The online racing simulator
My First Ever LFS Video
(25 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
My First Ever LFS Video
Not that great, but say what ever you want.

YouTube.

Hi-Res - SpeedyShare

The Hi-Res version was garbled by saving in Movie Maker to get the titles, though.
Good music, nice cameras, too short! Some visual effects would have been good, too, and some fading. Gentle effects would have gone with the music. I'm glad you didn't let the car go through the camera. A good first video!
#3 - Vain
That's low...
Half a year ago you were a championship contender in the propably biggest broadcasted racing series in sim-racing at the time and now you have to keep yourself in the public media with cheap black-XRT-drifting-flicks...

They rise and fall...
And next week we'll create a drifter-rehab group with the motto "Friends don't let friends do drifts".
( )

Vain
nice movie! nice quality! and what did you use to make it?
some suggestion:
more FOV on the shot of the car. different cameras on the car. maybe a longer version?
#5 - Jakg
I just used Fraps for the recording, VirtualDub to splice it together and Movie Maker for the final title.

This was just a vid for the "Drifting in the pits" topic that i thought i'd post here.
please leave the drifting to the drifters
(IMHO even in singleplayer pit drifting is childish)
good movie, except the camera position at the beginning (i dont like it).
Quote from Vain :That's low...
Half a year ago you were a championship contender in the propably biggest broadcasted racing series in sim-racing at the time and now you have to keep yourself in the public media with cheap black-XRT-drifting-flicks...

They rise and fall...
And next week we'll create a drifter-rehab group with the motto "Friends don't let friends do drifts".
( )

Vain

So champoins like jack cant film themselves having fun?
#9 - Jakg
I'm a champion, eh?

Yay!

First stop, BL Pits (which sucks i know - i only did it for that topic!), next stop, Oscars!
Quote from squidhead :please leave the drifting to the drifters
(IMHO even in singleplayer pit drifting is childish)

Each time a user posts a video here I check to see if you've made a comment and then form a reply based on what you've said, not because I respect you or your views because frankly I couldn't care less what you have to say.

But you're no LFS drift god or legend or any form of authority figure regarding drifting, so leave the lame posts outside with the other hyped up super drift kids or don't say anything.

Jakg: Did I spot custom lights for the XRT? Sin! Get back to racing and leave the drifting to the less gifted.
Quote from Rooble :Jakg: Did I spot custom lights for the XRT? Sin! Get back to racing and leave the drifting to the less gifted.

Ian get out of this body
Driftophobia is going round...
Quote from ACCAkut :Driftophobia is going round...

Jup its what i cal realeving from race stres
caus some people take it to serious

On the forum to.

LFS is and stays sim but its not real so why take it so seriously?
Quote from Rooble :Each time a user posts a video here I check to see if you've made a comment

how miserable IS your life if you do that daily?

Quote from Rooble :But you're no LFS drift god or legend or any form of authority figure regarding drifting.

But I have more experience then you and Jakg both on that matter so I believe you are not any form of authority figure regarding anything, to tell people what they should and what they shouldn't do

Quote from Rooble :Get back to racing and leave the drifting to the less gifted.

There's a little bit of Ian.H in all of us
Ok movie, not that ok drifting, but I like the cameras and such
I reckon the drifting fails.
But the movie angles and presentation dont. Good job Jakg
wait a min jack ure that guy whos subscribed 2 me?
The video was quite good but the music didn't fit it at all. If you had to use this track (which is waay overused and is getting boring) you should've done a slow motion video for it... but even that's been done by Don (I'm a poet deep down ) IIRC.

Overall: it is a nice effort from you but selecting a good music is just as important as setting the right cameras, timing, etc.
Quote from squidhead :how miserable IS your life if you do that daily?

I don't do it daily, I very very rarely visit this section of the forum as you can probably tell with a 9 day old reply.

Quote from squidhead :
But I have more experience then you and Jakg both on that matter so I believe you are not any form of authority figure regarding anything, to tell people what they should and what they shouldn't do.

There's a little bit of Ian.H in all of us

Again you've missed the point completely and have since made it an 'I am god' and 'I know best' reply - Well good for you, Mr I can drift in a game and know more then thou. How great you are! Almost worthy of a medal, all I'm pointing out is the comments like 'leave it to the drifters' don't really work well in your favour and should be best left with the drift idiot stereotype you try so hard to shake off. So lets all be thankful there is a little bit of Ian.H in us all, god knows what stupid existence we would lead without any common sense.

On a side note how do you know I or Jakg do not drift in our spare time at a track or organized drift event? Didn't anyone tell you assumptions are the mother of all phuck ups?

Edit : Sorry Jakg for going off topic here!
Very nice for a 1st.The drifting is ok for me.I bet its your first time drifting?
#21 - Jakg
No, it's just that i think the XRT is crap, much prefer the LX6, and i'm not used to using 540° for driftnig at all.
Why dont give the FZ5 a try?
#23 - Jakg
I used to like the FZ5, but now i'm not that keen.

The thread that made me make this video was about drifting in BL Pits using an XRT... so that's what i did!
Congrats on 12,000 posts Jakg
Hey I now saw that video, I am not going to comment at drifting because after all I am not a drifter but the cameras&editing were nice for a first try
Usually I have not a problem with music but I think in that occasion the music don’t match at all with drifting… maybe slomo scenes of drifting but still not sure.

My First Ever LFS Video
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG