The online racing simulator
BUG REPORTS : South City Track
(54 posts, started )
Please report any issues you find in the new South City in this thread.

Try to avoid duplicate bug reports.
SO Chicane course normal is actually reversed?
Is it intentional that SO Chicane Course normal direction is clockwise when all the other SOs that use the main pit lane are anticlockwise?
Yes
#4 - Dmt
Hello, there is some deep hole :P
Attached images
untitled6.JPG
Framerates dropped to about half from what they used to be in SO. Even when I reduced AA and AF + the ingame LOD settings.
#6 - mr_x
Can't drive in the little car park before the last corner on chicane course(circled on attached pic), yet can drive in there on Classic (not tried other configs, but presume they all still work like previous patches).

It's nothing major, it's just a good place to hide when the races finish
Attached images
Untitled-2.jpg
Quote from teaz-R :Framerates dropped to about half from what they used to be in SO. Even when I reduced AA and AF + the ingame LOD settings.

I've noticed a very minute drop in FPS on the new SO (due to increased detail I presume?) which is fine. I usually race that place (when offline) on cloudy sunset because it looks so pretty, BUT, when I did a practice on 'clear day' I notice a 20-30 FPS drop. It looked to me like the road textures were really grainy; sort of like the problem many converted tracks have in rF, only not as bad.

This leads me to believe that you've incorporated some new graphics shaders or something? (I obviously don't know the DirectX tech-speak :P) If that is the cause for the slow-down I'm perfectly fine with it, but just a heads up that there might be something slightly more sinister at play there. If you like I can grab a screen cap of the 'grainy' road surface.

[EDIT] Oh yes.. not really a bug, but I find myself staring at all the pretty new and re-worked buildings when I'm trying to drive. Please pass on my compliments to Eric. He damn well deserves them!
I lose AA when driving out of the pit lane during a mini lag on a GeForce 6800

edit: i can reactivate it with alt tab to windows and back but within the next lag AA is lost again
Can confirm 20-30 fps drop on the chicaneroute config too.
I noticed that a segment of wall on the right only appeared once you got so far down the pit exit road (at Chicane Route), so you got a pop-up effect. Don't know if that's how it is for everyone, though.
#11 - jug
i noticed when you reset your car while being in the pit exit, the cars is put back on the track in 90° to driving direction

i was using the course in reverse mode
missing some of ideal line on chicane route, here is quick shot:
Attached images
woott.JPG
#13 - axus
A sign going funky: this is on SO Long rev, before the last of the section of right handers after the really sharp hairpin.
Attached images
SOsign-bug.jpg
Looks like a polygon needs to be filled at this spot in SO. It's not too noticeable really, but looks a bit strange because you can see the sky and some buildings pouring through from the other side.
Attached images
hole1.jpg
hole2.jpg
Hello,

On South City Long, somes artefacts, very difficult to see on this images, but really here... (tests on 2 diffrents computers with 8800GTS and 6600GT... samething) :

bye
^ Looks like that is the racing groove that got pushed too far inwards causing it to pop up onto the barrier polygons
Is it just me (maybe not a bug) or is the new SO very bumpy? I've just tested the new chicane route, and before T1 makes my G25 hop all over the shop...
Yes it is
Graphical glitch on the Odeon sign. Sometimes the wall behind shows through. Presumably this is because the Odeon text is 3D and not just a texture?
Attached images
OdeonSignGlitch.jpg
does anyone else get it saying the chicane route is autocross?

EDIT: only happened once.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Is it just me (maybe not a bug) or is the new SO very bumpy? I've just tested the new chicane route, and before T1 makes my G25 hop all over the shop...

Not a bug, but a much welcomed feature
Hi, heres another small bug... the skidmarks are lost here...

The other thing i framed is:

Why are the flashlights so unflashy? if the real Lamps are this unviewable, there would be much accidents in the world
Attached images
skidmark.jpg
Quote from MAGGOT :Not a bug, but a much welcomed feature

Combined with FFB and 10fps, not welcomed by me lol

When I hotlap though, perfect!

Also, while I'm here, and on the subject, will lower-res SO ever be released for Y? My PC is just too old to run SO with more than 10fps lol
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Is it just me (maybe not a bug) or is the new SO very bumpy? I've just tested the new chicane route, and before T1 makes my G25 hop all over the shop...

Pouaahh !!! Make me sick ! It's a special feature for epileptical guys !

Bye
Was doing some laps in the FXR on SO Long when I made a slight speed mis-judgment and wound up thwacking the wall. (Right hander leading onto the front straight of SO Sprint2) Noticed a big black line, possibly an error in the placement of a skidmark?

Didn't notice it before I hit the wall, but may well have been there. Only visible from this side, not the other.
Attached images
err.jpg

(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG