The online racing simulator
Include Ascari circuit in the game
I know that LFS don´t include real tracks due to the cost of buying licences, but there is a special circuit which could be considered by de devs due to it´s special condicions.

It´s the Ascari racing resort speed track. It´s a private circuit made for millionaries at the south of Spain. The design is the combination of the most famous corners of different circuits and its not open for competition, only for private use. Becoming a member costs more than 120.000 € (if i remember well)

http://www.ascari.net/home.php?&&idioma=2

As it´s a private circuit, may be not that hard to get the rights to include it.

I´ve talked to people who has been driving there in the school academy and everyone agrees that it´s awesome.

If the devs are not interested, future modders be aware

EDIT:

Sorry, i´ve just seen a post of "tracks you want to see in LFS". I don´t get much in this forum and didn´t notice before posting
Quote from ATic ATac :I know that LFS don´t include real tracks due to the cost of buying licences, but there is a special circuit which could be considered by de devs due to it´s special condicions.

It´s the Ascari racing resort speed track. It´s a private circuit made for millionaries at the south of Spain. The design is the combination of the most famous corners of different circuits and its not open for competition, only for private use. Becoming a member costs more than 120.000 € (if i remember well)

http://www.ascari.net/home.php?&&idioma=2

As it´s a private circuit, may be not that hard to get the rights to include it.

I´ve talked to people who has been driving there in the school academy and everyone agrees that it´s awesome.

If the devs are not interested, future modders be aware

EDIT:

Sorry, i´ve just seen a post of "tracks you want to see in LFS". I don´t get much in this forum and didn´t notice before posting

Whel i like this track could be cool
There is a Skid pad,Offroad (rally)

It looks very nice.

Spec

I remember this being suggested a while ago, and I think it got some support. If we can't have this track, how about a fictional one based on it?
-
(Patussay) DELETED by Patussay
it looks and sounds pretty nice

Quote from Ascari race resort Site :
The area also doubles as a karting track or alternatively it can be set for you to try your hand at our "slalom challenge"
The special surface it can be used dry, or at the touch of a button it can be sprayed with water to simulate rainy conditions

Yes, this was suggested a while back and I emailed the Ascari company to suggest that they look into LFS as a showcase for their track and cars. But I guess they decided to ignore me (which isn't really a shock)
Quote from Dajmin :But I guess they decided to ignore me (which isn't really a shock)

Ascari KZ1 would be a nice addition to the car park here...
you should write to them again IMHO...
Fine then, I did

Quote from Dajmin (to Ascari) :I have been looking around the Ascari website and think both the track
and cars are beautiful.
It is on the basis of this that I would like to make the suggestion of
allowing the Ascari resort and vehicles to be featured in the racing
simulator Live For Speed (www.liveforspeed.net).

Live For Speed is a racing simulator by an independent European
developer - it features no driving aids and the cars are controlled
purely by physics. This means the drivers are in full control of the
cars at all times, with nothing to hold them onto the road other than
skill. The simulator is so impressive it is used at BMW Racing Team
shows when they tour Europe. The 2006 BMW Sauber was added to the
game with this deal. The Finnish Raceabout and McGill Racing Team's
Formula SAE were also added.
Sadly these are the only real-life vehicles currently featured, and
there have been numerous requests on the official forums for both
Ascari cars and the Resort track. The simulator is still
mid-development and as such is open to new content, but it already has
the highest population of any online simulator, with thousands of
races every week.

I am sure that both the developers and the fans would be delighted to
see more vehicles and track combinations in the simulator. It would
also be additional promotion for the Ascari company with comparatively
little effort required on the company's part.

Please do not feel the need to reply to this email, but I hope you
will at least consider this option, as I believe it would benefit all
parties involved. I for one look forward to seeing the Ascari name in
Live For Speed some day.

Thank you for your time.

Watch as they ignore me for a second time (the first email is dated 13th December 2006!)
Quote from Dajmin :
Watch as they ignore me for a second time (the first email is dated 13th December 2006!)

maybe it was considered spam because of the subject of the e-mail?
you never know what filter they have

anyways - great job, hoping to have that little monster in LFS
Quote from Dajmin :Fine then, I did

I live quite close to that circuit and last year i tried to get in and take a look around. The guard was really kind, and told me it was impossible at that moment because there were some famous guys around, but he gave me the card of the sales manager.

I´ll try to find the card and email him personally. Maybe i will have some luck or at least and educated "NO!"
Sounds like a plan. Obviously I'm sort of limited to the email addresses I find on websites
If you can get them to send me a free KZ1 then even better

@squidhead
The original subject line was just "Racing Simulator", but this time I put "Ascari in Live For Speed" so who knows?
Quote from Dajmin :If you can get them to send me a free KZ1 then even better

Anyway, if i found the email we would even send several messages from different users to make it more interesting
I don't know about that, we don't really want to spam the guy, that'd just make him block all of our email addresses

They only need to be told that LFS exists and that we'd all like to see more content for it. If they're interested they'll check it out, if they're not we don't want to bug them about it.
can't wait for the answer.. Hope they will read it
Really looking forward to this. And i'd like to see a home circuit in LFS
Quote from Dajmin :I don't know about that, we don't really want to spam the guy, that'd just make him block all of our email addresses

They only need to be told that LFS exists and that we'd all like to see more content for it. If they're interested they'll check it out, if they're not we don't want to bug them about it.

Lol, yup.

Anyway, i will look for the card tomorrow at work or i can even call them asking about events for companies.

I´ll keep you informed, even if i am pretty sure we won´t get answer
Somehow I started realising...
if we don't do the research whether a factory wants their car in LFS or not, nobody will....

somehow names like Pagani Zonda, Ariel Atom, Koenigsegg CCX, Gumpert Apollo came to my mind
Job done guys!

I found the card and sent a mail to the sales manager (Javier Conesa) to see if they would be interested in having their circuit and car´s included in the game.

Let´s see what happens
Quote from squidhead :Somehow I started realising...
if we don't do the research whether a factory wants their car in LFS or not, nobody will....

somehow names like Pagani Zonda, Ariel Atom, Koenigsegg CCX, Gumpert Apollo came to my mind

If we could see the Atom and the Zonda in the game i would piss mi pants
Don't wanna spoil the hopes, but I doubt it will get a positive answer, or even an answer at all.

It's just that Ascari would gain literally nothing from from the exposure in Lfs: They want to attract a target group of supercar owners who can afford a fee over 100.000 pounds to race on the curcuit.
Allthough I don't know the demographics of the LfS Users, I highly doubt that a lot of that said target group are present in the LfS community.
Now, it would certainly not be negative for Ascari's reputation if they would be in LfS, but it also wouldn't have any merits for them, as they are obviously not after a high perception in the mass market. With so much money involved, they could certainly spend a lot on commercials and PR if they wanted to be widely known.
But I guess Ascari is happy to be the little secret hideout for the super rich people.
Quote from ColeusRattus :
Allthough I don't know the demographics of the LfS Users, I highly doubt that a lot of that said target group are present in the LfS community.

What is the benefit of koenigsegg in NFS then?

Edit: damn, forgot EA pays for licenses...that's the answer then
Quote from ColeusRattus :Don't wanna spoil the hopes, but I doubt it will get a positive answer, or even an answer at all.

It's just that Ascari would gain literally nothing from from the exposure in Lfs: They want to attract a target group of supercar owners who can afford a fee over 100.000 pounds to race on the curcuit.
Now, it would certainly not be negative for Ascari's reputation if they would be in LfS, but it also wouldn't have any merits for them, as they are obviously not after a high perception in the mass market. With so much money involved, they could certainly spend a lot on commercials and PR if they wanted to be widely known.
But I guess Ascari is happy to be the little secret hideout for the super rich people.

You are right for the most part, but don´t forget they also have a driving school which, beeing expensive, is on the target of many fans and companies. (something like 3.000 € per weekend if i remember well).

Anyway what i have done in my mail is basically telling how much we admire the circuit and that it should be great for us to enjoy it virtually, even if we can´t pay for it.

The owner is a great fan of motorsport and i´ve just tried to show them we share his passion, apart from beeing a good publicity for them. Even super-millionaries have hearths

I agree that we won´t get answer, but it took me 10 minutes to write the mail while i´ve been enjoying this game for years, so it´s no big deal at all.
I'm gonna email Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, Porsche, Saleen, Spyker etc

Still no answer yet? I think we should forget it
Quote from ATic ATac :Anyway what i have done in my mail is basically telling how much we admire the circuit and that it should be great for us to enjoy it virtually, even if we can´t pay for it.

If you get a reply, you could tell him about the benefits of using LFS in the driving school for learning the track

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG