The online racing simulator
Reverse False Start
(18 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Reverse False Start
I was using the tip tronic gears on the grid (gear up and down only on the h-shifter) (becuase my reverse gear doesnt work no more) and i went in nutural and accidently hit reverse and let go of the clutch abit, making me reverse..

A very stupid thing i know, but is it a false start going BACKWARDS? because i dont think you get an advantage from going backwards..

Thank you
I don´t want the guy in front of me move backwards, if he messes up the start i have even less space to avoid..
#3 - aoun
Quote from Mr.Muh :I don´t want the guy in front of me move backwards, if he messes up the start i have even less space to avoid..

ah very true, but if i moved back into my spot, what difference would that make?
Quote from aoun :ah very true, but if i moved back into my spot, what difference would that make?

Yeah, IF.... You also may have warmed up your tires by backing up with spinning wheels, giving you an enormous advantage at start...
Quote from aoun :ah very true, but if i moved back into my spot, what difference would that make?

In theory none. In practice no one is allowed to move on the grid and no one does.
Yeah, technically, you could be doing it to warm your tyres. Moral of the story is, keep the clutch in

Anyway, any real-life racing rules I've ever known of will state that nobody moves until the red lights are off. At all. Advantage is irrelevant, a false start followed by you stopping again straight after will probably slow you down too, because you're more likely to miss the lights going by concentrating on stopping again - you just do not move. Live with that

Sam
What about if you do standing burnouts without moving back or forth? afaik it doesnt false start you
#8 - Jakg
Roll back, then run forward, time it right and you'll cross the line at about 10 MPH and get a phenomenal start.

afaik the jump-start thingies irl work on absolute position - irrespective of your location relative to the line, you move = your out.
I'm now tempted to try doing a burnout and see if I get caught or not. I reckon it actually works on taking out the clutch whilst in gear with the engine running, so you may not even need to move at all. Test time

Sam
tell us what happenes, I don't think I can do a stand still burnout
#11 - Jakg
Yup, you can, but LFS doesn't work that well with burnouts because the tyres grip at 0 speed is a little... odd.

If you can get enough boost to spin the wheels but not to roll forward it will not false start you, but afaik the brake bias you'd need would make you loose all of that advantage at T1 as you tried not to lock the fronts :P
Actually, even with about 60-70% front bias an XRR can burnout on the spot, and thats without using silly brake values too
You can do it with the XRT also on the line Just don't to it on a sloped grid you will move then as I found out on blackwood.
We don't need people driving backwards on the grid!
Quote :afaik the brake bias you'd need would make you loose all of that advantage at T1 as you tried not to lock the fronts :P

What d'you think F11 is for

It's occured to me that as the speedometer works from the drive wheels, even if you can stay perfectly still (which I doubt), you're probably still going to get done for it

EDIT - Actually, I've just tested a Formula V8, and you can do it. It was moving forwards a little, but it could go about a foot before I got the penalty. Cool.

Sam
Quote from Dark Elite :What d'you think F11 is for

I thought F11 bias adjustment was only live with the BF1 . All other cars it is a pit change setting.
Well, it's called the Live Settings menu...

Sam
Quote from mrodgers :I thought F11 bias adjustment was only live with the BF1 . All other cars it is a pit change setting.

F11 is live changes, F12 is pit settings.

Reverse False Start
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG