The online racing simulator
Silly limitations?
(30 posts, started )
Silly limitations?
If I want to have some fun and add loads of AIs with a F1 car on a rally track I should really be able to do so.
Realistic or not.
If I want to have some fun with 20 crazed, sex mad blondes in a 40th floor New York apartment I should really be able to do so. Realistic or not.

How dare Scawen not cater for our whims!
Quote from Trondhe :If I want to have some fun and add loads of AIs with a F1 car on a rally track I should really be able to do so.
Realistic or not.

I fear that Santa will sail past your window at speed, pausing only to fart.
#4 - Gunn
Quote from Trondhe :If I want to have some fun and add loads of AIs with a F1 car on a rally track I should really be able to do so.
Realistic or not.

Go get 'em tiger! How dare they restrict the silliness! Burn the stands! Riot in the streets!
Damn, you guys are pretty harsh with people like him

Always remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers

I guess the reason is, that Scawen didn't want to waste time on coding behaviour for BF1 AIs on a rallycrosstrack, and since they have no offroad-tires at all it's pretty useless after all..
#6 - Gunn
Quote from Mr.Muh :Damn, you guys are pretty harsh with people like him

Always remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers

In this case there are no questions at all.
+ it's no restriction, it's just content that isn't developed..
Trondhe's sim is going to be awesome. You'll be able to use F1 cars on rally stages, and ICBMs in drag races...
I want to ride those ICBMs like a horse!!! No point in doing it otherwise.

Like that?
Quote from tristancliffe :If I want to have some fun with 20 crazed, sex mad blondes in a 40th floor New York apartment I should really be able to do so. Realistic or not.

How dare Scawen not cater for our whims!

I laugh at your sillyness, there is a difference between adding a code limiting somthing in the game, and adding loads of new code just to be able to do your "funny" addition

Quote from Mr.Muh :+ it's no restriction, it's just content that isn't developed..

No, its a added code not allowing to use cars that cant use off-road tyres on rally courses
Quote from tristancliffe :Trondhe's sim is going to be awesome. You'll be able to use F1 cars on rally stages, and ICBMs in drag races...

A F1 car with off-road tyres and a high ground clearance, perfect!
#12 - Woz
Quote from Trondhe :No, its a added code not allowing to use cars that cant use off-road tyres on rally courses

lol.

If you think its just a simple flag that needs to be changed you have little understanding on writing software.

To allow rally tyres on BF1 would probably be simple BUT and this is the killer. The AI would not have been tested or even created with the idea they would need to drive the BF1 on a rally track. So there would be the changes required to allow that. The countless hours testing by developers and beta testers to make sure they function right etc etc. If you followed the test patch in the forum yyou will have noticed all the bugs reported in the AI before they were fixed in Y.

After all that you might use it once then realise its not as fun as you first tought.

HTH
Quote from Trondhe :A F1 car with off-road tyres and a high ground clearance, perfect!

Hmm...

Do you not think that adding such an option wouldn't seriously destroy LFS's credibility and be the kind of thing Scawen doesn't want to do. The fact that the BF1 is currently the fastest rally car just shows that LFS seriously needs breakable aerodynamic devices and proper suspension damage, not to mention realistic setup limits...
#14 - JTbo
If that limitation would removed, we would have 20 perfectly good F1 cars wrecked at first corner on gravel section, so it is there for reason, it would need huge amount of work to get AI cars to work with that combo so that is why it has not been made.
really the fastest rally car?
or doesn't it use the few asphalt strips way better than any other real rally car?

me thinks it does, thus not being 'the' best rally car.
i mean what if, it has to compete on gravel only tracks?

regards
Quote from micha1980de :really the fastest rally car?
or doesn't it use the few asphalt strips way better than any other real rally car?

me thinks it does, thus not being 'the' best rally car.
i mean what if, it has to compete on gravel only tracks?

regards

On the current LFS rallycross tracks it's the fastest car by a long way, not easy to drive though there was a thread and a server for them a while back. With traction control they are easy to drive, seem to have a lot of grip while on slicks and the downforce model isn't advanced enough to simulate bottoming out and changing ride height properly so they still get downforce.
i think you didn't quite got my point there.
try to see the difference between the bf1 on gravel only and how she handles.
And then tell me if she still could compete to a full blown 4x4 rallycross monster like the rb4.
Sure the bf1 is fastest, but only because every rallycross track has some asphalt sections which the bf1 can make way better use of than the rb4, despite the imperfections statet from you.

regards
Quote from micha1980de :i think you didn't quite got my point there.

Yes he did, and he obviously knows that the BF1 is faster than the RB4.
Quote from micha1980de :i think you didn't quite got my point there.
try to see the difference between the bf1 on gravel only and how she handles.
And then tell me if she still could compete to a full blown 4x4 rallycross monster like the rb4.
Sure the bf1 is fastest, but only because every rallycross track has some asphalt sections which the bf1 can make way better use of than the rb4, despite the imperfections statet from you.

regards

I'm pretty sure it was faster because as I explained traction wasn't an issue and it could have effective downforce, IIRC it was about 15 seconds a lap faster round Bl rx than the RB4.
What about that Fern Bay Rallyecrosstrack with 100% dirt?

all the rallycross tracks have asphalt portions/sections in them every lap, surely the bf1 is way faster there than on the gravel.
I say the bf1 is overall NOT faster, and let's stick to it by saying you can trotle up only as fast as the rb4 can and top speed is met by the rb4 too on the asphalt portions.
which virtually leaves gravel --only-- to compare the 'offroad' abilities of the bf1.
and that's what doesn't make me think about the bf1 as fastest rallycross vehicle.
sorry if i'm too stupid to see your points, and who knows, maybee i'm all wrong there.
let's try and find it out on a server...

regards
Quote from Mr.Muh :What about that Fern Bay Rallyecrosstrack with 100% dirt?

nope, the stretch is asphalt, not gravel...
Quote from micha1980de :
sorry if i'm too stupid to see your points, and who knows, maybee i'm all wrong there.
let's try and find it out on a server...

I was basically just trying to say it was silly that the BF1 could make it round a rallycross course let alone beat the RB4 by a long way. The technicalities of it don't matter I think we all agree here that an F1 wouldn't be able to drive on a rx track IRL
Quote from ajp71 :...I think we all agree here that an F1 wouldn't be able to drive on a rx track IRL ...

agreed
Realistic or not.

Worst Idea Ever. Enough Said.

This is an online racing SIMULATOR. With the whole aim of being as realistic as it gets. With that in mind, do you really think that say.. Lewis Hamilton will drive the Maclaren Mercadies F1 car around a rally stage/circuit? Somehow i think not.

Silly limitations?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG