The online racing simulator
Is FOX dead with new BMW?
(45 posts, started )
#26 - joen
Quote from Speed Soro :There are too many formulas in LFS right now and I don't see it is good for the consistence of the servers and the community.

Total ammount of cars in LFS: 20
Total amount of singleseaters in LFS: 5

What's your point again?
Also, I didn't get the memo in which you were appointed an authority in this. Having an opinion is fine, presenting it as a fact is not.

I wouldn't mind even more singleseaters, a 70's/80's F1 would be incredible.

Quote :
I also believe that slower cars give closer races, with less accidents, less stress and more fun.

Well, that's your opinion and preference and nobody is stopping you from choosing your own favourite car. How about granting other people that same choice?

There can never be too many of whatever type of car in LFS. People will choose for themselves what they drive.

Quote :
Again, of course it is just my opinion, but I won't see any problem forgeting the FOX.

Good for you, but I would.

The idea of removing any car from LFS is utter stupidity bordering on insanity.

Quote :(BTW, it is time to start having some real-life tracks too )

Show me the mooonneeeyyyyy!!111
Quote from Speed Soro :There are too many formulas in LFS right now and I don't see it is good for the consistence of the servers and the community.

That is your opinion, not anything which can be substantiated with data. And the popularity of FOX/FBM servers proves that such an opinion is clearly the minority.
Quote from joen :Total ammount of cars in LFS: 20
Total amount of singleseaters in LFS: 5

What's your point again?

The point is now we have four single seaters that (mostly):
1. Look the same
2. Drive the same
3. Are different in only how much power they have

Now of course it's true that FO8 (best of the bunch, in my opinion) is different from FOX - but you can't argue that differences between XRT, RB4 or FZ5 are very much more interesting.
the BMW is really bad, i don't really like it that much, maybe because i haven't driven it with my wheel yet, only with a keyboard.

the FOX travels at much more exquisate speeds for my liking, and the handling of that is rather immense.

It could be arguable that there is also a lot more setups for the FOX.

Thank you very much indeed.
Harjun.
Quote from nigelpm :Dear me.

To imagine the FOX dying is very unlikely.

It's one of the most popular cars right now.

Clearly it will be used less though.

I think the popularity of F1 will improve significantly with Y though - it just feels much better

I think the popularity of F1 will improve significantly with Y though - it just feels much better

I agree it seems like we get closer racing now with the new car.
Quote from harjun :the BMW is really bad, i don't really like it that much, maybe because i haven't driven it with my wheel yet, only with a keyboard.

the FOX travels at much more exquisate speeds for my liking, and the handling of that is rather immense.

It could be arguable that there is also a lot more setups for the FOX.

Thank you very much indeed.
Harjun.

:doh: its a test patch where we test the car and other things and even them out and its easier to control the car now with a wheel.
Quote from spankmeyer :The point is now we have four single seaters that (mostly):
1. Look the same
2. Drive the same

1. No they don't, they all look very different from one another.
2. No they don't, the handling of the single seaters varies greatly. Even the FBM and FOX which are the closest in power have very different handling characteristics.
3. Whilst it is the most obvious difference between the cars, it is ignorant to say the difference in power is the only difference.
Ofcourse FBM will be popular for first few weeks since it's a new car and a pretty good one, but I'm so used to FOX already that FBM feels kinda slow.

Anyways, I see this as a great oppoturnity to get some quality racing on FOX servers since FBM will be most likely become the new beginner formula.
Quote from count.bazley :
1. No they don't, they all look very different from one another.
2. No they don't, the handling of the single seaters varies greatly. Even the FBM and FOX which are the closest in power have very different handling characteristics.
3. Whilst it is the most obvious difference between the cars, it is ignorant to say the difference in power is the only difference.

I love your lack of backing your statements.

My turn:

1. Yes, they all have the same body shape principles (efficient aerodynamics).
2. Yes, they all have the same handling characteristics:
–light weight
–rear-engined
–all rely on downforce
–all have slicks (does FBM have slicks?)
–minimal suspension travel
3. Power is the main difference between the cars, as nearly all aspects are – in principal – the same. (Read above)

Again, the other cars are much further apart as there are fundamental engineering differences between them ranging from weight, power, driven wheels, engine placement, turbos, driver position, Coco-Puffs on the floor of my XRT which I do not have in my LX6 as the wind blew them straight out from the package when I tried to have a snack on Aston main straight.
Quote from faster111 :I think the popularity of F1 will improve significantly with Y though - it just feels much better

Yes I'm sure the release of a patch for a niche computer simulation will have a massive impact on the popularity of a multi-billion pound business.

Thanks for the entertainment you two. I was worrying the forum might get boring.
#36 - joen
Quote from spankmeyer :The point is now we have four single seaters that (mostly):
1. Look the same
2. Drive the same

Now of course it's true that FO8 (best of the bunch, in my opinion) is different from FOX - but you can't argue that differences between XRT, RB4 or FZ5 are very much more interesting.

Well apart from not agreeing on all three aspects (I don't really think any explainination is needed. The MRT looks very different from the FOX and the FOX looks very different from the BF1), it still doesn't hold anything against the statement that LFS has too many singleseaters. He didn't say anything about driving characteristics or looks, he just said there are too many and then period. Which is a stupid statement. After all, LFS could have a Formula Ford for instance which has no downforce (neither does the MRT btw) yet it is a singleseater.
And well yeah, it's kind of hard (and ridiculous) to make a front engined singleseater car, so that argument is kind of easy. Oh, and the BF1 doesn't have slicks btw.
Don´t worry folks. FOX isn´t gonna die.
I would be more worried about the future of FO8 and BF1.
But I just mean MORE worried, those cars are still gonna maintain their popularity.
Peope will get tired to the new shiny FBM and want to ride tose good ol´ single- seaters.
Quote from ajp71 :Yes I'm sure the release of a patch for a niche computer simulation will have a massive impact on the popularity of a multi-billion pound business.

maybe they'll even use a sim as a test base for a TV compitition
Quote from spankmeyer :I love your lack of backing your statements.

My turn:

1. Yes, they all have the same body shape principles (efficient aerodynamics).
2. Yes, they all have the same handling characteristics:
–light weight
–rear-engined
–all rely on downforce
3. Power is the main difference between the cars, as nearly all aspects are – in principal – the same. (Read above)

Again, the other cars are much further apart as there are fundamental engineering differences between them ranging from weight, power, driven wheels, engine placement, turbos, driver position, Coco-Puffs on the floor of my XRT which I do not have in my LX6 as the wind blew them straight out from the package when I tried to have a snack on Aston main straight.

hmm, great arguments... Obviously you don't drive them very often.
PS: BF1 doesn't have slicks
#40 - adin
i made some laps in FOX today (first in the X30-X31 patch) and I must say: FOX is a lot better than FBM for me. more fun from the driving etc.
Quote from spankmeyer :2. Yes, they all have the same handling characteristics:
–light weight
–rear-engined
–all rely on downforce

I'd just like to point out that none of those are handling characteristics, just specs.
Quote from spankmeyer :
2. Yes, they all have the same handling characteristics

LOL. Have you actually even driven the cars? To say the FBM is like the FOX is pure folly. Even without FFB the handling differences are bleeding obvious.
Quote from count.bazley :I'd just like to point out that none of those are handling characteristics, just specs.

And those specs just happen to make the most of their handling characteristics.

Lighten up guys, I do have driven the formula cars (to the dude pointing out something about the MRT, go see my earlier post) and like I said, the FO8 is the best in my opinion as it busts your nuts faster than you can say 'Not so fast I'm gonna squirt!'.

You guys need to go out more often and get some lady friends to sit on the co-drivers seat.

Oh right... you didn't have one.
Quote from spankmeyer :
Oh right... you didn't have one.

Way to lower the level of discourse to that found on an elementary school playground. :rolleyes:
So, FOX won't die...

Is FOX dead with new BMW?
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG