The online racing simulator
R.I.P Rafael Sperafico (video)
(47 posts, started )
The 27 years old Rafael Sperafico died in an accident that happened in the Brazilian Touring Car Cup in Interlagos. His car crashed into the wall, spinned back to the track, then he crashed with Renato Russo... The car simply destroyed and Sperafico flied out of the car...:tombstone

Video tells everything...

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it ... 7a-11dc-ad99-0003ba99c53b
Whoa...

RIP Rafael

It sas here he was the younger cousin of Ricardo

DK
The same place Alonso had his big crash a few years back (I think)

RIP.
That makes me sad, he was doing what he loved

RIP Rafael
#5 - ajp71
Very nasty

It also shows the arguement against tire walls too close to the circuit.
Quote from ajp71 :Very nasty

Yeah it doesn't look too clever does it - slows the car down and spits it right back on to the track.

Really shocking accident. Hopefully they'll try something different with that barrier.
R.I.P

So sad that these things happen in motorsports
holy son of a biscuit! woah really nasty crash i cant believe there was literally nothing left of his car, RIP
Wow. I didnt think a car could detach itself like that O_O.

RIP
Wow, rest in peace. I cannot believe how many tragities we have had in the motorsports world recently. This needs to stop
~Bryan~
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Oh no, that's terrible. I remember being impressed by this guy in Formula Star Mazda iirc a good few years back. Very sad indeed.
RIP

Truly a tragic event.

Also, isn't that the Brazilian Stock Car series? I thought it was a stock car series instead of a touring car series cause the cars are similar to NASCAR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_Car_Brasil
sperafico is the one that raced in indycar? thats sad

RIP

edit: i cant see when he flies out of the car, but i can see that in the car theres no one inside
Quote from ajp71 :I'm pretty sure it's TC2000.

No. I'm pretty sure it's the Stock Car Brasil. The cars had the giant numbers on their windshields. It's the SCB

It says here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn ... ction=auto&id=3147932

That Rafael is a Brazilian Stock Car racer. That contact seems pretty light. I find it odd that a stock car was completely destroyed by that.
#17 - DeKo
Sad enough as the fatality is, i cant imagine what the guy that smacked into him is feeling.
Quote from DeKo :Sad enough as the fatality is, i cant imagine what the guy that smacked into him is feeling.

I imagine he is wondering when he can get out of intensive care, I expect he has no idea what happened actually. But it must be really hard to deal with when he does find out, although he couldn't be blamed at all.
Quote from lizardfolk :RIP

Truly a tragic event.

Also, isn't that the Brazilian Stock Car series? I thought it was a stock car series instead of a touring car series cause the cars are similar to NASCAR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_Car_Brasil

It's brazilian stock car, pretty much the same as NASCAR, I guess (but no ovals). Cars use a tubular chassi with a chevy V8 engine.

Quote from chanoman315 :sperafico is the one that raced in indycar? thats sad

RIP

edit: i cant see when he flies out of the car, but i can see that in the car theres no one inside

I don't think so... This one is Rafael, wich is cousin of the brothers Ricardo and Rodrigo Sperafico. I guess the one you're talking about is one of the brothers.
And what the hell?? He does NOT flies out of the car!! Evidence.

Quote from ajp71 :Very nasty

Can't disagree, but that place is the same as Alonso crashed, it's a "almost-straight", near the pits entrance. He crashed because he was pushed off the track.

This series is crap. Dirtiest drivers ever. But that's the series the media cover, so that's the series we have. No more F-Renault, no more sulamerican F-3, no more F-Chevrolet. It's Stock Car and another crappy "Formula Truck". Bah...
By the way they just shut down a classic cars series, right after 40 cars positioned at the Interlagos starting grid.
Quote from de Souza :It's brazilian stock car, pretty much the same as NASCAR, I guess (but no ovals). Cars use a tubular chassi with a chevy V8 engine.

Seriously, how can a stock car be so massively destroyed by that?

The series might learn something from the COT
That was pretty clearly slow motion, Lizard.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :That was pretty clearly slow motion, Lizard.

Umm ya I do know it's slow motion. But I've seen much serious crashes in NASCAR and Grand Am. You probably haven't seen Kyle Petty's hard talladega's crash
Quote from lizardfolk :Seriously, how can a stock car be so massively destroyed by that?

The series might learn something from the COT

You're looking there at a heavy car probably traveling the far side of 120mph T-boning an (effectively) stationary car, with seemingly no dissipation of energy first. Unfortunately the reality is the result would have been the same in pretty much anything and it clearly could have been a double fatality. A COT would have stood no better in a test like that, there is simply nothing other than massive crumble zones to loose the energy, like F1 cars have, that can really help in an impact like that.
Quote from ajp71 :You're looking there at a heavy car probably traveling the far side of 120mph T-boning an (effectively) stationary car, with seemingly no dissipation of energy first. Unfortunately the reality is the result would have been the same in pretty much anything and it clearly could have been a double fatality. A COT would have stood no better in a test like that, there is simply nothing other than massive crumble zones to loose the energy, like F1 cars have, that can really help in an impact like that.

I do know it's a hard hit. I'm not really THAT surprised that he died, I'm just surprised that the car was completely destroyed.

Look at the crash at Lowes where Jeff Gordon gets T-boned by AJ Allmendinger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... wVVT8&feature=related

They are going at about 150-160 mph, NASCAR stock cars are likely much heavier than the SCB and Gordon's car wasn't destroyed like how that car was
This cars are much smaller than the NASCAR's, they're actually an Astra (the size, of course). The shape is just glass fiber (or some kind of plastic), that's why the car seems to break apart. Later you can see the rollcage is still there, almost intact... So let's say Renato Russo hit the side of a 1000kg rollcage with his 1000kg rollcage at about 100mph (160kph). What car does survive this?

Edit: yeah, but Lizard, he hit a car that was a bit slower than his, not almost stationary.

(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG