The online racing simulator
paypal, how does it work?
(10 posts, started )
hi,
i've been selling more and more online, and i wan't my own account with paypal so i can buy stuff online too.
i wan't to know, do i get mail at home from paypal, alot of 'spam' mail, or any other stuff from paypal or so?
oh and what is the small fee per year, how much are we talking about and will it just be took from your paypal account?
Oh come on...you are connected to the Internet. Use it and search.
Paypal is a secure (if you're sensible) method of online payment. The account is attached to a credit or debit card and provides fraud protection when making online transaction, mainly because it involves using a username and password, and not your card number.

From the Paypal site you only release a set (predetermined) amount from your bank account into your Paypal account, and you can see previous payments into and out of Paypal.

If your Paypal account has a positive balance (ie, someone has paid you on ebay), you then transfer this balance back to your bank account, which can take a day or so to clear.

I'm not aware that Paypal charge for the service, but there may be a small charge per transaction, TBH I haven't noticed.

If you do use Paypal, beware of getting emails that ask you to give your full username and password, as this info will never be asked for by Paypal staff.

Hope this helps.
Been using Paypal for years now, and apart from phishing attempts, never had ANY spam directly as a result of PayPal..
They never contact me unless somebody makes a payment, and everything has run smoothly.
One BIG tip...when setting up your account, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that you set it up for you local currency (€uros, in your case! )
I made the mistake of letting it default to U$ Dollar$, and lost a little bit of money when I transferred it into £Sterling.
so i need a creditcard or so anyway...
i thought i could just leave it on the account or so..
allright, i just wanted some information from people i trust that use it...
Paypal works via witchcraft and various other black arts that we dare not mention in these here parts

Have a look here How Paypal Works (the very first Googly link, although it's in Hinglish)

Edit: nope you dont need credit cards, an ordinary bank account will do, but, it's a much quicker system when using credit/debit cards. That link will explain far better than i could.
thanks, sorry to say, but i never thought of searching on google :s
dunno why, thanks anyways!
i wanted something like paypal, cuz if people that buy something from me online and when i send it, the transfered money goes to my dad and he says he allready gave me the transfered money :s
is moneybookers the same concept, it seems not
Quote from kiss me :the transfered money goes to my dad and he says he allready gave me the transfered money :s

LOL parents are not to be trusted when it comes to money! :evil:

On topic, Paypal is great, that's how I bought LFS, and that's how I pay for things on ebay. I trust it, it has never let me down, and it doesn't spam your email.
cool, i had to give my dad my vid card, but got a great new 1 and lfs i asked and he gave, else he would lose the vid card hahahaha
i'm evil!

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG