by JO53PHS
Server Q
Are non-competitors allowed on the server?

Just curious

DK
well the server hasn't been full during a race yet, so I doubt anyone would mind.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Are non-competitors allowed on the server?

Just curious

DK

Yes, as long as:
  1. It's not full
  2. You don't lag.
I PM'd you about what was going on

DK
Hey guys, I just found your subforum here. Im interested in running some races/hotlaps with you guys.

I have had S2 for about a year but only played it occasionally, I have a few weeks experience with a non FFB steering wheel setup, mostly drifting, but just last week I upgraded to a DFP. Drifting is a lot tougher but now my racing seems to be smoother and more precise, but I still sometimes brake early and late, sometimes take turns too slow, you know, beginner type stuff Im not afraid to get out of the way on track if someone is all over me and I always aim to race clean.

Ill look for your server the next time I hop online.
Quote from boogie van :Hey guys, I just found your subforum here. Im interested in running some races/hotlaps with you guys.

I have had S2 for about a year but only played it occasionally, I have a few weeks experience with a non FFB steering wheel setup, mostly drifting, but just last week I upgraded to a DFP. Drifting is a lot tougher but now my racing seems to be smoother and more precise, but I still sometimes brake early and late, sometimes take turns too slow, you know, beginner type stuff Im not afraid to get out of the way on track if someone is all over me and I always aim to race clean.

Hi Boogie Van

You've just missed our first season

We're having a fun session on Saturday night @ 2pm Eastern on [DR] Server 1 - you're welcome to join us

The next season will be October/November time

You'll be welcome then.
Quote from boogie van :Hey guys, I just found your subforum here. Im interested in running some races/hotlaps with you guys.

Thanks for your interest. The next LFS Beginner's Cup won't be untill about novemeber time, but do take a look at our other events.

We are also holding a 'just for fun' Baby-FBM evening this saturday, which is open to everyone - Feel free to come along

EDIT: Damn you Jack - beat me this time.
EDIT from Jack: Again!
EDIT: But my post had a link to the info!
Thanks for the quick reply. Ill download the tracks from the other thread, get a car ready, and try to meet up with you guys this weekend..

Pretty awesome they are autocross layouts, thats probably my favorite thing to do in LFS.
hey guys, also a super newbie on LFS, had it for bout a week, race with DFP (bought on saturday). Super keen on this sort of thing, i see season 2 starts nov... how much is happen before then, relating to this beginners cup...
Hello

Yep - Season 2 of the LFSBC will start around October-November time, and we'd love to have you compete with us

Before that, around August(ish), we'll be having a Mini-FBM Mini-series, which will be a short series with a 45% restricted FBM around a couple of AX tracks and a couple of the shorter road courses. It will only be a short series, but should be alot of fun.

Hope to see you racing with us soon

Q & A Thread and Frequently Asked Questions
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG