The online racing simulator
ABC TV's "The Chaser" rules
(23 posts, started )
2nd video is great :up:
2nd one was helarios buts scrary show als terroristts should dres like toorist OMG
Quote from Chrisuu01 :2nd one was helarios buts scrary show als terroristts should dres like toorist OMG

That's why I say we should round up all tourists around here in concentration camps. Oh, wait... we already do - only they're called "hotels".
I wish Mark Thomas was still making TV programmes.

Actually, it's a disgrace that even Channel 4 aren't willing to broadcast the kinds of programmes that Mark Thomas and Chris Morris want to make.
What was the black car? Picture was too small for me to tell, but wsa it a Holden Statesman?
i absolutely love the chaser been a fan of them ever since i first saw them (which wasnt too long ago)
too bad they didnt put their version of it in the latest show for whatever reason
Quote from 96 GTS :What was the black car? Picture was too small for me to tell, but wsa it a Holden Statesman?

I think so, the new model.
LOL I heard about this stunt on the radio today at work... I figured it was those guys..

Speaking of Holdens... I hear Pontiac is going to start selling the Commodore in the USA. They'll probably call it something else to make it seem like a complete new design.
By the way, How much does an old Holden Charger with the 6 banger hemi cost. Not immaculate condition, but not a basket case either.
A decent ball park figure would do
This stunt was absolutely brilliant.

The Aussi police have been raving about their new water cannon, how they will use tasers for anything from littering/jaywalking up and how they've cleared out Sidney's prisons for everyone they haven't tasered to death or washed away.

Then the silly buggers go and wave through Osama into their secure area. Absolutely priceless
Quote from Racer Y :
Speaking of Holdens... I hear Pontiac is going to start selling the Commodore in the USA. They'll probably call it something else to make it seem like a complete new design.

Actually the commodore was a rebadged 70's opal that the Aussi's took over.
Both the Falcon's & Commodores are very popular here, dirt cheap performace cars that handle.
( Love those big 8's, altho the supercharged 6 is a better road car.)
speaking of sidney ... that town apparently actally exists somewhere in montana
theres a hilarious story about some german dude who wanted to visit his gf last winter who spent some time studying in sydney ... unfortunately when ordering the tickets he misspellt the name of the town and arrived in the snowy mountains of montana wearing a tshirt and short trousers
Quote from Racer Y :By the way, How much does an old Holden Charger with the 6 banger hemi cost. Not immaculate condition, but not a basket case either.
A decent ball park figure would do

FYI Holden (aka GM) never made Chargers/hemi engines, afaik that's a Chrysler thing (just like in the states, I'd suspect). You can grab a decent V6 Common-dore for anything from 5K to 10K depending on the age and condition... You could even splash out on a V6 turbo Calais if you were feeling adventurous :up:
best " cauht on cam " extreme stunt if seen all year

Quote from Hankstar :FYI Holden (aka GM) never made Chargers/hemi engines, afaik that's a Chrysler thing (just like in the states, I'd suspect). You can grab a decent V6 Common-dore for anything from 5K to 10K depending on the age and condition... You could even splash out on a V6 turbo Calais if you were feeling adventurous :up:

i belive your right on that.. most all hemi's where made in Detroit ( hence the saying " the best thing to come out of Detroit was the 440 hemi r/t )

also holdens are poo , even with a v8 i would; nt touch em with a barge poll
Quote from Hankstar :FYI Holden (aka GM) never made Chargers/hemi engines, afaik that's a Chrysler thing (just like in the states, I'd suspect). You can grab a decent V6 Common-dore for anything from 5K to 10K depending on the age and condition... You could even splash out on a V6 turbo Calais if you were feeling adventurous :up:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1977-Ch ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

whatever this is then I thought they were holdens
Quote from theirishnoob :most all hemi's where made in Detroit ( hence the saying " the best thing to come out of Detroit was the 440 hemi r/t )

Send me your address, you can borrow my copy of Songs in the Key of Life.
Quote from Racer Y :http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1977-Ch ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

whatever this is then I thought they were holdens

Valiant was a sort of sister brand of Chrysler over here in the 70s, like Mercury was to Ford in the 60s (iirc). I'd love an old Aussie Charger though and that one looks pretty decent (like the colour - there's an older one near my house in the same shade). Plus with a 4.3L block it should keep anyone happy
Here's an earlier model of an Aussie RT10, I think they're a bit sexier than the model you posted especially in orange. But then I've had a thing for orange Chargers ever since I was a kid watching The Dukes of Hazzard

Quote from theirishnoob :also holdens are poo, even with a v8 i wouldn't touch em with a barge poll

Well, I'm sure with all your vast experience you could post your comparisons of various Holdens for us to read & digest...
That car is called a "valiant"? LOL I drove a 1970(1?) plymouth valiant on a road trip once. It was nowhere near as cool as that car. But it had a slant six that was a real sleeper. Way more power than what it looked like
Yeah, Valiant was its own brand down here. Maybe they thought Aussies wouldn't like saying "Plymouth" or wouldn't understand the historical reference, I dunno...

Anyway, in Spielberg's first feature, "Duel", the hero's gorgeous orange Plymouth Valiant (a 1970 model I think) defeats a frickin psychopathic 18-wheeler! Had some big nuts, the old Val

"Duel" Valiant:

I reckon I'll stick with the Oz Val Charger thanks
i bet the police felt stupid after that stunt

Quote :Well, I'm sure with all your vast experience you could post your comparisons of various Holdens for us to read & digest...

i drive a commodore and i can tell you they are pretty awful cars. They arent good around corners (no wonder they stopped skylines and stuff from being in bathurst), terrible suspension and they are pretty poor quality all round. Mine is only a few years old and the insides are already falling apart, stuff like popup covers for drink holders are broken so there a lid sticking out near the gearstick, and the electric windows motors are almost dead. And there is almost no feeling in the steering. I could go on for hours
My challenge was for ol' Irish noob up there^, sounds like he's driven a few Holdens in his time I'm well aware of how Commies handle like boats. The brand new ones are pretty comfy, of a decent build quality and not bad for the Adelaide/Melbourne trip I have to do a few times a year but through corners? Nup. They still suck at those. Commies and Falcons are built to be easy as piss to drive, haul dad's boat (and his fat arse) without struggling and drag off hatchbacks I hear you about Skylines too - I was spewing when they banned them from the touring car comp (which started the process that led to V8 Supercabs). As if the powers that be were going to put up with some smartarse Japanese 4WD turbo thing wailing on the V8s though

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG