The online racing simulator
My car goes only 47 mph
(102 posts, closed, started )
Dang, I was hoping we'd keep the bets at or around $0.01...

I got it! If I win, someone has to buy my S2 license! Bwa ha ha! And if I lose, I don't owe anyone anything!

Fair?
Ok, deal
Hmm...I should have been more specific..."someone" could mean anyone so everyone will just say "not me, someone else will!"

Now I'm scared. Everyone is so confident that it isn't the RPM limiter.

I will post a screen shot if I'm right, and for the record, I can't do any editing to save my life, so don't worry about that. If I'm wrong, I'll just admit it and go into hiding for the rest of my life.
#29 - Jakg
Quote from mattmac83 :I will post a screen shot if I'm right, and for the record, I can't do any editing to save my life

Time to start hiding :P

If i turned on "Limit Frame Rate In Game" i'd get an extra one that let me limit the FPS, and pick to what to limit it to - which is what i think you mean.

Don't feel to bad, we all made the same mistake when we first get S2 (although i don't actually remember ever doing this - i just guessed about the speed limiter)
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
I don't think that's what my screen looks like, which is why I'm confused. I really need to check it out when I get home. It might NOT be the misc screen at all, actually. I have no clue. We'll see!
Just to check, we are all talking about patch X10 aren't we? No one is running an older version for some silly reason?
#32 - Jakg
Quote from mattmac83 :I don't think that's what my screen looks like, which is why I'm confused. I really need to check it out when I get home. It might NOT be the misc screen at all, actually. I have no clue. We'll see!

Pick a screen, any screen...

(I think you owe me one S2 licens- wait, you don't owe me anything... )
Attached images
Grabby1.jpg
Grabby2.jpg
Grabby3.jpg
Grabby4.jpg
Grabby5.jpg
Grabby6.jpg
Grabby7.jpg
Grabby8.jpg
Grabby9.jpg
Grabby10.jpg
Haha...sorry Jakg!

Is it possible I am using an older version? I don't see how as I just installed LFS just under a week ago...
Did you download it from the main page prior to installing it last week? If yes, then the version is most definitely up-to-date. However, if you go to the main screen you can see the version of your currently installed LFS at the bottom. It should read "LFS S2 Alpha 0.5X10".
I'll check that out, Android. However, I did download it from lfs.net just a few days ago.
Well, then the version will be up-to-date and you're just a dunce :dunce:
I'm not denying it! It's quite possible I'm a goofball! But I need to check when I get home to confirm my goofballness. Who knows, maybe everyone else is a dunce, and I'm a brillian genius (unlikely)!
So, when will you be home? I just want to celebrate the moment, you know
Might be possible you are running.....rFactor

Scared you ... well its almost halloween
Haha! It's currently 1:30PM my time, and I'll be home around 3:30, 3:45 depending on traffic. So 2 hours or so, then you can let the party begin. And I will continue to be S2-deprived until a) I can talk my fiancee into letting me purchase it or b) Christmas day arrives.

Maybe I should start a topic on how to deal with significant others?
Drive slow. I'll be home around 3:30 - 3:45 as well. I want to see the unveiling

Actually, I have a bunch of stuff to do when I get home. So, I'll pm you my paypal info for my $50,000 tonight

PS. Where you at in eastern US?
Northern VA.

You better be quick with that paypal info! If you wait too long, I'll already have gone into hiding forever and ever and ever!
Quote from mattmac83 :.........And I will continue to be S2-deprived until a) I can talk my fiancee into letting me purchase it or b) Christmas day arrives.

If you need permission to spend £12 ($24) then you have my sincerest condolences

As for starting a thread on "how to deal with significant others".
I would forget that; and in your case start a thread titled "How do you deal with significant others"..seems like you need more advice than you are capable of giving
About 2 hours south, the way women drive. I don't drive that way. I'm leaving work now, I'll be waiting at your door!

Can't wait to buy my new car with my $50,000

Edit: Bladerunner, not everyone is as loaded as you guys assume of us in the US. $24 could be quite a bit of money to some. Hmm, wonder what she's gonna say when he tries to explain the $50k he's gonna pay me for the bet....
#45 - Jakg
Quote from mattmac83 :Haha! It's currently 1:30PM my time, and I'll be home around 3:30, 3:45 depending on traffic. So 2 hours or so, then you can let the party begin. And I will continue to be S2-deprived until a) I can talk my fiancee into letting me purchase it or b) Christmas day arrives.

I know you don't want to hear this, but this is the worst possible time to buy S2 - today it's $2.051 to the £1, whereas only 2 days ago it was $2.029 to £1. Of course if you were actually WORKING right now rather than whoring the damn LFS Forum this wouldn't be a problem!

You seem like exactly the sorta guy S2 needs more of, hope to see you on an S2 server soon.
Quote from Jakg :....... if you were actually WORKING right now rather than whoring the damn LFS Forum this wouldn't be a problem! .

er...... Pot? Kettle? Black?...seem to be trying to think of a famous saying here, but it escapes me for the moment!!!

Mike - don't get your hopes up.

I wouldn't normally need permission to spend $24, but like I said, wedding, and she needs new glasses...we'll see. Perhaps I'll talk to her tonight about it. Wish me luck!

Re: work...I'm so darn good at my job that I finished my work for the week...yesterday. Seriously. Haha. Should have more work starting next week that'll keep me busy for a while, so I'll shut up then.

Jakg - thanks for the compliment! I hope to get involved in some of the better leagues out there - I know a bit about racing so I already know (and have proven in my short time on LFS) how to handle a blue flag situation, T1 (I do fine with it, have no issues looking around and keeping my line to avoid screwing anyone else up), etc. It's not difficult, and my theory on why there's so much trouble with it is that people are stupid and don't care.

I just need to get used the S2 cars and get decent track times, then I'll start joining some leagues. Hope to see you out there - any servers you frequent or recommend?
Quote from mattmac83 :she needs new glasses

Get them after the wedding, otherwise there might not BE a wedding
Quote from Jakg :I know you don't want to hear this, but this is the worst possible time to buy S2 - today it's $2.051 to the £1, whereas only 2 days ago it was $2.029 to £1. Of course if you were actually WORKING right now rather than whoring the damn LFS Forum this wouldn't be a problem!

You seem like exactly the sorta guy S2 needs more of, hope to see you on an S2 server soon.

Well for him i think waiting for the good days to buy S2 are not going to make him any younger.
Quote from tristancliffe :Get them after the wedding, otherwise there might not BE a wedding

Hey now, some chicks are sexy in gla..... Ah! I get where your going with that!
This thread is closed

My car goes only 47 mph
(102 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG