The online racing simulator
Adaptive racing event, “Gimme some skin!!”
To celebrate the forming of our new team, and the completion of our skins, Adaptive racing would like to announce a one off event for the Live For Speed community.

There will be 3 prizes for the top 3 drivers on the day, £3 each sent to the top 3 via paypal, this £3 should be used to purchase hi-res skin downloads.

Adaptive drivers can drive, however if we have more than 30 drivers we may have to kick Adaptive drivers out, because they aren't eligable for the prize, so it's pointless them driving if we have a full event.

The event, “Gimme some skin” will run to the timetable below.

Date/Time : Sunday 23rd Septmeber / 1800GMT

Car/Track : LX4 @ South City Long

Timetable :

1800GMT : 20mins Qualification
1830GMT : Race 1, 20 laps South City Long
1930GMT : Race 2, 20 laps South City Long Reversed

Race 2 grid positions will be as the finish from race 1.

Position 1 = 26
Position 2 = 23
Position 3 = 20
Position 4 = 18
Position 5 = 16
Position 6 = 14
Position 7 = 13
Position 8 = 12
Position 9 = 11
Position 10 = 10
Position 11 = 9
Position 12 = 8
Position 13 = 7
Position 14 = 6
Position 15 = 5
Position 16 = 4
Position 17 = 3
Position 18 = 2
Position 19 = 1

Prizes :

The top 3 drivers at the end of the event will be given £3 each (via paypal), obviously we have no control over what the winners do with there prize, but we would hope the winners would honor our wishes and use the £3 to credit their LFS accounts and “buy” hi-res skin downloads.

Adaptive racing drivers are permitted to drive this event, but WILL NOT be eligible to win the prize.
In the event that an Adaptive driver places in the top 3, or one of the top 3 drivers DOES NOT want the prize, the prize will be given to the next driver.

Rules

There will be a qualification period of 20mins, and 2 main races

General Rules:

Drive clean and fair.

Car Selection:

-LX4 ONLY

Chatting:

- Chatting MUST be limited during the main race, only sorry or likewise being allowed.
- You can block messages in the main race, but be aware that this will also block messages that may help you in avoiding a penalty.

Disconnection:

- If you got a disconnection during the race you can not rejoin the race but you can spectate.

Reset:

- Resetting is NOT allowed, if you are stuck, or inverted you may Shift-S back to the pits.

Restarts

- The race WILL NOT be restarted under ANY circumstances

Yellow and Blue Flags:

- Respect the yellow and blue flags.
- No overtaking during Yellow flag (except the car/s that caused the yellow Flag).
- If you accidentally passed someone under yellow, you must let him pass you again ASAP!
- Drivers must use caution and be prepared to slow down under Yellow Flag conditions.
- When the Yellow Flag disappears from your screen you can overtake again.
- When you got a Blue Flag let the faster car/s pass you easily as fast as possible.

Race Starts:

- Remember to close all unnecessary programs and websites in the background (like MSN, LFS World etc.) before you race! Because these things take away a bit of your Internet bandwidth and this could cause lag (timeouts) for you and the other racers on a server.
- There are no restarts of the race - no matter what.
- Main race starting order is the result from qualifying.
- Race 2 starting order is the result from race 1

Pit Stops:

- There is NO forced pit-stop in the race, you can of course do a pitstop if your car is damaged.

Race Penalties summary:

- If you come too late and join after the qualifying has started = Your starting position will be the end of the grid.
- Wrong Passing under Yellow (and don't give the place back immediately) = You'll placed behind the driver you passed in the final results of that race (be warned If he DNF you also DNF because you'll be placed behind him!).
- Rejoining a race / joining an ongoing race will also end in a DSQ.
- All other things that are actually not in this list can of course be penalized by the Admins after the race (i.e. reckless driving, pushing someone out of his pit, etc.)

Please sign-up below if you are interested

Regards

Dan,

Entrants
  1. Bean0
  2. mcintyrej
  3. BlackEye
  4. MrSkill
  5. thisnameistaken
  6. troy
  7. The Moose
  8. speedway
  9. HuskyGoalie
  10. Blackout
  11. LFSn00b
  12. BenjiMC
  13. niall09
  14. Ball Bearing Turbo
  15. DaveWS
  16. N I K I
  17. Diablo Def
  18. jwardy
  19. tonix
  20. BlueFlame
  21. BurnOut69
  22. shockman

This certainly is a nice event man, why does the cool events always start when I'm not possible to join.

Well to the drivers who joins this event, I Wish to say Good Luck and drive clean!
#3 - axus
I'd quite like to join but I'm not sure if my connection will hold or if it does, will I get in anyone's way by lagging around. If we can do a test before the actual event one evening, that will be great.

By the way, 23 October is a Tuesday, I assume you mean 23 September?
Yeah, stupid me...........Sept is correct

I'll try and arrange a test race before the event.
#5 - Bean0
Count me in, unless something unexpected comes up
I'm in! Sounds like a fun event.
Sound like a very nice event and it's LX4 @ SO

Count me in
Good car choice.
I would like to participate.
I think I can do that day. Save me a grid slot plz!
#10 - troy
if there are still some places left, i would like to join. i'm not completely sure if i can really make it on that date but it sounds like fun and finally some LX racing again, so count me in for now
Any chance of a reversed grid for race 2? Could create some pretty tense opening laps on SO Long with a tight pack stuck behind slower cars.
LX4? SO Long? Ohh yeah put me down for that one pls, sounds great.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
best combos!
wanna join!
I'm in.
I dunno about you guys. I just want some hi-res skins
You can count me in
Keep em coming fellas
I'm in
Yes please
I'm in too
-
(RRT RABBIT) DELETED by RRT RABBIT
I just realized that OLFSL is on at Sunday.
I try to make this one too if I can though.
I just realized I'm piss poor at all SO tracks. Oh well. I just can't get that little twisty section lined up right, and stay on the throttle enough through it.
Dan u can count me in
Would definitely be in but I'll be out of town. :[
What are the odds of moving this event foward by one hour?
-
(Diablo Def) DELETED by Diablo Def

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG