The online racing simulator
The "DEATH GRIP"
(126 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :Yeah, I try, I am pulling at the wheel so hard I almost pull the damn thing off the desk.

Must try and learn to relax.

in some intense races I did pull it off the desk... now its secured with a bolt
Quote from xaotik :Nah - galvanized pipes and heavy duty industrial T joints with bolts.

50 grapevines at their current age + the grapes they can produce weigh >500 kilos. Add to that the occurance of winds up to 8-9 on the Beaufort scale. You can actually see the whole structure bending with each gust - it's quite impressive.

Well, I got my desk bolted to the wall - it's actually a big shelf I made myself out of two MDF sheets and industrial grade shelf supports (as barely seen here). Sadly my Logitech EX doesn't output much force really even at 150%, and as I mentioned earlier I don't put up much of a fight with it.

Wait til one day you see my real name. :P

Quite the handyman aren't we? Tally Ho!
Quote from mantis9 :I used to do that, and then one day I moved the desk I was pulling so hard. So now, I dont clamp the wheel onto the desk as hard, it forces me to be gentle with it otherwise I pull it of the desk!

One thing I cant stop doing and have done since the start, is tilting my head to the side. No matter how hard I try, my head very slowly tilts over to the right and down slightly throughout the race.
By the end of the race Im looking at the screen from a very weird angle, then I realise and straighten up. Anyone else do that?

dude! I like, do exactly the same thing.... But they told me one of my eyes sees better, and that might be the reason. I also wear glasses with different lenses, XD
#79 - JTbo
Quote from Mazz4200 :
I don't know if you were being serious about making this thing or just being polite but here's some plans for a cockpit which should give you some idea's of the dimensions and build.

Thanks from those, I plan on using geometry from one of my cars as guideline too, but those draving should help too

Btw, my old Volvo don't rattle when I take my cam mount off from it, also there is no vibrations or shaking either, that is lot better than new Korean Chevrolets
I usually have one hand with death grip, the other is just there for shifting. Otherwise i might aswell have one hand.
haha, great topic!
But really, i thought sth wuz wrong with me... I thought I play too much cos my right foot and tendons sometimes feel burning pain. And yes I lean to left in time...haha, so it happens to other people, thank God!
Me being a doctor started me to think what symptoms and early stages of what disorders was i starting to feel, but....it's just too much time spent over that damn wheel(g25), and especially since i discovered lfs
Ok, I'm starting to believe I have a problem

Like I wrote before, I tend to sweat a lot while concentrating and racing hard. It's really irrititating to have to have a shower everytime after playing a god damn computer game.

Today I went online wearing my heart rate monitor, and after an hour of racing it had recorded a maximum of 172 beats per minute! That's equilevant to quite fast running. Average bpm wasn't that bad, only 120 which I get by walking the stairs down to the street.

Obviously the problem isn't physical, as I can't believe that spinning the wheel and pushing pedals would compare to fast jog. But when concentrating hard and driving on the limit I tend to strech all unnecessary muscles ridiculous amounts.

Are there others fighting with this phreak problem? Do you have any tips how could I start to train myself out of this habit?
When I'm in a heated race I chew the sides of my tongue off.

Since I started racing on SS2 I can't taste wine anymore.
Quote from frokki :Ok, I'm starting to believe I have a problem

Like I wrote before, I tend to sweat a lot while concentrating and racing hard. It's really irrititating to have to have a shower everytime after playing a god damn computer game.

Today I went online wearing my heart rate monitor, and after an hour of racing it had recorded a maximum of 172 beats per minute! That's equilevant to quite fast running. Average bpm wasn't that bad, only 120 which I get by walking the stairs down to the street.

Obviously the problem isn't physical, as I can't believe that spinning the wheel and pushing pedals would compare to fast jog. But when concentrating hard and driving on the limit I tend to strech all unnecessary muscles ridiculous amounts.

Are there others fighting with this phreak problem? Do you have any tips how could I start to train myself out of this habit?

Its not a freak problem at all...believe it or not, your increased pulse rate is due to adrenalin. I get the same effect watching a football match on TV..(unless its a boring game! )
If you are reasonably fit, you should have nothing to worry about, but if you are, lets say, a it on the LARGE size, then it might be an idea to get a Doc to check you over...after all, would be a bit silly dropping dead while playing a computer game!!!
I'd say on the contrary, LFS is rather good for your health. It gives fa... um, people with heavy bones and/or lazy people a workout. Sure it's not much, but hey, better than nothing. If a little adrenaline induced increased heart rate already puts you in heart attack territory, then you were a lost cause anyway. Might as well have dropped dead when randomly spotting a flight of stairs then, as the mere thought was enough to put you out.
Hi and greetings from the shower again!

This isn't fun at all anymore. My racing hours have reduced significally because of this stupid problem, it's no longer a "sit and go hobby", it's a "take off all your clothes, restart your pc into windows, update antivirus software, run lfs, get sweaty, have a shower, wear some clean clothes, restart the pc again and file a few reports" -hobby.

On summer it's a lot worse since my apartment is 4-5deg. celsius hotter!

- frokki, bmi 18
theres something upsetting about the thought of racing a naked skinny finn
could be worse though we could have a wet monaco to race on... i dont even want to imagine being rammed up the backside by a naked skinny finn
I don't want to imagine being rammed up the backside by anyone...
Quote from frokki :Hi and greetings from the shower again!

This isn't fun at all anymore. My racing hours have reduced significally because of this stupid problem, it's no longer a "sit and go hobby", it's a "take off all your clothes, restart your pc into windows, update antivirus software, run lfs, get sweaty, have a shower, wear some clean clothes, restart the pc again and file a few reports" -hobby.

On summer it's a lot worse since my apartment is 4-5deg. celsius hotter!

- frokki, bmi 18

This is the matter of Italian t-shirts. Spaghetti as arms I mean

Do some workout boy !
Quote from AndroidXP :I don't want to imagine being rammed up the backside by anyone...

That`s what could happen, when you are in front
Not a big problem for you, I guess
Quote from AndroidXP :I don't want to imagine being rammed up the backside by anyone...

Aha...so the reason Kev never wins is because he is just so homophobic, fearing the guy behind him and therefore needs to be last. I see it now.
Quote from Blackout :Aha...so the reason Kev never wins is because he is just so homophobic, fearing the guy behind him and therefore needs to be last. I see it now.

If I had a GAY guy behind me, I would make world records on every lap !

Aha - What an interesting idea. Any good gay racers out there ??
Although long hours of LFS has made indentations were i put my thumbs, I'm surprised with how well I can feel the car with a loose grip.
No problem with over-gripping or tense legs etc, but I find I tend to hold my breath and only inhale/exhale during the straights

Makes for some weird noises on teamspeak plus others can usually tell when I'm on a good lap!
Quote from HVS5b :but I find I tend to hold my breath and only inhale/exhale during the straights

Yup, I do that on the bike, I always tend to hold my breath when cornering hard on the track
When I just do a normal race, with the door of the chambre of LFS shut, or almost closed it WILL get hot in there after 10 minutes of driving, not the optimum way of driving =P.
Quote from HVS5b :No problem with over-gripping or tense legs etc, but I find I tend to hold my breath and only inhale/exhale during the straights

Same here. I suspect that it's one of the factors that raise the pulse.
I used to have the 'Death Grip' problem too, and found a solution.

I enjoy mountain biking and have a set of gloves I use to ride with that have grips on the underneath. Gave them a try with my G25... what a difference!

I find with the added grip they give me, I grip the wheel more softly and thus avoid the 'death grip' problem. I seem to be better with the gloves on too, and although this might be a bit of an illusion it sure feels better to me.

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/ ... N/4345/v/2/sp/2%20target=

These are the gloves I use... they are well ventilated so your hands stay cool too and they reduce the amount my hands sweat than when I'm directly holding onto the wheel.

I also find that now when I go back to not wearing the gloves it feels very strange indeed!

Anyone else use gloves?
I use gloves sometimes, but still getting used to em.
They are very good for gripping a g25 (bike gloves, that is), and they protect my thumbs from the stiches on the inside of the wheel, where the thumbrests are. I grip pretty hard there, up to the point of skinning my right thumb till it bled during last weeks OWRL.

Thing is, I cant type with the gloves on...
I use fingerless biking gloves when using my G25. I love using them, gives me much more of a nicer feel when using it.

The "DEATH GRIP"
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG