The online racing simulator
XFG - is that realistic?
(59 posts, started )
Only car i can think of that's close well near is the 1.4 rover 25, 101BHP
Quote from Blackout :I wish they changed that. It's a bit too amazing.

pfft, ever read tuning mags? Try 999hp out of a turbo 4clylinder (the 4G63 motor found in the Lancer Evolution)

Dude, 500hp hasd been pulled out of a lot of Honda engines as well:
The b18, K20A2, h22, b16 head on a b18block, etc. all turboed, but it's possible if you know what the iff you're doing and can tune an engine well. There's also the rotary, which can get 400hp easy (from a 13BTurbo 1.3 liter but it WAS designed as a racing engine...:shrug Then, there is the ecotec engine in the chevy cobalt, and as much as i don't like american cars, that engine is not half bad, and has also ben known to do some crazy shit if built right.
Turbochargers are the way to go to make crazy power out of small engines!

BUT... I'll take my 250hp N/A engine with instant throttle response any day! for me, it's not about crazyt ass numbers, but about how the car handles.
Quote from 1995CobraR :What's so bad about this whole thing?? I meen look at the FD RX-7

1.3L 255hp. Look at that. Smaller output then the XFG but alot more HP.

You can't really compare Rotary to piston.

and 140 from a 4Cyl isn't amazing.
Quote from FC3SCorey :You can't really compare Rotary to piston.

and 140 from a 4Cyl isn't amazing.

And yes, I agree...
Quote from p5srono :i dunno much bout big bikes so im probably wrong but im sure they had single point, single point works off the carb, basically a little jet that squirts more fuel in, a lot of older small cars use the same thing, my 1.2 nova had single point, my mates 205gt had single point, im sure there are some bikers on here that could confirm or make me look like a tit tho, search for ghost rider on youtube or google video, there is a turbo busa on there runnin 500bhp, i saw a vid of a twin engined turbo busa kit car wich just took the piss, there is a vid floatin around of a quad with a impreza sti engine aswell, not sure what that has to do with anythin but its worth a look

mate stop now, carb/injection are completly different, carbs use jets but the fuel is drawn out by the air passing over the jet, injection uses fuel that is under pressure ethier in the inlet or directly into the cylinder at specific times controlled by the engine management
Quote from Woz :It would be good to see more "normal" redlines and power curves though

yeah, yeah, yessss. that's what I basically wanted to say when opening the thread ... and hell, I did. i didn't say it was not realistic to have a 1.3 or 1.4 with 115 hp.

BUT, if you do have those 115 hp, then it must be quite tuned / tweaked (corsa 1.4 - 90hp; punto 1.4 - 95/100 hp; clio 1.4 - 95hp).

and if it's tweaked, these 115 hp would be extremely close to the redline if not exactly on it (even with the prod. cars mentioned that's the case).

so the thing is: having 115 hp @ 7000 rpm is ok, but then still having almost 2000 rpm of safe reving left is plain ficiton.

i'd change it to something like 115 hp @ 6500, redline @ 7000, and if you want to risk SERIOUS engine damage (where is this anyway???) you can still rev it to 9000 if that makes you happy.

what was that rev-limiter thing that was mentioned? never seen it in the game...
Quote from p5srono :i dunno much bout big bikes so im probably wrong but im sure they had single point, single point works off the carb, basically a little jet that squirts more fuel in, a lot of older small cars use the same thing, my 1.2 nova had single point, my mates 205gt had single point, im sure there are some bikers on here that could confirm or make me look like a tit tho, search for ghost rider on youtube or google video, there is a turbo busa on there runnin 500bhp, i saw a vid of a twin engined turbo busa kit car wich just took the piss, there is a vid floatin around of a quad with a impreza sti engine aswell, not sure what that has to do with anythin but its worth a look

Single point what? Don't come into a technical conversation when you know nothing about engines
I think he is talking about single point fuel injection, as opposed to multi-point, not sure where he gets he facts from though...........

Bike engines are great at making lots of BHP per litre, but they have next to no torque and are pretty much useless in all but the lightest cars.

Now, 2 Rotax 1000cc V-twins in a car?, now your talking, 2000cc, 300+BHP, 200NM of torque, thats before you even think about forced induction
Quote from 1995CobraR :What's so bad about this whole thing?? I meen look at the FD RX-7

1.3L 255hp. Look at that. Smaller output then the XFG but alot more HP.

you are a bit confused rx7 use a "rotary" or "Wankel" Motor that had nothing to do with the the common engines =)

wikipedia will help you : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine

XFG - is that realistic?
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG