The online racing simulator
Is FOX dead with new BMW?
(45 posts, started )
It's supposed to think that the new BMW, mainly because it's a representation of a real car, could kill the FOX?

Or not?
I dont think so at all. The fox is more challenging now Give it time - a few weeks, people will get bored and return to the old too
now fox for me sucks
The FBM is quite a different car to drive than the FOX. The FOX is also arguable the most popular car in LFS at the moment so it won't be going away. I will still most of my LFS time FOXing, but the FBM may become my 2nd choice.
Although the FOX's engine feels dead now, I don't think it won't be used anymore, they are different cars and can't replace each other..
Quote from Mr.Muh :Although the FOX's engine feels dead now, I don't think it won't be used anymore, they are different cars and can't replace each other..

i feel the same, the one who is dead is the engine
Dear me.

To imagine the FOX dying is very unlikely.

It's one of the most popular cars right now.

Clearly it will be used less though.

I think the popularity of F1 will improve significantly with Y though - it just feels much better
But lets be honest, there are many dead cars in LFS right now, and we like them, but don't use them: RAC, LX4, MRT, FZ5, UFR.

FOX, F8 and BF1 for me are dead cars (the last two always were). Of course it is just my preferences.

I would prefer a well designed, with better textures and more cockpit details of a small bunch of cars than a enourmous variety of cars that nobody play.
AAAND - if you put the fox with 7Kgs penalty and 16% (I think its 17 cant recall right now)
restriction, it has the same power-to-weight as the FBMW, but slower acceleration and higher cornering speed. This means you can put foxes vs Fbemers!
But formulas are for single class championship...
I think FOX is ded but not hope so. When we get BMW F1 die FO8
Well, there could be some merit to the concern the FOX might take a big hit in popularity. I think one of the main reasons it became so popular in the first place is that it was the lowest powered formula car, and thus the most controllable. However, I doubt it will outright die, seeing that nothing has changed in its difficulty to drive. Now the popularity will just be split up between the easy- and the very easy to drive single seater.
i actually prefer FOX over FBM..
cuz FBM is a bit...slow
While the FB02 is down by what, like 60ish horsepower I believe, look at it this way.

Times will be slower, in fact the whole car is completely slower by roughly 5 seconds (test by AI first use; FOX vs FB02) at blackwood.

But look at it this way; how close are the races in the cars such as the UF1k, GTi etc.? Pretty darn close, and same with the MRT5, this is just opening up a closer racing style for large open wheelers.

After having a few races at the new SO track with 20+ people, we got jammed up, not wrecking each other (although that happened a bit lol), but that is one fun as hell car to be right on someone's ass and not have many worries like you do with dirty air in the Formula 1.

Which I bet is what we will see with the V1 series, is a bunch of knuckleheads racing like the SCCA Miata races (if anyone gets what i'm talking about lol), if you don't, basically those guys beat the crap out of each other quite a bit, but when V1 starts, I'd expect a LOT of action.
I dunno, I think the FOX will still be popular. I find the FBM a little bit too easy to control, its more understeer than oversteer. I have yet to race it properly though and I was using the default setup,but its seems mighty hard to get the tail out even with the lowest downforce settings . In fact, I couldn't really tell the difference between lowest downforce and highest down force around Blackwood.
Quote from DratsaB :I dunno, I think the FOX will still be popular. I find the FBM a little bit too easy to control, its more understeer than oversteer. I have yet to race it properly though and I was using the default setup,but its seems mighty hard to get the tail out even with the lowest downforce settings . In fact, I couldn't really tell the difference between lowest downforce and highest down force around Blackwood.

Don't forget that the default setup has like 100kN front anti roll but none at the rear :shhh:
No, I think that the FOX is best choice between FBM and FO8. Maybe good choice if somebody want to drive FO8 and havent got skills for that.
The FOX engine has been totally castrated, though. It feels SOOO lazy. 7krpm feels like about 3krpm in a diesel car. It used to be a bit of a firecracker, now it's a soggy, trampled pillow.
I got a dumb question (since i didn't realy followed the huge post about the new update), but you seems to talk like if you had tryed the FBM. Is the patch already aviable?

Sorry for the offtopic

Edit: Ho damn, i didn't saw the "Test Patch Forum". Sorry, it was really a dumb question
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

CLICK
There are too many formulas in LFS right now and I don't see it is good for the consistence of the servers and the community.

I also believe that slower cars give closer races, with less accidents, less stress and more fun.

And it is a real-life based car, which is more attractive (BTW, it is time to start having some real-life tracks too )

Again, of course it is just my opinion, but I won't see any problem forgeting the FOX.
Quote from chanoman315 :i feel the same, the one who is dead is the engine

It's a mildly tuned 2 litre road based Renault engine, it shouldn't really be a fast revving race engine like in the previous patches, that's one thing that the bike engine in the FBM has as an advantage.

Quote from XCNuse :
Which I bet is what we will see with the V1 series, is a bunch of knuckleheads racing like the SCCA Miata races (if anyone gets what i'm talking about lol), if you don't, basically those guys beat the crap out of each other quite a bit, but when V1 starts, I'd expect a LOT of action.

There's no suggestion V1 is going to be a racing series, simply a talent show, at some point using a Formula BMW prepared by Fortec racing and also some element using LFS. My guess is the prize will be a drive in the Formula BMW UK series.

Formula BMW offers close racing, like most series full of wannabes it is accident packed but it will not offer the door to door style action that the MX5s offer or the current single seaters in LFS because IRL wheels tangle and the front and rear crash structures of a single seater (the wings) are also essential for correct operation. As a general rule in open wheel racing touch another car and your race is finished. I would love to see proper interlocking wheels and corners that are much easier to rip off in LFS. It would really create a proper distinction between open and closed wheel racing, although if people make this much fuss about a bit of clutch heat I'd hate to see the reaction to a proper collision model
There are too many formulas in LFS right now and I don't see it is good for the consistence of the servers and the community.

How would pulling the FOX help that?

Again, of course it is just my opinion, but I won't see any problem forgeting the FOX.

And plenty of others would see a problem in it.

There's no reason to pull any car as I see it. Servers will just fill with the most popular cars anyway so it doesn't matter if there are 10 or 50 different cars.
There is no logical reason to remove a car from the game.
Quote from MyBoss :There is no logical reason to remove a car from the game.

+1

seriously why would you want to do that?

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG